Custom Search

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Boss 302 Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Boss 302 Transmission The Chinese Blunder

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Ray753

Ray753

New Boss 302 Member

• Northeast Region
  • 3 posts
  • My Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 SBY BOSS 302
  • Interests:things that go

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

Really wanting to buy a 2013 BOSS 302. The Transmission issues I have read about have  me quite concerned, I spoke with the Ford Dealer sales and service.....naturally they were completely unaware of any issues  :talkhand: Not looking to track the car however will defiantly be driving it with lots of enthusiasm :peelout: . Tried to find out if the tranny fluid has been changed from the original spec to the newly recommended fluid or if the assit spring is still in place on the 2013. From my research many Mustang owners have had numerous transmissions replaced or rebuilt only to have the same problem.   Has this issue been resolved in the 2013 BOSS 302s? Has anyone here experienced these issues with a 2013 or other. Its really disappointing to think Ford finally put a car like this together and got it wrong.... and doesn't  care enough to make it right.

Any advise would be appreciated    

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#2 LSECO

LSECO

LSECO

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 2,128 posts
  • My Region:U.S., Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss 302 L S # 482 blk/red
  • Interests:LOTS of Speed and LOTS of Relaxation
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

You don't really want a Boss do you??   To be a happy camper like most of us? Come on now. Don't be a worry wart, test drive, and decide for yourself. You might consider going w/ the Tremec if you are that hard on a transmision. This from a VERY happy '12 LS owner w/ a STRONG Chinese Tranni. Not all Chinese girls are awesome, but sometimes you get lucky.

Being the first year of the NEW Boss, and this is the UBER, Laguna Seca edition at that, Ford took extra care in assembly of this FLAGSHIP / DEBUT model. Which translates to one BAD -ASS car. THAT HAS NEVER HAD AN ISSUE.  :victory:   BONE STOCK - STOCK AS A ROCK...'cus it's under warranty !! TRACKEY, basically just cosmetics, GT 500 spoiler w/ taller C.F.Gurney flap,  Sportlines, Flowmaster Hushpower axlebacks, short/stub side exhaust replacements, custom, lightweight squared 19X10 wheels , Whiteline trans mount bushing, Energy Dynamics urethane rear shift assembly mount. All LS take - off parts are packaged up.  Being away from my Boss  is "For the birds"    :waiting:       "http://i766.photobuc...zps00f5ec06.jpg"   :camera:  "http://i766.photobuc............GOOGLE my vid at janerinsurance.com/r8 for a relaxing canyon run.......... There is no such thing as a "REGULAR" Boss !!   :rockon:                                    

#3 Fat Boss

Fat Boss

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 340 posts
  • My Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Race Red Boss 302
  • Interests:Fords

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

I agree with El Seco.  Test drive one.  You'll know if there is a problem.  ALL the new ones are tight and the syncro's, shifter, etc needs to break in, but a bad trans seems to be apparent from the get go.  Mine was build in May 2011 and is perfect after 25,000 miles.

2014 Sterling Gray Fusion Energi Titanium - Plug In Hybrid   :redcard:  :drop:

2012 Race Red Boss 302 # 3041 - BMR, Koni, H&R, M&M, CoolTech Bar and Harnesses

2012 Race Red Boss 302 # 733 RIP - Gave up the ghost at Spring Mtn, sold at auction in June '13, PM me if you bought it I have the owner's package

1999 Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4 444 CI Turbo Diesel 6 Speed Manual, original owner with 300,000 miles

1995 Mustang GT sold to get 1999 SD

1981 Ford Pathfinder Quadravan 4x4 Van 351W bucket list item but sold to avoid enormous money pit (pats self on back)

1964 Falcon convertible 289 Toploader 9" 4 wheel discs, moms cousin bought new, dad bought it from him in '83, still have and sink $ into

#4 Dvendet

Dvendet

Boss Doctor

• Southeast Region
  • 875 posts
  • My Region:Other
  • Current Vehicle:Boss Laguna Seca
  • Interests:Engineering, cars, golf, racing

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

Haven't had any problems whatsoever with the trans on my 13 LS. It appears to me that most of the problems Boss owners have had were with the early 12's from everything I have read. I actually have had more problems with my iPad than my Boss. Pretty reliable automobile so far. I wish my iPad was as reliable as my Boss. dvendet
b2ddae40f7fe020c4d0cf1e20150bec7_zps2a00

#5 domesticpower

domesticpower

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 125 posts
  • My Region:Canada, Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Mustang Boss 302

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

I have a '12 and no problems with the transmission. It sometimes feels notchy but that's about the only thing I can complain about.

