Custom Search

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Boss 302 Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Music on Flash Drive

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 65sohc

65sohc

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 638 posts
  • My Region:U.S., Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302
  • Interests:cars, health, fitness

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

I have dozens of CD's  I'd like to put on a flash drive to play through the USB port. So I went through the process of converting them to mp3 and synching them onto the flash drive only to discover that Sync won't play them because they are protected. I say I'd "like" to transfer them to a flash drive, but not enough to spend $20-30 for the privilege.  Is anyone aware of a truly free DRM removal program for Windows? All the freeware I found on Google was bogus.

2103 Race Red,  BMR springs, LCA's and relo brackets, Dynotech aluminum DS

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#2 Sammykjr1

Sammykjr1

Official Redneck

• Southeast Region
  • 409 posts
  • My Region:Other
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302 Grabber Blue
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

Quick question.  Were any of these from iTunes, or did you rip them directly from the CD?  If you did, you can try not using media player to convert them.  Or, make sure you are offline when you rip them.  For some reason, if you're offline they can't get the album/artist data and you can transfer them.  I would try that first.  I use a 1.5TB drive for my music (I have over 2400 CDs).  I found that once you're online they get all assy about it, even though you paid for the rights to listen to the song as long as you don't sell it.

Let me know if you find something different!

Sam

SAM_0093_zpsa92593d4.jpg

#3 Rich B.

Rich B.

What could possibly be next??

• Northeast Region
  • 2,340 posts
  • My Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:20!3 Boss 302
  • Interests:Learning what others have to say about these cars.. At this point simply trying to keep car in one piece (always taking things apart) and have at the ready as an occasional driver.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:55 AM

Have gone through iPod and that works well with it off even. Use steering wheel control over voice modulation. Flash drive is a good idea, wouldn't have to tie up iPod then. I- tunes is pissy these days on things, use to go through Lime Wire for free but the only thing that remains a constant these day's is that everything changes.

Think myself DVD's and CD's will go to the wayside like VCR's. Streaming and alternate methods eliminate the clutter (have lots of clutter). Suppose to of gone to 3" discs awhile back? Wouldn't be surprised to see all movies and music on drives in near future, maybe in my time even? Still watch my VCR's on occasion, players are getting scarce in the stores.

Possibly would be able to use DVD to put tunes on which can hold many more than CD format, a whole bunch. Wife is really good on computers, she can build and repair them so areas like that can usually come up with something. Not me, but certainly know enough how to crash one.

Edited by Rich B., 14 March 2013 - 06:13 AM.

#4 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 1,528 posts
  • My Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 - 2008 Mercury Mountaineer Premier
  • Interests:Baseball,Golf, Mustangs, Physiognomy and Woodworking
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

SD or MicroSD cards are the way to go. I've seen them up to 256GB but realistically, a nice 32 GB card will store more than enough music for most folks. The Pioneer head unit I put in my 2012 had a SD slot and works perfectly without any added clutter. 

• back in black, Rich B. and A_Vargas like this

2012Boss302Mustang559_zpsfebb68ff.jpg

2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 - #2900

Ordered: 3/23/2011 - Build Date: 12/5/2011 - Delivered 12/21/2011

TracKey - JLT Oil Separator -Moroso Coolant Overflow Tank - MGW Shifter/Heat Shield -  FRPP Clutch Line Upgrade - Shelby Transmission Cooling Scoop                            

Driveshaft Shop 3-1/2 1 Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Whiteline Gearbox Insert Bushing - BMR Front Driveshaft Safety Loop

BMR LCAs & Adjustable Relo Brackets - BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar - FRPP Lowering T-Springs  - FRPP Rear Pedestal Spoiler  

Koni Sport Yellows Struts and Shocks - Maximum Motorsport Caster Camber Plates - Center Jacking Plates

Airaid CAI With Parnelli Jones Carbon Fiber Inlet Tub &  Modular Venturi Tube - FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body - Borla ATAK Axlebacks

Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Forgestar CF5V 19x9 and 19x10 - DBA T3 / 4000 Series Rotors 

