Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Music on Flash Drive

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,447 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:09 AM

I know what you mean GHIGB, it's as if the technology has overwhelmed itself especially when I'm swearing at the talking lady and there's no return reply, she keeps asking the same stupid question (LoL)....

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#22 GHIGBoss

GHIGBoss

New Boss 302 Member

• 739 posts
  • Region:Other
  • Current Vehicle:Mustang Boss 302
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:10 AM

I am glad I am not the only person that yells at sync....lol.  I will tell it to call someone and it calls a completely different person than what I said.

#23 Tom

Tom

boss1333

• Great Lakes Region
  • 30 posts
  • Region:U.S., Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

I'm using a thumb drive in the USB port to listen to my music.   Works great and I've even been successful, the few times I tried, to get SYNC to recognize voice commands to play specific songs and artists. 

Can someone tell me if leaving the drive plugged in when the car is not running causes a voltage draw on the battery?  We've had a few nice weather days here in Iowa to take the Boss out for a drive but we also have been getting a lot of wet, cold days where the car sits. 

• Rich B. likes this

#24 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:39 AM

Shouldn't bother a thing Tom, nothing to draw current on those. Can play my MP3 player in the car and leave it plugged in without the battery, powers up from the USB. Can also play iPod connected in the off position (still can play) but could be parasitic if the battery gets low and retain charge through car battery. This is in between my screw-ups of changing devices, have different songs on all 3 (thumb drive too someplace).

Reminds me just got "One Summer Night" (Danleers/Doo Wop '58) that isn't on anything as yet. Not computer literate either, was always in the field but had to take time on occasion for fire alarm system programming. Sometimes I'd have to completely redo things as I'd mess up the inputs or deletes. Nothing was English all codes and binaries. More live and learn......

Edited by Rich B., 30 April 2014 - 04:53 AM.

#25 Brewmaster

Brewmaster

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 424 posts
  • Region:U.S., Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:22 PM

On Amazon I found a little thumb drive that holds 32 gigs and the part sticking out of the drive slot is about half the size of the standard part you plug in. You can leave it plugged in and you don't run the chance of breaking it or knocking it around. Pretty phenomenal how much music you can stick on that little bugger and it costs all of $22. The down side is that you have to write a list of all the songs and albums as it does not appear on your dash view like music synced from an iPod. The good news is that you can tell Sync to play certain songs, artists, or albums and it will find them and play them.

• Rich B. likes this
<p>75e3e374-44d9-48ab-9b16-71b3b97048bd_zps 
2013 Boss 302 Production #1879 Special Order Options: Recaro sport seats, Torsen rear differential, GHIG metallic paint. Dealer Installed Options: Floor mats, Car cover, 8 year/100k Ford extended warranty, TracKey. Owner Installed Modifications:  Barton 2-post shifter with solid rear bracket, Speed Dawg GHIG shift ball, Sound tube delete, JLT PVC oil separator, Pioneer TS-D6820 stereo speakers (4), K&N drop-in air filter, GT 500 axle-back mufflers, BMR lower control arms, Steeda Boss lowering springs, Steeda adjustable pan hard bar, Steeda front adjustable strut mounts, FRPP rear jounce kit, Steeda adjustable 3rd link UCA and mount, Redline GHIG hydraulic hood lifts, CG Lock harness control, Boss 302 trunk mat, Clutch pedal assist spring delete, Side exhaust baffles drilled to 13/16", Whiteline transmission insert, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires, FRPP 84.5 mm throttle body, AE one-piece aluminum 4" drive shaft, BMR drive shaft front safety loop, Starkey lower fog lights, Stefan fog light cover deletes, stainless steel clutch line.

#26 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:50 PM

That's what I have too BM with a built in equalizer. Tunes do show up on display though and haven't had to do anything, just begins playing until I tried swapping around things last time with the iPod (has different songs, have to update MP3)....

Edited by Rich B., 01 May 2014 - 01:52 PM.

#27 smfgt11

smfgt11

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 29 posts
  • Region:U.S., Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:18 AM

If I remember right the 12 doesn't have Sync right? -- I have found a USB thumb drive with the Sync unit will also play .wma files -- which is the default format for Windows..not sure about the other stereos but the Kenwood I just installed in my Boss plays the .wma files as well..  some of the problems with .mp3 conversion is licensing crap -- also there is an option buried pretty deep in your windows media player for ripping CDs whether or not the files should be protected.. if you turn that off you should be able to play them anywhere... worked for me. Also your bitrate -- songs take up a lot more memory if you go CD quality high -- but you can drop it a little lower than that and still be better of than streaming..

