Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2013 with 18 x 10 295/30/18 R888 squared

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 2013Boss302

2013Boss302

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Region:U.S., Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302 #0166

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:03 AM

Hello Everyone,

I have been on a quest to get the best set of wheels and tires on my car in a squared setup. I was never able to confirm 100% if anyone has been able to run an 18 x 10 with a 295/30/18 Toyo R888. I decided to go with a set of Forgestar F14 in Gunmetal like my previous set in 18 x 10 with a set of Toyo tires R888 in 295/30/18. I went last night to get them mounted and balanced and installed on the car. My fingers were crossed because I was worried about the front rubbing on my coilovers. After putting the front wheel on all my worries went away because they fit and they cleared the coilover by about 1/4 inch. On the drive home i decided to see if i could make them rub and I was unsuccessful. they would not rub and I do not require a spacer. I am hoping this thread will help people that were going through the same research issue was having with not finding a definite answer. 18 x 10 with 295s will fit on a S197 with a proper coilover setup. I will take more pictures in the day light. Here are some pics i took last night.

PC042701_zpsab102d4c.jpg

PC042703_zps45911f24.jpg

PC042711_zpsaaa1e331.jpg

PC042706_zpseae6ba0e.jpg

PC042704_zps73c0a1e6.jpg

PC042719_zpsadcdb9e6.jpg
  • bossy13 likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#2 bossy13

bossy13

Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 1,425 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302, Race Red
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:36 AM

+1

That is a sharp looking setup 2013Boss302 !

I'm curious - what were the factors for going squared vs. staggered?

- b13

Original: 2013 Race Red with TracKey, Recaro Seats, Torsen Diff, and Owners Kit.

Performance Mods: JLT Oil Separator, MGW Shifter, FRPP 84.5 MM TB, Airaid PJ Carbon Fiber Intake, Kooks 1-7/8" Shorty Headers (ceramic coated), Kooks Gen-II Side Pipes, MRT H-pipe, Borla Over-Axle Pipes, GT500 Quad Mufflers (painted black) with Valence, QTEC302 Electric Side-pipe Cutouts,  FRPP SS Clutch Line, FRPP Brake Cooling Kit, GT500 13.8" Rear Brake Upgrade, Vorshlag SS Brake Lines, AE 4" Aluminum DS with BMR safety loop, Shelby transmission scoop.

Suspension Mods: Steeda Boss Lowering Springs, Steeda HD Strut Mounts, Koni Yellow Dampers, Whiteline Panhard Bar with Brace, Whiteline LCAs with Relo Brackets.

Appearance Mods: Sound Tube Delete, Race Red Bumper Plugs, CDC Illuminated 'Boss 302' Sill Plates, RedLine Hood Struts, Blacked-out Hood Vents, MRT Aluminum Rear Louvers, SHR Flush Quarter Louvers (matte black), SHR Custom Fuel Door (matte black with RR '302' lettering), Moroso Coolant Reservoir. Moroso Battery & Brake Fluid Covers, CJPony Boss302 Rally Shift Knob.

Track & Safety Mods: Forgestar CF5 19x10" wheels (square configuration), Hoosier R6 295/35-19 R-compound tires, SRP Racing Pedals, LS Rear Seat Delete and Cross Brace (race red), CoolTech Roll Bar (race red) and Crow Harnesses (with Boss 302 emblem).

Planned Mods: Whiteline UCA, CoolTech Tow Hooks, Peterson Breather Can, McCloud RST Clutch, Maybe a set of Sweet BSS Wheels, 500+ BHP (one way or another).

#3 2013Boss302

2013Boss302

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:24 AM

Better for rotating and track days. 

#4 LSECO

LSECO

LSECO

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 3,446 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss 302 L S # 482 blk/red
  • Boss 302's Year:2012
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:04 PM

Aren't the R888s directional? And aren't they the NOISIEST tire you ever heard on a car? AKIN to a 4x4 with Super Swamper tires. By the way I run 295-30-19s all around 10 in. wide rims. HOOSIER R6. My daily driver - a'12 LS (Darth version). I confess I run the R888s occasionally in bad weather. I wonder how close your offsets are to mine. Me : no rubbing or issues.I sure notice the weight difference from the stock wheels and tires !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by LSECO, 06 December 2013 - 12:06 PM.