FRPP Front Brake Cooling Duct Kit - Hawk HP Ceramic Pads - Goodridge SS Brake Lines - Thermo-Tec Battery Heat Barrier Kit

Roush 7 Billet Grille - Blowfish Racing Lower Front Grille and Tow Hook - Blowfish Shifter Support Bracket

#5 dabossinne

dabossinne

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 379 posts
  • My Region:U.S., Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302, School Bus Yellow
  • Interests:Cars, hunting

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

IMO the best long term solution is to pony up for an iPod or smart phone (iPhone or Android), and transfer all your music to that device (via iTunes for Apple devices). Then you can sync the device to the car via Bluetooth or USB and play your music library no problem. Sure, costs more to go this route, but as with everything you get what you pay for.

Edited by dabossinne, 14 March 2013 - 09:34 AM.

• Rich B. likes this

2013 Boss 302 #0837
- SBY, Recaros / Torsen diff, cover / mats
- Trackey

- Steeda Boss lowering springs

- Dynomax UltraFlo axle backs

- Forgestar F14 18x10 textured gunmetal finish wheels

- Hoosier R6 295/40-18 tires

- Pagid RST2/RS56 pads

- DBA 4000 slotted rotors

- Rod End Supply custom adjustable panhard bar w/ Ingalls relo bracket

- Ingalls camber bolts
- FRPP brake duct kit

- Dynotech aluminum one piece DS

- Stiffler DS safety loop
- Barton shifter bushing/bracket
- JLT oil separator
- 3M clear guard mask (partial)
- Sound tube delete

Wish list: Vorshlag camber plates, Kooks intermediate length SS headers, catted H-pipe & mid-pipes, Setrab 934 oil cooler setup, 12 qt RR oil pan, Girodisc rotors, Koni Yellows, 4" brake duct upgrade

#6 Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 2,340 posts
  • Interests:Learning what others have to say about these cars.. At this point simply trying to keep car in one piece (always taking things apart) and have at the ready as an occasional driver.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

SD or MicroSD cards are the way to go. I've seen them up to 256GB but realistically, a nice 32 GB card will store more than enough music for most folks. The Pioneer head unit I put in my 2012 had a SD slot and works perfectly without any added clutter. 

Those will hold a lot. Have a game camera and get thousands of pictures and they're never filled up before I have to change battery and swap cards.

#7 65sohc

65sohc

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 638 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

OK. I do have an iPhone, so I just spent the last few hours importing 510 songs from CD's into iTunes. I try it in my car and Sync lady says "current selection not playable." Do I need to convert them to a different format? 

#8 65sohc

65sohc

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 638 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

Never mind. I tried it again and it works perfectly. What an amazing improvement in audio quality over Pandora and Slacker! I had been disappointed with the Pioneer speakers I put in my doors but now realize it was because all I ever listened to was streaming music. 

• TymeSlayer, 2013bossgrabberblue and Rich B. like this

#9 Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

O.K., flash drive works beautiful. The few that've done it don't say how though. First all your music has to be in an MP-3 format and put it in folders to install in drive. Next plug the drive into USB port. It won't work until you go to media in the radio menu and match the device to the radio input. It's all done through the radio Sync.

Sounds really good but need a USB Male A to USB Female A about a 1' extension so drive lies flat in bottom of tray. Otherwise it's apt to get damaged when reaching in there for something. Have an iPod also but this stays in the car permanently.

Worked for me and thanks on the ideas....

Edited by Rich B., 30 March 2013 - 09:37 AM.

• 2013bossgrabberblue likes this

#10 LSECO

LSECO

LSECO

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 2,272 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss 302 L S # 482 blk/red
  • Interests:LOTS of Speed and LOTS of Relaxation
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

"BAAAD GIRL" by the New York Dolls !!! Can you handle it ??