'12 Mustang Boss 302
TracKey
Open side-exit pipes
UPR Catch Can
Ford Racing Torsen Diff (OEM spec)
Fays2 Watt's Link
Tires: F/R 285/35/18 Continental ExtremeContact DW's
Wheels: F/R 18"x9.5" TSW Nurburgring's
GT500 Spoiler

TheRamsEyeLogosig_zps9d82bc16.png

#6 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 1,277 posts
  • My Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 - 2008 Mercury Mountaineer Premier
  • Interests:Baseball,Golf, Mustangs, Physiognomy and Woodworking
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Really wanting to buy a 2013 BOSS 302. The Transmission issues I have read about have  me quite concerned, I spoke with the Ford Dealer sales and service.....naturally they were completely unaware of any issues  :talkhand: Not looking to track the car however will defiantly be driving it with lots of enthusiasm :peelout: . Tried to find out if the tranny fluid has been changed from the original spec to the newly recommended fluid or if the assit spring is still in place on the 2013. From my research many Mustang owners have had numerous transmissions replaced or rebuilt only to have the same problem.   Has this issue been resolved in the 2013 BOSS 302s? Has anyone here experienced these issues with a 2013 or other. Its really disappointing to think Ford finally put a car like this together and got it wrong.... and doesn't  care enough to make it right.

Any advise would be appreciated    

Go buy a Camaro dude, for you sir... are not worthy.  :finger:

Edited by TymeSlayer, 02 February 2013 - 03:54 PM.

• Rich B. likes this

2012Boss302Mustang559_zpsfebb68ff.jpg

2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 - #2900

Ordered: 3/23/2011 - Build Date: 12/5/2011 - Delivered 12/21/2011

TracKey - MGW Shifter/Heat Shield - JLT Oil Separator - FRPP Front Brake Cooling Duct Kit - FRPP  Clutch Line Upgrade                            

Borla ATAK A/B -  DSS 1 piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid CAI With Parnelli Jones Carbon Fiber Inlet Tub &  Modular Venturi Tube

Shelby Transmission Cooler Scoop - Whiteline Gearbox Insert Bushing - FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body - Moroso Coolant Overflow Tank

FRPP Lowering T-Springs - BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop - BMR LCAs & Adjustable Relo Brackets - BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar

Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Forgestar CF5V - DBA T3 / 4000 Series Rotors - Hawk HP Ceramic Pads - Goodridge SS Brake Lines                                                                                 

#7 Boss3154

Boss3154

New Boss 302 Member

• Northeast Region
  • 129 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302
  • Interests:Musclecars..........MotoGp...Air Jordan's ...

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

I own a 13 boss.. Trans is perfect.. Maybe this will ease your mind ray753.. I have a friend who has more money than I'll ever see in my life . He has a 13 boss LS.. When he saw mine he bought his 2days later .. Anyway he beats the crap out of all his cars.. Doesn't matter if he's driving his lambo or Bentley .. He has about 17000 hard miles on it now I believe..he don't use the car on the street.. The miles are all from 1/4 mile racing an track days.. He hasnt touched the trans!! just changed his oil regularly ...The trans still shifts perfect...so if I were you I'd be picking my color of my boss instead of worrying about the trans.. Unless you want a camaro..Just dont get pissed when you come across a boss 302 ... An your pushing that pedal to the floor an your still 10 lengths behind!! !!...BOSS3154
13 boss 302. #3154.Perf white ...Torson..Recaros.. Track key installed... Kooks side exhaust...JLT oil separators..Sound Tube Delete. MGW shifter..MagnaFlow Competition Axle backs... Roush side splitters... Boss302S front grill..painted radiator cover with boss stripe .. painted strut brace with boss stripe..For Now...?!

#8 Yankee-eight

Yankee-eight

New Boss 302 Member

• Southeast Region
  • 148 posts
  • My Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss 302
  • Interests:Winning hearts and minds...

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

The trans has some quirks but once you get used to it i.e. shifting lightly when its cold so its not notchy, its fine. The trans gearing is perfect for the roadrunner. Once it warms up with the royal purple fluid it shifts smoother then my t56 in my camaro.
  • KeavDog likes this
ELJEFESIG.jpg

MODS: AED 93/E85 tune/ JBA 1 7/8 longtubes/ JBA 3inch X pipe/ Pypes full 3" catback/ Airraid CAI/ JLT oil sep/Eibach Sportlines/AMR 18"/ GT500 Spoiler/ 100 dry shot/ etc..

