Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

Pimp Your Boss!

• Please log in to reply
1772 replies to this topic

#1 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• 4,348 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2012 KB Boss 302 Mustang
  • Boss 302's Year:2012

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:40 PM

Greetings Boss 302 Drivers: I own a KB with Sport Seats and Torsen, delivered in December 2011. Here are the planned mods for my Boss. 1. Replace shifter with a MGW upper and lower shift unit, keeping the 8 Ball shift knob. (Note: This shifter also replaces the inexpensive stock shifter bracket at the back of the transmission.) 2. Replace the rear spoiler with a GT500 unit. 3. Install the LS front brake backing plates and cooling hoses, 4. Install the LS Transmission cooler scoop. 5. Replace the rear mufflers with GT500 units, (I don't like seeing that 2.5" pipe inside the 4.0" exhaust tip. (note: Exhaust mods cancelled due to Ford TSB 11-7-7) 6. Remove side exhaust restrictor plates, (Note: Now the dishes in the kitchen cabinets rattle when I start her up in the garage). 7. LS Tri-Guage Pac, Note: will install electronic full sweep gauges for Oil Pressure, Oil Temp and Coolant Temp. 8. Rear Suspension, replace LCA's, UCA and body mount bracket, Panhard Bar. And last but not least, TracKey. Well, that is it, so tell us about your Mods, planned or completed and include some pics when you complete your mods. Look forward to hearing from you all. - Thanks

9. Metco, Rear Axle, Billet Lower Control Arms with Grade 8 Hardware to replace the stock stamped steel control arms. You will not believe the difference when to place these items side by side with the stock stamped steel units. Metco has a great manufacturing story and build quality parts for our Mustangs. This is an item I learned about from our fellow Boss 302 Forum members - Thank you very much - Hi Pro.

Edited by 302 Hi Pro, 26 December 2011 - 08:14 PM.

2012 KB Boss 302 MC: 500A | Boss Production Line Assembly Number 2800. Vehicle Special Ordered with Recaro Sport Seats & 3.73:1 Torsen Option | Engine: FRPP 84.5MM TB, Peterson CJ Vent Can, TracKey Activated, AirAid CF PJ CAI, FRPP 84.5MM TB | Drivetrain: AE 4.0" Aluminum DS, MGW Gen 3 Race Spec Shifter, GT500 Clutch Pedal Box, FRPP Stainless Clutch Line, Dedicated Clutch Fluid Reservoir, FRPP Trans Cooler Scoop. | Exhaust: Silver Ceramic Kooks Super Street Headers, MagnaFlow Street/Comp 3.0" SS CB X-Pipe System, Open Kooks SS Boss Side Pipes. | Suspension: FRPP "T" Springs (alternate Steeda Boss Rear Springs), Koni Sports (Yellow) Adjustable Struts/Shocks, Steeda HD Camber Plates, Cortex Watts Link, Steeda Billet KB Poly/Spherical LCA's, KB LCA Relo Brkts, Steeda Adj. UCA & Energy Suspension Sys. Upper Diff Housing Bush, OEM Boss Rear Sway Bar | FRPP GT500 Forged wheels, (19X9.0 F & 19X10.0" R) | Brakes: FRPP Boss 302 Cooling Duct Kit, Steeda SS/Kevlar Brake Lines, GT500 13.8" Rear Rotors, GT500 Rear Brake Pads, Dot 4 Motul 600 HT Fluid | Body: FRPP Boss 302S Grill, FRPP Boss 302 LS Front Splitter, FRPP GT500 Rear Spoiler & Serviceable Gurney Strip, BFR Front Tow Hook, Jacking Plates, 3M Window Tint, (35/20), OEM Boss 302 Floor Mats & Boss 302 Car Cover, Pioneer TS-D6802R Speaker System, Auto Dim, Home Link & Compass Mirror. Notes: Current Intake System - Ram Air thru Front Grill Fog Light, OEM CAI Box and AEM Aluminum Intake Tube with Drop-In High Flow Filter. In Testing Spring 2016. SCT-X4 Tuner used exclusively for Data-Logging AFR/Timing Curves Only. FRPP TracKey is Preferred PCM Tune.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#2 MIG

MIG

Michel

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 81 posts
  • Region:U.S., Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss 302 (1719)

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:27 AM

Sounds like a plan.