Being the first year of the NEW Boss, and this is the UBER, Laguna Seca edition at that, Ford took extra care in assembly of this FLAGSHIP / DEBUT model. Which translates to one BAD -ASS car. THAT HAS NEVER HAD AN ISSUE.  :victory:   BONE STOCK - STOCK AS A ROCK...'cus it's under warranty !! TRACKEY, basically just cosmetics, GT 500 spoiler w/ taller C.F.Gurney flap,  Sportlines, Flowmaster Hushpower axlebacks, short/stub side exhaust replacements, custom, lightweight squared 19X10 wheels , Whiteline trans mount bushing, Energy Dynamics urethane rear shift assembly mount. All LS take - off parts are packaged up.  Being away from my Boss  is "For the birds"    :waiting:       "http://i766.photobuc...zps00f5ec06.jpg"   :camera:  "http://i766.photobuc............GOOGLE my vid at janerinsurance.com/r8 for a relaxing canyon run.......... There is no such thing as a "REGULAR" Boss !!   :rockon:                                    

#11 Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:27 AM

Nof that I'm getting fan mail on this subject but took my Boss out yesterday and put in a 4" extension for my thumb drive or flash thingie. Noted since the system recognizes the input now all I have to do is press AUX and it's playing.

Understandable why the systems are being upgraded for really loud music but think I'd rather listen to the exhaust note with the volume down. Roads are pretty clear now except for the paving patches, detours and occasional sand traps, no salt. It's like I never put it up for 4 months, no problems what so ever. Went around the block (about 10 miles) and never took over 4K RPM. Have to top off oil but it's still really chilly here and so windy yesterday didn't want to have hood up and get it sprung from a wind gust (up to 40 MPH bursts).

New roof on shed today, probably be here early, get the Boss out and tinker around with it and stay out of the way. Hope I have enough metal left to build a wood pile lean to and use for the roof.

Next time, Rich B.

Come to think on it the stuff like I listen to has to all be redone digitally and a lot of my sources are maybe ??. Would recommend new flash drive also as mine had photos on prior.

Edited by Rich B., 13 April 2013 - 03:06 AM.

• 2013bossgrabberblue likes this

#12 MDBoss302

MDBoss302

New Boss 302 Member

• Northeast Region
  • 10 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Mustang Boss 302

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

I use a 16GB  iPod Nano, works great.  Have all my playlist setup and can chose them from the head unit.  Even automatically resumes playing where i left off on start of the car.

I don't care too much about loud music when driving, just a little classic rock and the exhaust is music to my ears.

• Rich B. likes this

#13 Tom

Tom

boss1333

• Great Lakes Region
  • 25 posts
  • My Region:U.S., Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

I can't get Synch to recognize my iPod shuffle player when I plug it into the USB.  Is there a trick or is this player unsupported by Synch?

#14 b17drvr

b17drvr

MCA National Director

• Southern Plains Region
  • 663 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2007 GT500

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

I have 6200 miles on my boss and have not played the radio yet. I guess I should try it some time.
2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca # 018
MRT Interceptor Axle Backs and H-pipe. Shelby 1 Piece Driveshaft.  C&L Intake
MRT Louvers.  MRT custom Paint.  MRT Tow Hooks and jack rails.  H&R Springs, upper and lower control arms.
Barton Shifter.  Autopower Roll Bar.  5 point harnesses.

2007 Shelby GT-500. Red and White. Built on July 21, 2006.
Shelby 40th Anny CSM07XL0124
BMR UCA, LCAs, Relocation brackets, and A arms. H & R springs. Steeda Panhard support, adjustable panhard rod,
and Steeda adjustable end links. Tokico D-spec struts/shocks. Steeda 3 point Torque Box Frame Rail Braces.
FRPP 3.73 gears, FRPP girdle, FRPP Headers, MRT H-pipe and exhaust. Shelby Extreme Brakes.
JLT Intake with VMP pulley and Tune. 548 RWHP, 533 Torque.

2014 Fiesta ST
Molten Orange

#15 LSECO

LSECO

LSECO

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 2,272 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss 302 L S # 482 blk/red
  • Interests:LOTS of Speed and LOTS of Relaxation
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

B18 - I mean B17, you must be listening to that "Side-Pipe" satellite radio station.

