Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

Pimp Your Boss!

• Please log in to reply
1772 replies to this topic

#1761 bossy13

bossy13

Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 1,425 posts
  • Region:U.S., Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302, Race Red
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:23 PM

B13 you've made some of the best mods yourself. Especially your rear axle and Kooks work and cosmetic mods that are a must (I really like them anyways). But for me, I've done so much as that and really hated when I traded cars. These days I can't seem to find time for hood struts or the Accufab TB, maybe late Summer. The air bag change, maybe this Fall when sticker's due? But this car is different, last one perhaps and sure don't need it or drive it much. Why I bought probably, almost a privilege to have as such.

Thanks Rich,

Know what you are saying... keep thinking at some point life should start to slow down as getting older.

Instead only seems to get busier...

Decided a while ago to pull back on the mods (at least for a bit) - more behind-wheel time / less under the car time.

Still seems like a rare occasion when I can actually get the Boss out of the garage.

• Rich B. likes this

Original: 2013 Race Red with TracKey, Recaro Seats, Torsen Diff, and Owners Kit.

Performance Mods: JLT Oil Separator, MGW Shifter, FRPP 84.5 MM TB, Airaid PJ Carbon Fiber Intake, Kooks 1-7/8" Shorty Headers (ceramic coated), Kooks Gen-II Side Pipes, MRT H-pipe, Borla Over-Axle Pipes, GT500 Quad Mufflers (painted black) with Valence, QTEC302 Electric Side-pipe Cutouts,  FRPP SS Clutch Line, FRPP Brake Cooling Kit, GT500 13.8" Rear Brake Upgrade, Vorshlag SS Brake Lines, AE 4" Aluminum DS with BMR safety loop, Shelby transmission scoop.

Suspension Mods: Steeda Boss Lowering Springs, Steeda HD Strut Mounts, Koni Yellow Dampers, Whiteline Panhard Bar with Brace, Whiteline LCAs with Relo Brackets.

Appearance Mods: Sound Tube Delete, Race Red Bumper Plugs, CDC Illuminated 'Boss 302' Sill Plates, RedLine Hood Struts, Blacked-out Hood Vents, MRT Aluminum Rear Louvers, SHR Flush Quarter Louvers (matte black), SHR Custom Fuel Door (matte black with RR '302' lettering), Moroso Coolant Reservoir. Moroso Battery & Brake Fluid Covers, CJPony Boss302 Rally Shift Knob.

Track & Safety Mods: Forgestar CF5 19x10" wheels (square configuration), Hoosier R6 295/35-19 R-compound tires, SRP Racing Pedals, LS Rear Seat Delete and Cross Brace (race red), CoolTech Roll Bar (race red) and Crow Harnesses (with Boss 302 emblem).

Planned Mods: Whiteline UCA, CoolTech Tow Hooks, Peterson Breather Can, McCloud RST Clutch, Maybe a set of Sweet BSS Wheels, 500+ BHP (one way or another).

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#1762 bossy13

bossy13

Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 1,425 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302, Race Red
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:29 PM

Don,

Trust me when I say my head spins too. Hope to get the CoolTech oil cooler installed and the differential breather tank re-installed in the trunk this long weekend. 

I signed up for three track days in Hasting, NE later this summer for the Mustang Roundup at MPH, The Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup in Steamboat for my first AutoX and a few other Mustang shows and won't make it out to one of the Bay Area for any of the events this year but it's on my bucket list. 

Heading out your way today and having dinner at Birks tonight, if you're in the area, stop by and say hello. Would love to see Bossy again!

Kirk

Kirk,

Sorry timing for Birks didn't work out, but I hold out hope we can connect before you head back home.

Hope to see you soon...

- don

Original: 2013 Race Red with TracKey, Recaro Seats, Torsen Diff, and Owners Kit.