<p><p> 2012 LAGUNA SECA Black/Race Red: The FIRST year of the RETURN of the Boss 302, (Gen.II) Road-Race ready.
L O - J A C K theft recovery system.
Pedestal wing with GT-500 Gurney flap,modified fr. splitter.Halon fire extinguisher.Cervini ram air hood w/heat extractors. Recaro racing seats, race red rear seat delete brace bar,4pt.race red seatbelts and harness bar,r.r. front splitter adj.rods,r.r.coil covers and r.r.shock tower brace.LS race gauge pack.FRPP race brake cooling ducts, Motul 600 race brake fluid, FRPP trans cooling scoop, AEM intake tube kit, oil catch can-pass side only, FRPP TRACKEY,SilverHorse gas filler lid.MMD satin black tail light surrounds,MMD Carbon fiber wrapped hood gas struts, projector headlights w/sequential turn signals and emergencies,rear brake/emergencies sequencers.CSI protective smoke head light covers-daytime use only, satin black LS faux gas cap.Honeycomb ELEANOR grill w/hidden LED HALO fogs,honeycomb front lower grill,limo tint on rear glass ONLY,LED interior, license plate, and trunk lighting, satin silver billet e-brake handle, mirror adj.knob ,shifter ball,rear seatbelt mounting covers.Eibach Sportline road racing lowering springs(installed by Eibach), FRPP 1pc. aluminium drive shaft,Bama "tunes for life", Kooks long tube headers,Kooks cat delete offroad X-pipe,resonator delete over axle pipes,On-3-Go muffler deletes.
Custom smoke/nickel chrome, LIGHTWEIGHT 19X10 wheels-295×30×19 fronts-295x30x19 rears w/Hoosier R6 tyres for spirited driving, Pirelli P Zero Corsa tires on stock RED rims for inclement monsoon weather, Carbotech brake pads, race red Brembo calipers,FRPP GT500 rear rotors conversion, MGW Race spec.III shifter,Whiteline trans mount bushing, J&M adjustable panhard bar.Dual clutch transmission fluids,

(just a SMIDGEON of mods compared to most of "MY BOSSBROS") All LS take-off parts are packaged up..... There is no such thing as a "REGULAR" Boss !!   :rockon:   

#5 bossy13

bossy13

Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 1,425 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

Better for rotating and track days. 

I get the tire rotation advantage.

But for the track, all other things being equal (wheels, suspension, etc.), what advantage does the squared setup get you from a performance perspective?

Is it just slightly less rotational mass on the rears?

Anything else?

Original: 2013 Race Red with TracKey, Recaro Seats, Torsen Diff, and Owners Kit.

Performance Mods: JLT Oil Separator, MGW Shifter, FRPP 84.5 MM TB, Airaid PJ Carbon Fiber Intake, Kooks 1-7/8" Shorty Headers (ceramic coated), Kooks Gen-II Side Pipes, MRT H-pipe, Borla Over-Axle Pipes, GT500 Quad Mufflers (painted black) with Valence, QTEC302 Electric Side-pipe Cutouts,  FRPP SS Clutch Line, FRPP Brake Cooling Kit, GT500 13.8" Rear Brake Upgrade, Vorshlag SS Brake Lines, AE 4" Aluminum DS with BMR safety loop, Shelby transmission scoop.

Suspension Mods: Steeda Boss Lowering Springs, Steeda HD Strut Mounts, Koni Yellow Dampers, Whiteline Panhard Bar with Brace, Whiteline LCAs with Relo Brackets.

Appearance Mods: Sound Tube Delete, Race Red Bumper Plugs, CDC Illuminated 'Boss 302' Sill Plates, RedLine Hood Struts, Blacked-out Hood Vents, MRT Aluminum Rear Louvers, SHR Flush Quarter Louvers (matte black), SHR Custom Fuel Door (matte black with RR '302' lettering), Moroso Coolant Reservoir. Moroso Battery & Brake Fluid Covers, CJPony Boss302 Rally Shift Knob.

Track & Safety Mods: Forgestar CF5 19x10" wheels (square configuration), Hoosier R6 295/35-19 R-compound tires, SRP Racing Pedals, LS Rear Seat Delete and Cross Brace (race red), CoolTech Roll Bar (race red) and Crow Harnesses (with Boss 302 emblem).