#9 Ray753

Ray753

New Boss 302 Member

• Northeast Region
  • 3 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 SBY BOSS 302
  • Interests:things that go

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:07 AM

Thanks for all the info everyone. Im thinking School Bus Yellow!  I hope I didn't offend you with my concerns TymeSlayer .  

#10 LSECO

LSECO

LSECO

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 2,128 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:09 AM

Thanks for all the info everyone. Im thinking School Bus Yellow!  I hope I didn't offend you with my concerns TymeSlayer .  

And the rest of us happy Bossowners a little bit too. But there is no denying some MT82 s were less than satisfactory. Your concerns are very valid. What a nitemare it would be to have such a nice car,and that won't perform as advertised.

Being the first year of the NEW Boss, and this is the UBER, Laguna Seca edition at that, Ford took extra care in assembly of this FLAGSHIP / DEBUT model. Which translates to one BAD -ASS car. THAT HAS NEVER HAD AN ISSUE.  :victory:   BONE STOCK - STOCK AS A ROCK...'cus it's under warranty !! TRACKEY, basically just cosmetics, GT 500 spoiler w/ taller C.F.Gurney flap,  Sportlines, Flowmaster Hushpower axlebacks, short/stub side exhaust replacements, custom, lightweight squared 19X10 wheels , Whiteline trans mount bushing, Energy Dynamics urethane rear shift assembly mount. All LS take - off parts are packaged up.  Being away from my Boss  is "For the birds"    :waiting:       "http://i766.photobuc...zps00f5ec06.jpg"   :camera:  "http://i766.photobuc............GOOGLE my vid at janerinsurance.com/r8 for a relaxing canyon run.......... There is no such thing as a "REGULAR" Boss !!   :rockon:                                    

#11 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 1,277 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 - 2008 Mercury Mountaineer Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:48 AM

No offense meant. 

I'm just leery of a fox in sheep's clothing. 

Sometymes I sense a troll where there are none. If I am wrong, please accept my sincere apology. 

TracKey - MGW Shifter/Heat Shield - JLT Oil Separator - FRPP Front Brake Cooling Duct Kit - FRPP  Clutch Line Upgrade                            

Borla ATAK A/B -  DSS 1 piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid CAI With Parnelli Jones Carbon Fiber Inlet Tub &  Modular Venturi Tube

Shelby Transmission Cooler Scoop - Whiteline Gearbox Insert Bushing - FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body - Moroso Coolant Overflow Tank

FRPP Lowering T-Springs - BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop - BMR LCAs & Adjustable Relo Brackets - BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar

Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Forgestar CF5V - DBA T3 / 4000 Series Rotors - Hawk HP Ceramic Pads - Goodridge SS Brake Lines                                                                                 

#12 LSECO

LSECO

LSECO

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 2,128 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

Now the ' fella who complained about his sidepipes blowing off, and then stated he liked it that way - now, he might just be a troll !  Git er done !!

• TymeSlayer and Rich B. like this

#13 dabossinne

dabossinne

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 360 posts
  • My Region:U.S., Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302, School Bus Yellow
  • Interests:Cars, hunting

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

The Getrag MT82 trans problems you may have read about are overblown, IMO. The MT82 got a bad rep from some early 2011 Mustang GT cars that came through with bad transmissions. Since the MT82 is made in China, and people love to hate and flame on anything Chinese-made, the bad rap was cemented from there, fairly or unfairly.

Some early production 2012 Bosses apparently had some trans sifting issues which Ford "fixed" by making a running production change to the trans fluid they use for all subsequent cars, including 2013s. As others here have said, the Boss trans is plenty durable and the gear ratio spacing is  spot-on perfect for the Boss 302 motor. The shifting is a bit notchy when the trans is cold, but smooths out considerably once the trans fluid has warmed up.

The biggest knock is the shifter itself, which can occasionally have a shifter lock out problem when upshifting from 2nd to 3rd under full acceleration at high RPM. It's like the shifter "hangs up" and won't go into 3rd gear. It's an intermittent problem... not everybody has it, and not all the time... with the proximate cause(s) being either or a combination of a)weak/flexible rear shifter isolation bushing mount, b)trans and engine mounts that allow too much engine/trans flex, and c)clutch pressure plate not fully disengaging on clutch pedal depression (which it has been speculated is either caused by a)bad Turkish-made pressure plates, too-small dia. clutch hydraulic line, or c)clutch pedal helper spring that inhibits clutch pedal return).