Being the first year of the NEW Boss, and this is the UBER, Laguna Seca edition at that, Ford took extra care in assembly of this FLAGSHIP / DEBUT model. Which translates to one BAD -ASS car. THAT HAS NEVER HAD AN ISSUE.  :victory:   BONE STOCK - STOCK AS A ROCK...'cus it's under warranty !! TRACKEY, basically just cosmetics, GT 500 spoiler w/ taller C.F.Gurney flap,  Sportlines, Flowmaster Hushpower axlebacks, short/stub side exhaust replacements, custom, lightweight squared 19X10 wheels , Whiteline trans mount bushing, Energy Dynamics urethane rear shift assembly mount. All LS take - off parts are packaged up.  Being away from my Boss  is "For the birds"    :waiting:       "http://i766.photobuc...zps00f5ec06.jpg"   :camera:  "http://i766.photobuc............GOOGLE my vid at janerinsurance.com/r8 for a relaxing canyon run.......... There is no such thing as a "REGULAR" Boss !!   :rockon:                                    

#16 Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

That is entertainment, but the iPod and flash drive work great. Just have to match the radio up to the input USB. Haven't listened to the radio much either.

Edited by Rich B., 24 November 2013 - 11:18 AM.

#17 priapism

priapism

New Boss 302 Member

• Miss. Valley Region
  • 62 posts
  • My Region:U.S., Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:2012 LS

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:25 AM

IMO the best long term solution is to pony up for an iPod or smart phone (iPhone or Android), and transfer all your music to that device (via iTunes for Apple devices). Then you can sync the device to the car via Bluetooth or USB and play your music library no problem. Sure, costs more to go this route, but as with everything you get what you pay for.

We have bluetooth?

• Rich B. likes this

#18 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 1,528 posts
  • My Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 - 2008 Mercury Mountaineer Premier
  • Interests:Baseball,Golf, Mustangs, Physiognomy and Woodworking
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:47 AM

Not on a 2012. 

2012Boss302Mustang559_zpsfebb68ff.jpg

2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 - #2900

Ordered: 3/23/2011 - Build Date: 12/5/2011 - Delivered 12/21/2011

TracKey - JLT Oil Separator -Moroso Coolant Overflow Tank - MGW Shifter/Heat Shield -  FRPP Clutch Line Upgrade - Shelby Transmission Cooling Scoop                            

Driveshaft Shop 3-1/2 1 Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Whiteline Gearbox Insert Bushing - BMR Front Driveshaft Safety Loop

BMR LCAs & Adjustable Relo Brackets - BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar - FRPP Lowering T-Springs  - FRPP Rear Pedestal Spoiler  

Koni Sport Yellows Struts and Shocks - Maximum Motorsport Caster Camber Plates - Center Jacking Plates

Airaid CAI With Parnelli Jones Carbon Fiber Inlet Tub &  Modular Venturi Tube - FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body - Borla ATAK Axlebacks

Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Forgestar CF5V 19x9 and 19x10 - DBA T3 / 4000 Series Rotors 

FRPP Front Brake Cooling Duct Kit - Hawk HP Ceramic Pads - Goodridge SS Brake Lines - Thermo-Tec Battery Heat Barrier Kit

Roush 7 Billet Grille - Blowfish Racing Lower Front Grille and Tow Hook - Blowfish Shifter Support Bracket

#19 Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:53 AM

Tried my Gen.V iPod, couldn't get that working or my MP3 player after that nothing worked. Had to get the manual out, got them both working finally, just lost patience with the thing. Don't use the stuff or car often enough....

#20 GHIGBoss

GHIGBoss

New Boss 302 Member

• 649 posts
  • My Region:Other
  • Current Vehicle:Mustang Boss 302
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:43 PM

Tried my Gen.V iPod, couldn't get that working or my MP3 player after that nothing worked. Had to get the manual out, got them both working finally, just lost patience with the thing. Don't use the stuff or car often enough....

There are days that my iPod gives me fits working in my car. I know I could not be without it in the car, while the pipes sound great on long road trips like this one I have coming up, having good music is nice
  • Rich B. likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users