My mods completed include: iPad in dash, Opened restrictor plates to .55 inches and drilled grille False FogLight grille to allow air thru.

Mods planned this month: MGW shifter (in the mail), Raise Passenger Recaro one inch or two.

Mods planned next year: Non-Metallic Bright Yellow with flat black hood and trunk lid top à la 1969, Openings in rear trunk section for adjusting suspension.

Edited by MIG, 16 November 2011 - 11:27 AM.

#3 Poole1

Poole1

New Boss 302 Member

• Southeast Region
  • 742 posts
  • Region:U.S., South Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss 302

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

Congrats !! Be careful...Ford says NO mods to the vehicle regarding TracKey. Check on swapping the exhaust. It's a very fine line with Ford now !! The TracKey was designed around the factory set up.

I have TracKey installed, but my Boss is stock otherwise.

2012 Boss 302 # 752
2010 Roush Stage 2 #6/15
2010 F-150 Super Cab
8016203a-d703-481c-9959-2c83a818a499_zps
The term g-force refers to a measure of the acceleration acting on a body measured in multiples of the sea level acceleration due to gravity on Earth, equating to ~9.8 m/s2

#4 Burnin4

Burnin4

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:03 PM

I've had my Boss for 2 months, absolutely love it! I've made some upgrades, drastically improved several aspects of the car. Tinted windows, clear bra, 2012 GT500 clutch pedal assembly, American Racing LT's with hi flow cats, Magnaflow catback, MGW shifter, and Metco billet lower control arms/brackets. She's a wicked machine!
  • Fast5Oh likes this

#5 mooremmmm

mooremmmm

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 BOSS 302

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:09 AM

I installed the LS performance gauge pod on my base Boss. You have to splice in the wires. It was not very difficult but the instructions are very sparse. I had to figure out the steps along the way. Someone with experience with auto wiring can probably knock it out in 4-5 hours. It took me 7ish. I mostly watch the water temp, and having the oil pressure gauge is reassuring. The performance gauge is fun, but not really for Gs.

I also have the exhaust restrictors out, and have my Trackey activated. The only other mods I plan are the LS brake cooling and Transmission cooling scoop. Eventually I'll put in the MGW shifter too.

#6 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• 4,348 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:33 PM

I've had my Boss for 2 months, absolutely love it! I've made some upgrades, drastically improved several aspects of the car. Tinted windows, clear bra, 2012 GT500 clutch pedal assembly, American Racing LT's with hi flow cats, Magnaflow catback, MGW shifter, and Metco billet lower control arms/brackets. She's a wicked machine!

Can you tell us about the GT500 Clutch Pedal Assembly? What is the reason to replace this item and what are the improved results? Thank you for the post, and we hope to see a picture of your Boss - Hi Pro

2012 KB Boss 302 MC: 500A | Boss Production Line Assembly Number 2800. Vehicle Special Ordered with Recaro Sport Seats & 3.73:1 Torsen Option | Engine: FRPP 84.5MM TB, Peterson CJ Vent Can, TracKey Activated, AirAid CF PJ CAI, FRPP 84.5MM TB | Drivetrain: AE 4.0" Aluminum DS, MGW Gen 3 Race Spec Shifter, GT500 Clutch Pedal Box, FRPP Stainless Clutch Line, Dedicated Clutch Fluid Reservoir, FRPP Trans Cooler Scoop. | Exhaust: Silver Ceramic Kooks Super Street Headers, MagnaFlow Street/Comp 3.0" SS CB X-Pipe System, Open Kooks SS Boss Side Pipes. | Suspension: FRPP "T" Springs (alternate Steeda Boss Rear Springs), Koni Sports (Yellow) Adjustable Struts/Shocks, Steeda HD Camber Plates, Cortex Watts Link, Steeda Billet KB Poly/Spherical LCA's, KB LCA Relo Brkts, Steeda Adj. UCA & Energy Suspension Sys. Upper Diff Housing Bush, OEM Boss Rear Sway Bar | FRPP GT500 Forged wheels, (19X9.0 F & 19X10.0" R) | Brakes: FRPP Boss 302 Cooling Duct Kit, Steeda SS/Kevlar Brake Lines, GT500 13.8" Rear Rotors, GT500 Rear Brake Pads, Dot 4 Motul 600 HT Fluid | Body: FRPP Boss 302S Grill, FRPP Boss 302 LS Front Splitter, FRPP GT500 Rear Spoiler & Serviceable Gurney Strip, BFR Front Tow Hook, Jacking Plates, 3M Window Tint, (35/20), OEM Boss 302 Floor Mats & Boss 302 Car Cover, Pioneer TS-D6802R Speaker System, Auto Dim, Home Link & Compass Mirror. Notes: Current Intake System - Ram Air thru Front Grill Fog Light, OEM CAI Box and AEM Aluminum Intake Tube with Drop-In High Flow Filter. In Testing Spring 2016. SCT-X4 Tuner used exclusively for Data-Logging AFR/Timing Curves Only. FRPP TracKey is Preferred PCM Tune.

