Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Illinois Boss Owners

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 Deputydog336

Deputydog336

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 139 posts
  • Region:U.S., Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 BOSS 302 SBY

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

Bought my 2013 School Bus Yellow Boss #2055 in June. Live in the Northwest Chicago Suburbs. been to a few local cruise nights so far. I also have Track Attack date in October, can't wait!
2013 SBY Boss #2055
Mods: Rear Boss 302 faux gas cap emblem, MMD hood struts, passenger side JLT Oil Separator, sound tube delete w/ anodized metal cap, removed side pipe restrictor plates, MM caster plates, FRPP adj. panhard bar, FRPP rear LCAs and relo brackets, FRPP P lowering springs, Roush Axle backs, fog light plates, separate wheels and brake pads for the track

Planned Mods: Parnelli Jones Airaid CAI, 84.5mm Throttle body, FRPP brake duct kit, track tires, MRT H pipe maybe?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#62 Mark inj Chicago

Mark inj Chicago

Mark in Chicago

• Great Lakes Region
  • 39 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss Performance White

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

2012 Performance White in Oak Lawn.Brought it in Iowa because the local Ford dealers didn't want be reasonable but knew nothing about the car. I have only seen two others on the road in two years. Have had many nice cars but the Boss is the car 60's super muscle car I couldn't afford then but this is that and more. You will enjoy the track day. They treated us like we were Kings. Bring a guest if you can, they treat them  just as well! If you don't have the Trackey get it!

#63 Deputydog336

Deputydog336

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

I have the Track Key. I just got back from the Boss Track Attack in Utah. best time of my life. I had so much fun and learned a lot too. Instructors were top notch and had a great time. I would love to go back the track and facilities were great too. Man I have a big itch to track my Boss now. Just don't know about continued cost of upkeep..tires and brakes.
2013 SBY Boss #2055
Mods: Rear Boss 302 faux gas cap emblem, MMD hood struts, passenger side JLT Oil Separator, sound tube delete w/ anodized metal cap, removed side pipe restrictor plates, MM caster plates, FRPP adj. panhard bar, FRPP rear LCAs and relo brackets, FRPP P lowering springs, Roush Axle backs, fog light plates, separate wheels and brake pads for the track

Planned Mods: Parnelli Jones Airaid CAI, 84.5mm Throttle body, FRPP brake duct kit, track tires, MRT H pipe maybe?

#64 bossy13

bossy13

Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 1,398 posts
  • Region:U.S., Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302, Race Red
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

DD336,
Were you in the oct 17th (Thurs) BTA?
If so, we were in the same class.
- b13 (Don from SF bay area)

978bfab0-6474-498e-aadb-aa910437be14_zps

Original: 2013 Race Red with TracKey, Recaro Seats, Torsen Diff, and Owners Kit.

Performance Mods: JLT Oil Separator, MGW Shifter, FRPP 84.5 MM TB, Airaid PJ Carbon Fiber Intake, Kooks 1-7/8" Shorty Headers (ceramic coated), Kooks Gen-II Side Pipes, MRT H-pipe, Borla Over-Axle Pipes, GT500 Quad Mufflers (painted black) with Valence, QTEC302 Electric Side-pipe Cutouts,  FRPP SS Clutch Line, FRPP Brake Cooling Kit, GT500 13.8" Rear Brake Upgrade, Vorshlag SS Brake Lines, AE 4" Aluminum DS with BMR safety loop, Shelby transmission scoop.

Suspension Mods: Steeda Boss Lowering Springs, Steeda HD Strut Mounts, Koni Yellow Dampers, Whiteline Panhard Bar with Brace, Whiteline LCAs with Relo Brackets.

Appearance Mods: Sound Tube Delete, Race Red Bumper Plugs, CDC Illuminated 'Boss 302' Sill Plates, RedLine Hood Struts, Blacked-out Hood Vents, MRT Aluminum Rear Louvers, SHR Flush Quarter Louvers (matte black), SHR Custom Fuel Door (matte black with RR '302' lettering), Moroso Coolant Reservoir. Moroso Battery & Brake Fluid Covers, CJPony Boss302 Rally Shift Knob.

Track & Safety Mods: Forgestar CF5 19x10" wheels (square configuration), Hoosier R6 295/35-19 R-compound tires, SRP Racing Pedals, LS Rear Seat Delete and Cross Brace (race red), CoolTech Roll Bar (race red) and Crow Harnesses (with Boss 302 emblem).