Planned Mods: Whiteline UCA, CoolTech Tow Hooks, Peterson Breather Can, McCloud RST Clutch, Maybe a set of Sweet BSS Wheels, 500+ BHP (one way or another).

#6 LSECO

LSECO

LSECO

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 3,446 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

More rubber on the road equals more controll...less likely to break loose... at the sacrifice of a little horse power.
<p><p> 2012 LAGUNA SECA Black/Race Red: The FIRST year of the RETURN of the Boss 302, (Gen.II) Road-Race ready.
Pedestal wing with GT-500 Gurney flap,modified fr. splitter.Halon fire extinguisher.Cervini ram air hood w/heat extractors. Recaro racing seats, race red rear seat delete brace bar,4pt.race red seatbelts and harness bar,r.r. front splitter adj.rods,r.r.coil covers and r.r.shock tower brace.LS race gauge pack.FRPP race brake cooling ducts, Motul 600 race brake fluid, FRPP trans cooling scoop, AEM intake tube kit, oil catch can-pass side only, FRPP TRACKEY,SilverHorse gas filler lid.MMD satin black tail light surrounds,MMD Carbon fiber wrapped hood gas struts, projector headlights w/sequential turn signals and emergencies,rear brake/emergencies sequencers.CSI protective smoke head light covers-daytime use only, satin black LS faux gas cap.Honeycomb ELEANOR grill w/hidden LED HALO fogs,honeycomb front lower grill,limo tint on rear glass ONLY,LED interior, license plate, and trunk lighting, satin silver billet e-brake handle, mirror adj.knob ,shifter ball,rear seatbelt mounting covers.Eibach Sportline road racing lowering springs(installed by Eibach), FRPP 1pc. aluminium drive shaft,Bama "tunes for life", Kooks long tube headers,Kooks cat delete offroad X-pipe,resonator delete over axle pipes,On-3-Go muffler deletes.
Custom smoke/nickel chrome, LIGHTWEIGHT 19X10 wheels-295×30×19 fronts-295x30x19 rears w/Hoosier R6 tyres for spirited driving, Pirelli P Zero Corsa tires on stock RED rims for inclement monsoon weather, Carbotech brake pads, race red Brembo calipers,FRPP GT500 rear rotors conversion, MGW Race spec.III shifter,Whiteline trans mount bushing, J&M adjustable panhard bar.Dual clutch transmission fluids,

(just a SMIDGEON of mods compared to most of "MY BOSSBROS") All LS take-off parts are packaged up..... There is no such thing as a "REGULAR" Boss !!   :rockon:   

#7 bossy13

bossy13

Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 1,425 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

More rubber on the road equals more controll...less likely to break loose... at the sacrifice of a little horse power.

That's the theory I have always subscribed to.

So I'm wondering why so many seem to be going squared when you can get more rubber down with staggered?

#8 LSECO

LSECO

LSECO

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 3,446 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:08 PM

With square You surely have equal size tires. more rubber down, with staggered only if you go with the widest possible rear and 10 inch maybe the widest possible front . staggered usually requires custom made wheels, tire sizes become a little more limited. Might be a good idea to select tires before the wheels.works for me.
  • bossy13 likes this

#9 2013Boss302

2013Boss302

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

here are some daylight pictures

PC062727_zpsb206796a.jpg?t=1386367671

PC062723_zps433b50a6.jpg?t=1386367689

PC062724_zpsc6410316.jpg?t=1386367680

• TymeSlayer and bossy13 like this

#10 Gangreen55

Gangreen55

New Boss 302 Member

• Northeast Region
  • 125 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss GHIG

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

Thats a stout looking SBY, with a nice stance!  

I am suffering from paralysis thru analysis...  I get the advantages of squared and the advantages with widest rims/tires possible, Other than perhaps price, less rotational mass, contact patch and perhaps more tire choices from 18" wheels, what other advantages are there to dropping down to 18" rims?  Do they significantly change the handling/ride characteristics of the car?  What about speedo calibration? Or is there a specific tire size that'll compensate for total diameter? The pictures here are great, but does the 18" leave much more fender well?  I do like the way a 19" fills out the wells.  NOT interested in going 20" squared.  In my humble opinion, when I test drove a Roush stage 3 with 20" squared, I detested the feel of them.  Thanks for any thoughts or input, I'm looking to do something soon, but cannot seem to land on something and pull the trigger.  Trust me, if my wallet was proportionate to my tastes, hands down I'd be bolting up a set of BBS, Boss Ford Racing, 302S wheels in black all day long....