#28 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 2,969 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 - 2008 Mercury Mountaineer Premier
  • Boss 302's Year:2012
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:43 AM

You are correct. No Sync in '12. 

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Recaro Seats/ Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket / Fire Extinguisher Mount / Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - CoolTech Boss 302 Oil Cooler with T-Stat / 6PT Harness Belts and Clips - Corbeau Harness Bar - Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

Sweet Lorraine - Circa March 2015

#29 ZeroGER

ZeroGER

New Boss 302 Member

• European Region
  • 53 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Mustang Boss 302 Kona Blue

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:12 AM

Has anyone found a solution for the AUX channel losing volume problem?

Trying to use it for an MP3 player but to effectively hear music, I have to set the volume (both player and radio) so high that sound quality suffers.

#30 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:50 PM

I can't remember any of these posts I have here from a few years back. Let's see...... I'd try the USB port and if you use voice command it's "USB PLAY" or vice verse and it works. Sounds like a high impedance match with Aux and MP3. USB jack (input) is where I have my MP3 w/equalizer, run about mid-range and let the radio amplify the signal. This works for me anyways, mine uses a AA battery but will run without it powered through the USB. I just leave it plugged in the console for the season.

I like the idea of the MP3 as a preamp, you don't have to play your radio as loud and eliminates that audio distortion. Well within reason, cuts down on the signal clipping and pre-amplified at input. You may be different with '12 Boss, believe they're the same.

Con't: I notice too, half these threads I have to reword, even I can't make sense of them. Only seem to half pay attention (hmm, do that with everything). Pick up on things that I was thinking but somehow in print wrong. Many writings could be taken with a grain of salt, mine no exception but as accurate and actual as I can be.

Edited by Rich B., 18 March 2017 - 06:19 AM.

• 302 Hi Pro likes this

#31 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• 4,334 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 KB Boss 302 Mustang

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:46 PM

Wait a minute, Rich B. Has a "Go To Play List"?

Darn, my only Play List is the U-Code thru Kooks open side pipes!

ZeroGer:
Check your MP3 cable first, they tend to develop high resistance from stretching and pulling on them. Replace batteries if necessary is what I would start with.

But I haven't read anything on problems with the AUX jack and volume problems, but I've never used it either.

Please keep us posted with what you find.
Thanks so much,
302 Hi Pro
  • Rich B. likes this

2012 KB Boss 302 MC: 500A | Boss Production Line Assembly Number 2800. Vehicle Special Ordered with Recaro Sport Seats & 3.73:1 Torsen Option | Engine: FRPP 84.5MM TB, Peterson CJ Vent Can, TracKey Activated, AirAid CF PJ CAI, FRPP 84.5MM TB | Drivetrain: AE 4.0" Aluminum DS, MGW Gen 3 Race Spec Shifter, GT500 Clutch Pedal Box, FRPP Stainless Clutch Line, Dedicated Clutch Fluid Reservoir, FRPP Trans Cooler Scoop. | Exhaust: Silver Ceramic Kooks Super Street Headers, MagnaFlow Street/Comp 3.0" SS CB X-Pipe System, Open Kooks SS Boss Side Pipes. | Suspension: FRPP "T" Springs (alternate Steeda Boss Rear Springs), Koni Sports (Yellow) Adjustable Struts/Shocks, Steeda HD Camber Plates, Cortex Watts Link, Steeda Billet KB Poly/Spherical LCA's, KB LCA Relo Brkts, Steeda Adj. UCA & Energy Suspension Sys. Upper Diff Housing Bush, OEM Boss Rear Sway Bar | FRPP GT500 Forged wheels, (19X9.0 F & 19X10.0" R) | Brakes: FRPP Boss 302 Cooling Duct Kit, Steeda SS/Kevlar Brake Lines, GT500 13.8" Rear Rotors, GT500 Rear Brake Pads, Dot 4 Motul 600 HT Fluid | Body: FRPP Boss 302S Grill, FRPP Boss 302 LS Front Splitter, FRPP GT500 Rear Spoiler & Serviceable Gurney Strip, BFR Front Tow Hook, Jacking Plates, 3M Window Tint, (35/20), OEM Boss 302 Floor Mats & Boss 302 Car Cover, Pioneer TS-D6802R Speaker System, Auto Dim, Home Link & Compass Mirror. Notes: Current Intake System - Ram Air thru Front Grill Fog Light, OEM CAI Box and AEM Aluminum Intake Tube with Drop-In High Flow Filter. In Testing Spring 2016. SCT-X4 Tuner used exclusively for Data-Logging AFR/Timing Curves Only. FRPP TracKey is Preferred PCM Tune.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·