Planned Mods: Whiteline UCA, CoolTech Tow Hooks, Peterson Breather Can, McCloud RST Clutch, Maybe a set of Sweet BSS Wheels, 500+ BHP (one way or another).

#65 Deputydog336

Deputydog336

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:48 AM

DD336,Were you in the oct 17th (Thurs) BTA?If so, we were in the same class.- b13 (Don from SF bay area)

Yep I was in the yellow blaze. I had a great time..I saw your shout that said the second day was awesome. Wish I could have stayed. I so want to get my Boss on the track now. Looking into SCCA for PDX days/open track days for next year. Will probably buy a new set of wheels and tires first, better DOT4 brake fluid. I'm starting to look at what others do before tracking it.
2013 SBY Boss #2055

#66 bossy13

bossy13

Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 1,398 posts
  • Region:U.S., Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302, Race Red
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:31 AM

Yep, 2nd day was a lot of fun in the FR500S.

Plus we had more track time than the 1st day. Recommend it if you get the chance.

I'm considering possibly going for the the 3 & 4 day course next year. But at $5K+ it is a lot of coin. We'll see...

Brake pads + .4 fluid, wheels and tires are a good place to start if you want to get more serious about tracking your car.

You should get a lot of good tips from the trackers on this forum.

Take care,

- b13

978bfab0-6474-498e-aadb-aa910437be14_zps

Original: 2013 Race Red with TracKey, Recaro Seats, Torsen Diff, and Owners Kit.

Performance Mods: JLT Oil Separator, MGW Shifter, FRPP 84.5 MM TB, Airaid PJ Carbon Fiber Intake, Kooks 1-7/8" Shorty Headers (ceramic coated), Kooks Gen-II Side Pipes, MRT H-pipe, Borla Over-Axle Pipes, GT500 Quad Mufflers (painted black) with Valence, QTEC302 Electric Side-pipe Cutouts,  FRPP SS Clutch Line, FRPP Brake Cooling Kit, GT500 13.8" Rear Brake Upgrade, Vorshlag SS Brake Lines, AE 4" Aluminum DS with BMR safety loop, Shelby transmission scoop.

Suspension Mods: Steeda Boss Lowering Springs, Steeda HD Strut Mounts, Koni Yellow Dampers, Whiteline Panhard Bar with Brace, Whiteline LCAs with Relo Brackets.

Appearance Mods: Sound Tube Delete, Race Red Bumper Plugs, CDC Illuminated 'Boss 302' Sill Plates, RedLine Hood Struts, Blacked-out Hood Vents, MRT Aluminum Rear Louvers, SHR Flush Quarter Louvers (matte black), SHR Custom Fuel Door (matte black with RR '302' lettering), Moroso Coolant Reservoir. Moroso Battery & Brake Fluid Covers, CJPony Boss302 Rally Shift Knob.

Track & Safety Mods: Forgestar CF5 19x10" wheels (square configuration), Hoosier R6 295/35-19 R-compound tires, SRP Racing Pedals, LS Rear Seat Delete and Cross Brace (race red), CoolTech Roll Bar (race red) and Crow Harnesses (with Boss 302 emblem).

Planned Mods: Whiteline UCA, CoolTech Tow Hooks, Peterson Breather Can, McCloud RST Clutch, Maybe a set of Sweet BSS Wheels, 500+ BHP (one way or another).

#67 Deputydog336

Deputydog336

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:50 PM

Looking to see if anyone knows of a good shop for mods/install help in the Chicago suburbs or if anyone has knowledge and experience. I'm looking at doing some mods to my Boss but have no experience at all working on cars. Although I'm fairly handy cars have not been my thing in the past, other then driving them fast.

Edited by Deputydog336, 07 April 2014 - 09:51 PM.

2013 SBY Boss #2055

#68 TMSBOSS

TMSBOSS

Experienced Boss Owner

• Great Lakes Region
  • 888 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss
  • Boss 302's Year:Decline
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:17 AM

Looking to see if anyone knows of a good shop for mods/install help in the Chicago suburbs or if anyone has knowledge and experience. I'm looking at doing some mods to my Boss but have no experience at all working on cars. Although I'm fairly handy cars have not been my thing in the past, other then driving them fast.

Where are you located?

My brother has a shop in the Burbs.  He is retired(early) from ford dealership.  37 years was enough.  Has his own shop.  Specializes in restomods and performance work.  There is a 4 cam Falcom around which he built.  Don't mess with healthy sounding Falcons.  You will be surprised. 

What mods are you looking to do?

I also do my own work and can assist if you are close by. 