Performance Mods: JLT Oil Separator, MGW Shifter, FRPP 84.5 MM TB, Airaid PJ Carbon Fiber Intake, Kooks 1-7/8" Shorty Headers (ceramic coated), Kooks Gen-II Side Pipes, MRT H-pipe, Borla Over-Axle Pipes, GT500 Quad Mufflers (painted black) with Valence, QTEC302 Electric Side-pipe Cutouts,  FRPP SS Clutch Line, FRPP Brake Cooling Kit, GT500 13.8" Rear Brake Upgrade, Vorshlag SS Brake Lines, AE 4" Aluminum DS with BMR safety loop, Shelby transmission scoop.

Suspension Mods: Steeda Boss Lowering Springs, Steeda HD Strut Mounts, Koni Yellow Dampers, Whiteline Panhard Bar with Brace, Whiteline LCAs with Relo Brackets.

Appearance Mods: Sound Tube Delete, Race Red Bumper Plugs, CDC Illuminated 'Boss 302' Sill Plates, RedLine Hood Struts, Blacked-out Hood Vents, MRT Aluminum Rear Louvers, SHR Flush Quarter Louvers (matte black), SHR Custom Fuel Door (matte black with RR '302' lettering), Moroso Coolant Reservoir. Moroso Battery & Brake Fluid Covers, CJPony Boss302 Rally Shift Knob.

Track & Safety Mods: Forgestar CF5 19x10" wheels (square configuration), Hoosier R6 295/35-19 R-compound tires, SRP Racing Pedals, LS Rear Seat Delete and Cross Brace (race red), CoolTech Roll Bar (race red) and Crow Harnesses (with Boss 302 emblem).

Planned Mods: Whiteline UCA, CoolTech Tow Hooks, Peterson Breather Can, McCloud RST Clutch, Maybe a set of Sweet BSS Wheels, 500+ BHP (one way or another).

#1763 Skrapmetal

Skrapmetal

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 57 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:48 PM

Finished up the clutch/shifter upgrade and had to take it out for a drive to break it in. One thing led to another, and we drove halfway across the country. Yeah, that's Mt Rushmore in the background.

Mt%20Rushmore_zpsk2xl7jpl.jpg

Loaded up with two weeks worth of camping gear, the lowered springs had trouble keeping up. Bottomed out on a few hard bumps on the crappy sections of I-90 through South Dakota.

Other than that, it did VERY well on the trip. 2200 miles, averaged over 21mpg. I think I have to attribute some of that to the AED tune maybe... way better than I was expecting.

Will cycle a couple of tanks of 93 through it over the next few weeks, then another round of datalogs for AED to finalize the tune. Once that's done the powertrain mods are done for now. Will be turning back to the suspension again.

I will say that I am debating ditching the Recaros for a set of regular seats. The thigh bolsters were a bit restrictive for 31 hours of driving. We'll see.

• TymeSlayer, Ginger, Rich B. and 1 other like this

Boss%20sig_zpsugaxjrek%201_zps785x14bl.j

#1764 Ginger

Ginger

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 178 posts
  • Region:Other
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss 302
  • Boss 302's Year:2012

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:49 AM

Finished up the clutch/shifter upgrade and had to take it out for a drive to break it in. One thing led to another, and we drove halfway across the country. Yeah, that's Mt Rushmore in the background.

Mt%20Rushmore_zpsk2xl7jpl.jpg

Loaded up with two weeks worth of camping gear, the lowered springs had trouble keeping up. Bottomed out on a few hard bumps on the crappy sections of I-90 through South Dakota.

Other than that, it did VERY well on the trip. 2200 miles, averaged over 21mpg. I think I have to attribute some of that to the AED tune maybe... way better than I was expecting.

Will cycle a couple of tanks of 93 through it over the next few weeks, then another round of datalogs for AED to finalize the tune. Once that's done the powertrain mods are done for now. Will be turning back to the suspension again.

I will say that I am debating ditching the Recaros for a set of regular seats. The thigh bolsters were a bit restrictive for 31 hours of driving. We'll see.

That is very cool. It sounds like your going and have had a great time. Did you go alone besides the Boss?

A lot of owners are afraid to use there Boss as a vehicle. I'm one of them. You my friend are using your Boss to enjoy the car and life.