Also, the shifter "gates" are very closely spaced side-to-side, and because of the MT82 syncro design it cannot be "speed shifted" or banged into gear when shifting like we did with our old Toploaders and Muncies. They need to be shifted deliberately and smoothly. Some owners may not realize this and this could also be a part of the problem.

Whatever the actual reason(s), there are fairly simple and relatively inexpensive fixes for all of these issues. Basically, though, the Boss is absolutely fantastic as it is and really needs nothing to be fully enjoyed. Ford absolutely did NOT get it wrong on this car. In fact, they hit it out of the ballpark.

Edited by dabossinne, 03 February 2013 - 08:18 AM.

• TymeSlayer likes this

2013 Boss 302 #0837
- SBY, Recaros / Torsen diff, cover / mats
- Trackey

- Steeda Boss lowering springs

- Dynomax UltraFlo axle backs

- Forgestar 18x10 textured gunmetal finish wheels

- Hoosier R6 295/40-18 tires

- Rod End Supply custom adjustable panhard bar w/ Ingalls relo bracket

- Ingalls camber bolts
- FRPP brake duct kit

- Dynotech aluminum one piece DS

- Stiffler DS safety loop
- Barton shifter bushing/bracket
- JLT oil separator
- 3M clear guard mask (partial)
- Sound tube delete

Coming soon: Steeda Boss lowering srings, Ingalls engineering camber bolts, Pagid race pads w/ titanium backing shims, braided SS brake lines

Eventually: Camber plates, Kooks intermediate length SS headers, catted H-pipe & mid-pipes, DBA slotted brake rotors

#14 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• Northeast Region
  • 1,825 posts
  • Interests:Competition Boss 302's, Racing, Performance Updates

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

The Getrag MT82 trans problems you may have read about are overblown, IMO. The MT82 got a bad rep from some early 2011 Mustang GT cars that came through with bad transmissions. Since the MT82 is made in China, and people love to hate and flame on anything Chinese-made, the bad rap was cemented from there, fairly or unfairly.

Some early production 2012 Bosses apparently had some trans sifting issues which Ford "fixed" by making a running production change to the trans fluid they use for all subsequent cars, including 2013s. As others here have said, the Boss trans is plenty durable and the gear ratio spacing is  spot-on perfect for the Boss 302 motor. The shifting is a bit notchy when the trans is cold, but smooths out considerably once the trans fluid has warmed up.

The biggest knock is the shifter itself, which can occasionally have a shifter lock out problem when upshifting from 2nd to 3rd under full acceleration at high RPM. It's like the shifter "hangs up" and won't go into 3rd gear. It's an intermittent problem... not everybody has it, and not all the time... with the proximate cause(s) being either or a combination of a)weak/flexible rear shifter isolation bushing mount, b)trans and engine mounts that allow too much engine/trans flex, and c)clutch pressure plate not fully disengaging on clutch pedal depression (which it has been speculated is either caused by a)bad Turkish-made pressure plates, too-small dia. clutch hydraulic line, or c)clutch pedal helper spring that inhibits clutch pedal return).

Also, the shifter "gates" are very closely spaced side-to-side, and because of the MT82 syncro design it cannot be "speed shifted" or banged into gear when shifting like we did with our old Toploaders and Muncies. They need to be shifted deliberately and smoothly. Some owners may not realize this and this could also be a part of the problem.

Whatever the actual reason(s), there are fairly simple and relatively inexpensive fixes for all of these issues. Basically, though, the Boss is absolutely fantastic as it is and really needs nothing to be fully enjoyed. Ford absolutely did NOT get it wrong on this car. In fact, they hit it out of the ballpark.

I have had more experience with this issue than most Boss 302 owners, as my MT-82 benched on two different occasions for Warranty Repairs by my Ford Dealer.  However the cause of failure in both cases was not resultant from any internal failure of the MT-82, it involved external items.  1. Vent-tube valve failure, oil leak and, 2. Clutch Noise, faulty pressure plate.  Needless to say, I have a lot of shop time in dealing with shifting issues of the MT-82.  I have inspected and tested in some cases components that can affect shifting.  You see, I have experienced many of the issues that are discussed in this Forum.  I have experienced the Dead Clutch Pedal, (that will make you red in the face!).  I have experienced a clunk sound but mostly "feel" when shifting to second and third gears and I have experienced the 1-2 shift lock out condition on WOT shifts.  Let me tell you when this happens to you, it is a major disappointment.  