#7 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• 4,348 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:49 PM

Wheel Hop: Has anyone experieced excessive rear wheel hop on hard acceleration? If so, do you see any value in some of the rear suspension parts I see advertised, this would include rear panhard bars, three point lower control arm brackets/braces, etc. Do you think there is any need to upgrade the rear axle lower control arms, as they appear to be stamped steel pieces that look a little flimsey. Has anyone performed any rear suspension upgrades and/or modifications? Thank you for your input and contributions to this post. - Hi Pro

#8 EOD_TEK

EOD_TEK

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Audi A6

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:16 AM

My current mod list: upgraded alarm, smoked lenses, tint, 4 Infinity reference speakers to replace the factory speakers in front, one JL W7 sub in the trunk, Alpine navigation unit, MGW shifter, Moddiction Anvil shift knob, Airaid cold air intake, Trackey, Steeda sport lowering springs, and a black billet grill from American Muscle... I have everything but the tint, Alpine head unit, and most importantly the CAR...

#9 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• 4,348 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

My current mod list: upgraded alarm, smoked lenses, tint, 4 Infinity reference speakers to replace the factory speakers in front, one JL W7 sub in the trunk, Alpine navigation unit, MGW shifter, Moddiction Anvil shift knob, Airaid cold air intake, Trackey, Steeda sport lowering springs, and a black billet grill from American Muscle... I have everything but the tint, Alpine head unit, and most importantly the CAR...

I am very interested in seeing the new stance of your Boss 302 with the Steeda Sport lowering Springs, Can you tell us how much it took it down front and rear, if you could post a picture, that would be great, I think a lot of us would like to see your Ride. The mods you made sound awesome and we look forward to seeing it soon. All the best and most of all enjoy your new Boss. - Hi Pro

#10 Burnin4

Burnin4

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:51 PM

Can you tell us about the GT500 Clutch Pedal Assembly? What is the reason to replace this item and what are the improved results? Thank you for the post, and we hope to see a picture of your Boss - Hi Pro

Here you go, this is a thread about the difference in the clutch pedal assembly...

http://www.svtperfor...-issue-fix.html

Here's a pic, notice anything? Haha!

Posted Image

Edited by Burnin4, 18 November 2011 - 09:58 PM.

#11 Burnin4

Burnin4

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:54 PM

Wheel Hop: Has anyone experieced excessive rear wheel hop on hard acceleration? If so, do you see any value in some of the rear suspension parts I see advertised, this would include rear panhard bars, three point lower control arm brackets/braces, etc. Do you think there is any need to upgrade the rear axle lower control arms, as they appear to be stamped steel pieces that look a little flimsey. Has anyone performed any rear suspension upgrades and/or modifications? Thank you for your input and contributions to this post. - Hi Pro

I experienced severe wheel hop at the drag strip, but I was able to cure that with a set of Metco billet lower control arms/brackets. Night and day difference.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=2u1j5Y9U38M

#12 Harley

Harley

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 351 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss302 CO

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:49 AM

Here you go, this is a thread about the difference in the clutch pedal assembly...

Posted Image

Not a fan of that look. I'll leave the stripes on my car.