Please post pictures of your Boss on your Journey. We seem to forget that a car is just a car. I seem to have lost that feeling after passing 55. I guess its because I just cant do what I did at 25..LOL

HAVE A GREAT TIME!

• TymeSlayer and Rich B. like this

#1765 Rich B.

Rich B.

Not another year gone by?

• Northeast Region
  • 3,521 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:59 PM

Have to agree with Ginger as I bought mine just because I could. If I had to use it every day, I don't think so. My Corvette was the same way, only drove it when I wanted too not because I had too. It's just what I always wanted all those years but that's just me.

#1766 BOSSBOY

BOSSBOY

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 72 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 BOSS 302 - 2016 GT350 Track Pack - 2008 Saleen Gurney Eagle - 2007 Shelby GT - 2016 Stingray Vert

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:13 PM

I'll be adding a set of MMD matte black tail lamp bezels this weekend after the car arrives. The tail lights need that '69 look IMHO. I put em on my '08 Gurney Tribute BOSS and they look dynamite! Also did the gloss black versions on the SGT...

My next planned (cosmetic) mod is to replace the faux gas cap with a '69-'70 true gas cap. Upon some initial investigating, it appears it can be done EZ enuf. :cool:

Edit- There's a raised area that the faux cap attaches to, and it appears that the raised area might just be small enough to sit up inside a 'gutted' true '70 cap. :dance:

Did something similar to my 350.

36367823980_f8a8a77c5a_z_d.jpg

36057369262_3a1fd7d867_z_d.jpg

25597712846_512a57bc0a_z_d.jpg

Edited by BOSSBOY, 07 September 2017 - 08:15 PM.

• 302 Hi Pro and Rich B. like this

36698853856_dd49c03257_m_d.jpg

2007 Shelby GT Black #5671

2008 Saleen Gurney Eagle Vista Blue

2012 BOSS 302 Red / White 1 of 156

2016 GT350 Avalanche Grey / Blue Stripe

2016 Stingray Vert Silver / Red Guts  :whistling: 

#1767 Skrapmetal

Skrapmetal

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:09 PM

That is very cool. It sounds like your going and have had a great time. Did you go alone besides the Boss?

A lot of owners are afraid to use there Boss as a vehicle. I'm one of them. You my friend are using your Boss to enjoy the car and life.

Please post pictures of your Boss on your Journey. We seem to forget that a car is just a car. I seem to have lost that feeling after passing 55. I guess its because I just cant do what I did at 25..LOL

HAVE A GREAT TIME!

Sorry, just got around to reading this!

My wife went with me, we were spending time with her family.

The bottoming-out issue is fixed now... I snagged a set of AST 4150 coilovers and went with Hyperco springs (550lbs front,  250lbs  rear). The front is slightly lower than it was with the Steeda  springs and the back is  just a hair higher... car  sits lower overall but has a bit of rake now. The 3" pipes of the Kooks catback  just need a bit more clearance than I was giving them.

So as of the end of this year's Boss season my mod list is:

Kooks 1 3/4" longtube headers

Kooks 3" H pipe with Green cats and side exhaust outlets

Kooks 3" catback

Airaid carbon fiber  intake (no venturi insert)

Tuned by Shaun @ AED

McLeod RXT clutch, lightened steel flywheel, braided clutch line

Exedy slave cylinder

MGW race spec shifter

AST 4150 coilovers, Hyperco 550#/250# springs

Ground Control camber plates

Whiteline adjustable front swaybar end links

BMR adjustable panhard bar

RTR Tech 7 wheels (19x9.5), Continental 285/35/19 ExtremeContact DW tires squared

Minor mods/repairs: Redline hood struts, de-laminated radio screen replaced with tinted acrylic, replaced worn/damaged steering wheel with brand new, snagged OEM floormats for a steal on ebay

It's been productive second year of ownership.

Attached Files

Edited by Skrapmetal, 09 October 2017 - 05:11 PM.

• TymeSlayer likes this

#1768 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 3,035 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4 SuperCrew FX4 - 2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:52 AM

Nice job on the mods. I bet she's running sweet! Got any side views? Would love to see the rake on her. 