• SavetheManuals likes this
  IMG 2682
 <p>2013 GHIG #1722;  Recarro/Torsen Option, LS Front Splitter, Sound Tube Delete, Redline Hood Struts, "Stefan Design" Fog Light Inserts, Accufab 84.5 TB, Airaid Jr. Intake Tube, K&N High Flo Filter, Watson Racing Oil Separator, SVE Drift Wheels, Full window tint., Exedy Mach 500 Stage 3 clutch, Exedy lightweight racing flywheel, SRT Braided clutch line, FRPP One piece driveshaft, MGW X-Spec shifter

#11 deinmeister

deinmeister

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Mustang Boss 302
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:44 PM

Thank you so much for posting your setup, it looks awesome. I have 4 Falken 615k 295/40/18 tires and got one rim today as I wanted to test if they would clear the brake. They fit well, but I found what they sent me was a 18x9.75. I called and they only have that rim in that size. They have other rims with 18x10.25. What should I do? Mount the tire on the 18x9.75 or order the 10.25 and see if it fits? What offset are your rims?

I would really appreciate any input.

Thank you

Bjorn

#12 LSECO

LSECO

LSECO

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 3,446 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:28 PM

American Muscle.com has a new line of wheels (quite nice I might add).

The many different sizes are described with weights and offsets.
This info should help you make your decisions.

Attached Files

#13 SavetheManuals

SavetheManuals

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 23 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss 302
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:40 PM

2013Boss,

Sorry for resurrecting an old post.

Have you adjusted your speedo/odometer since you now have a smaller wheel & tire OD? I just went to 18x10 F14s with R888s 285/30 (came with the wheels) so the OD is a lot smaller now and I don't enjoy racking up the miles so much faster (about 10%) than I should be.

If not, do you know how one might accomplish that, or does anyone else?

One more thing I will say for the benefit of others thinking about going to 18s with low profile tires is that it lowers the car significantly. I'm on stock suspension and now I scrape my side pipes on speed bumps unless I go 1 MPH.

Also, deinmeister, 295s should fit on a 9.75" wheel. Mine are 18x10 +42.

Thanks!

Save the Manuals! 

2012 CO Boss 302, Recaros & Torsen LSD, TracKey Activated!

Tires: Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 | Cooling: Transmission Cooling Scoop, Brake Cooling Shields | Protection: JLT V3.0 Oil Separator

#14 BallwinBoss

BallwinBoss

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 225 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:47 PM

okay, I can't see the pictures.  Photobucket something, something, something.

I've gone to squared for track use.  305's all the way around and they fit just fine, no rub on any shock or struts.  Can't believe the additional traction on the track.

#15 SavetheManuals

SavetheManuals

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 23 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss 302
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:05 PM

okay, I can't see the pictures.  Photobucket something, something, something.

I've gone to squared for track use.  305's all the way around and they fit just fine, no rub on any shock or struts.  Can't believe the additional traction on the track.

Did you change your suspension when you went square? Stiffer sway bar up front, thinner rear sway bar, or different springs?

Save the Manuals! 

2012 CO Boss 302, Recaros & Torsen LSD, TracKey Activated!

Tires: Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 | Cooling: Transmission Cooling Scoop, Brake Cooling Shields | Protection: JLT V3.0 Oil Separator

#16 BallwinBoss

BallwinBoss

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 225 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:18 PM

Lots of changes so here's the bottom line.  FRPP T-Springs all the way around, Koni Yellows all the way around M&M Caster/Camber plates.  I run the stock wheels/tires for daily driving.  On the track I've moved to 2 different setups.  Wet/cold are 19x9 square running Hankook RS3's (275/30/19).  Dry/warm are 18x10 square running Perilli DH (305/645/19).  I've made no spacer adjustments and have no rub issues.

If all things stay the same when the stock tires are gone (will be a long time I think as I've only got 15K miles on the car) I'll move to Michelin's of some sort as their grip over the stock Perilli's is so much better.  Car almost never sees rain or cold and gets put away in the winter.

I see no issues when moving from staggered to squared setup in terms of alignment or driveability.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·