Blackhawk13-40.jpg

#69 Deputydog336

Deputydog336

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:16 AM

TMSBOSS, I'm in Bartlett northwest dupage county. Not looking to do anything crazy yet! I was looking at t springs UCA/LCAs relo brackets, panhard bar etc. I'm also looking at cold air intake, throttle body, axle backs but I can probably do that by myself. I've just never worked on any car mods before so I lack experience and not sure if springs and what not are something I want to mess with.
2013 SBY Boss #2055

#70 TMSBOSS

TMSBOSS

Experienced Boss Owner

• Great Lakes Region
  • 888 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:20 AM

TMSBOSS, I'm in Bartlett northwest dupage county. Not looking to do anything crazy yet! I was looking at t springs UCA/LCAs relo brackets, panhard bar etc. I'm also looking at cold air intake, throttle body, axle backs but I can probably do that by myself. I've just never worked on any car mods before so I lack experience and not sure if springs and what not are something I want to mess with.

Deputy Dog

I have done the suspension mods listed above, not too hard.  I have a shop and the tools to play with.  Spring compressor for the fronts is about all you need besides general mechanics tools.  I have the compressors. 

Brothers has shops in Batavia and Elburn.  He knows ford from old to new.  When Ford had issues with the Boss they had on stage at the Chicago show, they called him.  He fixed the car in 20 minutes.  They send a big check and a big thank you.

I work overseas and will be home in May.  If you can wait, we can tackle the mods listed above probably in a day. 

Blackhawk13-40.jpg

#71 Deputydog336

Deputydog336

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

TMSBOSS, that would be awesome. I would love some help and get to learn at the same time. Let me know when you come home, how long do you get to be home?
2013 SBY Boss #2055

#72 woodbine

woodbine

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 8 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 BOSS 302

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

Live near Frankfort illinois.

#73 Deputydog336

Deputydog336

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:59 AM

Hey Woodbine,

What color Boss do you have? Have you done any Mods or anything? I'm doing stuff slowly just put in a JLT passenger side oil seperator, sound tube delete, and MMD hood struts. Looking to get lowering springs and suspension mods next. I'm interested in getting her on the track for som HPDE track days at some point but probably not this year due to $$$. I would like to get to some shows and events this year for sure.
2013 SBY Boss #2055

#74 yellowstang1

yellowstang1

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 45 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 boss 302

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:00 PM

High guys!   I have a PW 2013 in Lockport IL. I purchased my ride from North Carolina. Drove 21 hours in a blizzard to pick it up. The car has Longtubes, JLT Carbon fiber intake, Oil separator, Tune, adjustable panhard bar, relocation brackets, Ford racing lowering springs, Magnaflow axle back, and a Shelby wing. Iam probably forgetting something.  COMES WITH AGE. lol

I would love to hook up with some of you local guys.

#75 Deputydog336

Deputydog336

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:55 PM

High guys!   I have a PW 2013 in Lockport IL. I purchased my ride from North Carolina. Drove 21 hours in a blizzard to pick it up. The car has Longtubes, JLT Carbon fiber intake, Oil separator, Tune, adjustable panhard bar, relocation brackets, Ford racing lowering springs, Magnaflow axle back, and a Shelby wing. Iam probably forgetting something.  COMES WITH AGE. lol
I would love to hook up with some of you local guys.

Nice yellowstang! Did you do the mods or buy the car with them? If this weather gets better I'm hoping to get her out more. We will have to see if we can meet up.
2013 SBY Boss #2055

#76 TMSBOSS

TMSBOSS

Experienced Boss Owner

• Great Lakes Region
  • 888 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:34 AM

There is a track day at Blavkhawk Farms on the 14th.

Good place to link up.

Free to spectators.

Blackhawk13-40.jpg

#77 yellowstang1

yellowstang1

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 45 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 boss 302

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:30 PM

Where is blackhawk farm?

#78 TMSBOSS

TMSBOSS

Experienced Boss Owner

• Great Lakes Region
  • 888 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:21 AM

South Beloit. North of Rockford and just south of Wisconsin border

http://www.blackhawkfarms.com

Blackhawk Farms is a 1.95 mile, 7 turn private circuit racetrack located in South Beloit, Illinois on 216 acres. The track is on the border between Wisconsin and Illinois, within 90 miles of 2 major metropolitan areas; Chicago and Milwaukee and minutes from interstate 90.

Blackhawk13-40.jpg

#79 Medicman

Medicman

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 11 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Mustang
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

Hi all, new Boss owner here from Joliet area. 13 SBY, all original no mods.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·