What did you do with your worn/damaged steering wheel? 

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Recaro Seats/ Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket / Fire Extinguisher Mount / Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - CoolTech Boss 302 Oil Cooler with T-Stat / 6PT Harness Belts and Clips - Corbeau Harness Bar - Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

Sweet Lorraine - Circa March 2015

#1769 BOSSBOY

BOSSBOY

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 72 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 BOSS 302 - 2016 GT350 Track Pack - 2008 Saleen Gurney Eagle - 2007 Shelby GT - 2016 Stingray Vert

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

I'll be adding a set of MMD matte black tail lamp bezels this weekend after the car arrives. The tail lights need that '69 look IMHO. I put em on my '08 Gurney Tribute BOSS and they look dynamite! Also did the gloss black versions on the SGT...
My next planned (cosmetic) mod is to replace the faux gas cap with a '69-'70 true gas cap. Upon some initial investigating, it appears it can be done EZ enuf. :cool:
Edit- There's a raised area that the faux cap attaches to, and it appears that the raised area might just be small enough to sit up inside a 'gutted' true '70 cap. :dance:
Did something similar to my 350.

36367823980_f8a8a77c5a_z_d.jpg
36057369262_3a1fd7d867_z_d.jpg
25597712846_512a57bc0a_z_d.jpg

Update for me as well:

No taillamp bezels...they went back to AM Muscle. Car doesn't need em with the Race Red paint.
And NO gas cap mod either. I am rather liking the tail end stock. :rockon:
  • Rich B. likes this

36698853856_dd49c03257_m_d.jpg

2007 Shelby GT Black #5671

2008 Saleen Gurney Eagle Vista Blue

2012 BOSS 302 Red / White 1 of 156

2016 GT350 Avalanche Grey / Blue Stripe

2016 Stingray Vert Silver / Red Guts  :whistling: 

#1770 Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:59 AM

Wished they never changed fill locations, the original gas fill cap was ideal. You could pull up to a pump either side, a bit further and fill at rear, no trying to remember which side (now Buick is opposite from Boss). The cap was heavy duty twist lock with lanyard, but somebody was always trying to steal them in Portland lol.

Probably had everything to do with the Pinto fill up locations and gas tank rearender explosions...... No, gas fill the same as our cars today (not in photo). Attached File  image.jpeg   20.17KB   0 downloads https://en.m.wikiped...wiki/Ford_Pinto Haven't seen one of those around for decades now (throw away) but looks as they had a real chromed or nickel plated bumper.

Edited by Rich B., 11 October 2017 - 04:15 AM.

#1771 Skrapmetal

Skrapmetal

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:27 AM

Nice job on the mods. I bet she's running sweet! Got any side views? Would love to see the rake on her. 

What did you do with your worn/damaged steering wheel? 

Put it in the box the new one came in and stuck it in a closet. I cleaned up the alcantara on it and it came back to life, but the aluminum and the factory wrap were damaged. The person who owned it for the first  5k  miles  apparently  wore a lot of  rings  and  used a lot of hand lotion.

Never really decided what  to do with it. Debated getting some vinyl wrap to do something  fancy with it if I ever got  the  urge.  Or I  guess I could sell it.

#1772 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 3,035 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4 SuperCrew FX4 - 2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:03 AM

Reason I asked, is I'm looking for a 2012 steering wheel for a project i'm contemplating. I wouldn't be using it on a car.  A '13 might work as well but I do think they're different because of the controls. Not worried too much about normal wear and tear but wouldn't want anything with cracks or gouges. If you do decide to sell and can send a few pics, I might be interested. 

• Rich B. likes this

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Recaro Seats/ Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket / Fire Extinguisher Mount / Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - CoolTech Boss 302 Oil Cooler with T-Stat / 6PT Harness Belts and Clips - Corbeau Harness Bar - Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

Sweet Lorraine - Circa March 2015

#1773 Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:52 AM

Perfect candidate for the flat bottom steering wheel change. Company requires existing wheel For conversion w/new Alcantra if I recall right...... Could sell to someone wanting this detail, recoup a bit on investment?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·