#13 EOD_TEK

EOD_TEK

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Audi A6

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:22 PM

I am very interested in seeing the new stance of your Boss 302 with the Steeda Sport lowering Springs, Can you tell us how much it took it down front and rear, if you could post a picture, that would be great, I think a lot of us would like to see your Ride. The mods you made sound awesome and we look forward to seeing it soon. All the best and most of all enjoy your new Boss. - Hi Pro

Right after I return home from the deployment and vaporize some of the factory Pirelli rubber; I will begin the installation of all the aftermarket items and get up as many pictures as I can... :peelout:
  • 302 Hi Pro and like this

#14 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• 4,348 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:48 PM

Notice anythingdifferent? Oh yes, you hung a STOP signin your garage!

Wow-O-Wow! It looks incredible, it shows just how smoothand fluid the body lines are on the 2012 Mustang, in particular the rearquarter panel lines. I think it looksgreat, and with the Reverse "C" Side Stripe removed I see just how “busy” it looked with thestripe on. In the future, if you need toreturn the Boss exterior to stock it will be an easy fix to reapply the ReverseSide C Stripe. Ford did a great job withthis color, Race Red, as it looks as though they dipped the car in a paint can,it looks thick, know what I mean? Beautiful car, and remember to keep us guys still “in waiting “ postedon your progress. All the best – Hi Pro

Posted Image

#15 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• 4,348 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:23 PM

I experienced severe wheel hop at the drag strip, but I was able to cure that with a set of Metco billet lower control arms/brackets. Night and day difference.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=2u1j5Y9U38M

Burnin4: Thank you for the heads-up on the Metco MotorSports - Billet Lower Rear Axle Control Arm information. I checked it out on the web and found that these units are very nicely made, (billet) and come with Grade 8 hardware. You can't get much better, and if you did, it would be overkill for this application. Again thanks for the information, and please let us know if you have a video of one of your runs, we would love to see it. Can you share with us any other Mods you have done and tell us about your Track times and the ET improvements realized, (before) and after your Modifications. We would love to see you whipping up on a Challenger or Camaro! All the best to you and your Boss 302 – Hi Pro

Edited by 302 Hi Pro, 20 November 2011 - 11:58 AM.

#16 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• 4,348 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:42 PM

Burnin4: That was good news on the Clutch Pedal issue of sticking to the floor under High Rev shifts, e.g. shifts at 7.000 + RPM's. After your tip, I searched the web and found that Ford did release a TSB on this matter, ( TSB 10-19-4), dated September 20, 2010. So, it would appear this was an issue with the 2011's and perhaps early 2012 models, (GT's with 5.0l's). I am not sure if Ford has applied a manufacturing fix, but if not - We now know what to do if it happens to us.

Very good information for all of us new guys with no prior Mustang ownership experiences. Agan, thank you and enjoy your new 500A! - Hi Pro

Edited by 302 Hi Pro, 20 November 2011 - 11:59 AM.

#17 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• 4,348 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

Right after I return home from the deployment and vaporize some of the factory Pirelli rubber; I will begin the installation of all the aftermarket items and get up as many pictures as I can... :peelout:

EOD_TEK, God speed, for a safe and productive deployment and thank you for you service to our country, so that we (at home) are kept safe. God bless you and your family; and please keep in touch with all of us here. - Hi Pro
  • KB2210 likes this

#18 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• 4,348 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:48 PM

Ok, I like some of your ideas with Mods to the Reverse C Stripes. I know this style stripe first appeared in1969 on the first Boss 302, and the 2012 follows this model year Boss. Next, the Hockey Stripe followed in 1970, but here is a shot of a modified reverse C stripe. Tell us what you think. Note: This is a Stock photo, I have a KonaBlue / white on order with an ETA for a mid-December 2011 delivery.

Edited by 302 Hi Pro, 21 November 2011 - 07:27 PM.

• Brewmaster likes this

#19 TENRTEN

TENRTEN

tenrten

• Northeast Region
  • 55 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 ford boss 302

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:08 PM

Maybe its just me but, Ford spent millions on R&D and came up with a winner... leave the car stock.. it will preform as intended and be worth much more when the time comes to sell or trade!!

#20 SVT NAJA

SVT NAJA

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 239 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Shelby GT500 SVTPP Coupe

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:26 AM

Maybe its just me but, Ford spent millions on R&D and came up with a winner... leave the car stock.. it will preform as intended and be worth much more when the time comes to sell or trade!!

+1...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·