However when it comes to internal failures, there are very few cases of this for the 2012's and to my knowledge even fewer for the 2013's.  I think DaBossinne said it very well in his post that I have quoted, (see above).  From what I have read, most issues were from early 2011 applications and Ford worked to make several production run changes to improve the MT-82, and more than the oil specification change.  There is a post in this forum from our man in Denver that list several production changes made by Ford.  End result, the MT-82 is a Darn Good Transmission now and in my opinion the gear ratio selection is just right for the Boss 302 application, 

Now with that said, I also have to tell you that I am a person who believes in "Product Improvements" and "Product Upgrades" and I have done the following to address what I thought would improve the conditions I experienced and listed in paragraph one:  1. Replaced the shifter, I used an MGW unit because I wanted to replace both the upper and lower shifter assemblies and rear lower shift box support.  Note: I have the competition version so slight increase in NVH.  2. Removed the Assist Spring, I like the pedal feel, it is very positive with out the assist spring and I thought if Shelby does it, there must be a reason. 3. Dealer performed the Trans Fluid TSB, This helped a lot with cold shifting and 4. Replaced the 3 piece plastic clutch fluid line with a One piece FRPP stainless steel line.  No more expansion issues with the plastic and I can tell you from inspection that the line is restricted by the aluminum fitting pressed into the transmission side of the plastic line.  This provided positive clutch T/O Bearing engagement and disengagement, also improved the shift effort and further reduced the nochy feel when cold.  (I drove this car to work in the morning at 52 degrees, then it was 36 degrees on my way home and the transmission was smooth after the first 1/2 to one mile of operation,  This is with a 30-45 second warm up of the engine in the parking lot.  Back to the stock clutch line, It's plastic! need we say more?

Now why did I highlight the above quote?  

Because you can speed shift and BANG the crap out of each and every gear.  The MT-82 as fitted with the above "Up-grades" is an awesome transmission to shift.  It is also SMOOTH as silk shifting in to all gears once warm, and by that I mean after the first 1/2 - 1 mile of driving even in 30 something degree weather.  I have said this before, my favorite gear is the 2-3 shift.  Why?  Keep your eyes on the tach and shift at 7,000 rpm, under WOT, by the time you do it, it's 7,200 RPM, (or so) but you just stabbed the pedal with your left foot, and you just JAMMED the SHIFT BALL in the GENERAL DIRECTION of the RADIO and BOOM you hit third gear, (you will HIT third gear every single time, you will never miss with the above set up) and you are laying down rubber in your THIRD GEAR SPEED SHIFT!  It is just amazing.

Now, I know that is a lot of TYPE (talk), so when it gets warm, I will run a video of a hard launch, and shifts first through third gear.  Also, I plan on being at Carlisle PA this year for the Ford Nationals and I would be happy to make a few test runs with a guest, the Boss with this set up is just that good.  

So all in all, the MT-82 transmission is a good transmission, it just needed a few "supporting" upgrades!   Have fun out there and if you are a Boss 302 owner, worry about something else, because you only have to worry about our transmissions if you are running 853 HP and then you will only snap the input shaft.  (By the way did you notice after two input shaft fatigue failures, there was no complaint of busting up or stripping first or second gears in the MT-82?  Think about that.)

Oh well I have said my piece, sorry if I ramble on about our cars, All the Best to each of you, 302 HI Pro

Here she is on her way back in

photobucket-2051-1356328875107.jpg

Edited by 302 Hi Pro, 03 February 2013 - 02:21 PM.

• TymeSlayer, dabossinne and Rich B. like this
DSC_0526_zpsbd967969.jpg

2012 KB 500A Boss 302 - Production Number 2800. Special Ordered Options, Recaro Sport Seats & 3.73:1 Torsen Differential.

Ford Racing Performance Parts, (FRPP), UpGrades & Aftermarket Modifications. | Engine: FRPP 84.5MM TB, Boss 302S Crankcase Ventilation System, TracKey, Sound Tube Delete Billet Aluminum Cap, FRPP High Flow K&N Drop In Air Filter. | Transmission - Drivetrain: AE 4.0" Aluminum DS, MGW Competition Spec Shifter & Heat Shield, GT500 Clutch Pedal Box, FRPP High Flow Stainless Clutch Fluid Line, FRPP Trans Cooler Scoop. | Exhaust: Magna Flow Street/Comp 3.0" Stainless Cat-Back Boss 302 X-Pipe System, Open Boss Side Pipes & Lowered Tips. | Suspension: FRPP "T" Boss 302 Spec Springs, Kenny Brown GT4 Roll Center Relocation Kit, KB Street/Comp LCA's, KB LCA Relocation Brackets, KB UCA & 1/4" Body Mount. | Brakes: FRPP Boss 302 Cooling Duct Kit. | Body: FRPP Boss 302S Grill, FRPP GT500 Rear Spoiler & Serviceable Gurney Strip, 3M Window Tint, (35/20), OEM Boss 302 Floor Mats & Boss 302 Car Cover, Pioneer TS-D6802R Speaker System, MonoChromatic Rear View Mirror, (Auto Dim, Home Link & Compass).

#15 Dvendet

Dvendet

Boss Doctor

• Southeast Region
  • 875 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Boss Laguna Seca
  • Interests:Engineering, cars, golf, racing

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

2HP Wow! That's quite an endorsement. After going through what you describe that's saying something. Hope all is is now well with your Boss. Seems like this thread may have touched a nerve. dvendet
b2ddae40f7fe020c4d0cf1e20150bec7_zps2a00

#16 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• Northeast Region
  • 1,825 posts
  • Interests:Competition Boss 302's, Racing, Performance Updates

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

2HP Wow! That's quite an endorsement. After going through what you describe that's saying something. Hope all is is now well with your Boss. Seems like this thread may have touched a nerve. dvendet

I have been there Brother!  2HP

DSC_0526_zpsbd967969.jpg

2012 KB 500A Boss 302 - Production Number 2800. Special Ordered Options, Recaro Sport Seats & 3.73:1 Torsen Differential.

Ford Racing Performance Parts, (FRPP), UpGrades & Aftermarket Modifications. | Engine: FRPP 84.5MM TB, Boss 302S Crankcase Ventilation System, TracKey, Sound Tube Delete Billet Aluminum Cap, FRPP High Flow K&N Drop In Air Filter. | Transmission - Drivetrain: AE 4.0" Aluminum DS, MGW Competition Spec Shifter & Heat Shield, GT500 Clutch Pedal Box, FRPP High Flow Stainless Clutch Fluid Line, FRPP Trans Cooler Scoop. | Exhaust: Magna Flow Street/Comp 3.0" Stainless Cat-Back Boss 302 X-Pipe System, Open Boss Side Pipes & Lowered Tips. | Suspension: FRPP "T" Boss 302 Spec Springs, Kenny Brown GT4 Roll Center Relocation Kit, KB Street/Comp LCA's, KB LCA Relocation Brackets, KB UCA & 1/4" Body Mount. | Brakes: FRPP Boss 302 Cooling Duct Kit. | Body: FRPP Boss 302S Grill, FRPP GT500 Rear Spoiler & Serviceable Gurney Strip, 3M Window Tint, (35/20), OEM Boss 302 Floor Mats & Boss 302 Car Cover, Pioneer TS-D6802R Speaker System, MonoChromatic Rear View Mirror, (Auto Dim, Home Link & Compass).

#17 Sammykjr1

Sammykjr1

Official Redneck

• Southeast Region
  • 399 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302 Grabber Blue
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

So far, the only issue I've had is from 2-3 when cold. Even then it is just a little clunk. Cold meaning the trans. not the weather. Have done many 7k shifts after she was warmed up. No lockouts, no grinding. #2008 2013 so I'm guessing they paid attention.

SAM_0093_zpsa92593d4.jpg

#18 Rich B.

Rich B.

What could possibly be next??

• Northeast Region
  • 2,098 posts
  • Current Vehicle:20!3 Boss 302
  • Interests:Learning what others have to say about these cars.. At this point simply trying to keep car in one piece (always taking things apart) and have at the ready as an occasional driver.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

Don't underestimate the Chineese, we all have thoughts about China and Japan from the 50's. Japan even had a town named USA. A word not 3 letters, that way people would see USA and think product was from U.S.A. Their technology has been the cutting edge in many fields. Not pro-overseas when it comes to being made here in USA (not Japan) but they're not exactly stupid (maybe N. Korea?) over there. Rich......

#19 LSECO

LSECO

LSECO

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 2,128 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:13 AM

They sure can make good copies...sometimes.

• Rich B. likes this

#20 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 1,277 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

LSECO,

Whatever you do, don't feed that great pup of yours any Chinese Dog Food.

Kirk

• 302 Hi Pro and Rich B. like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users