Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Spare Tire Requirements For A Base Boss 302

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 3,125 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4 SuperCrew FX4 - 2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302
  • Boss 302's Year:2012
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:47 AM

I have contingencies in place. Would I be happy with a 1/2 inch lag screw in my tire? Of course not. Should I blame Ford? If I did I would eventually come to my senses and see I have misdirected my blame. 

Certainly I am not advocating you cannot have your opinion nor should you expect me not to have mine. 

Edited by TymeSlayer, 20 January 2018 - 01:15 PM.

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Recaro Seats/ Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket / Fire Extinguisher Mount / Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - CoolTech Boss 302 Oil Cooler with T-Stat / 6PT Harness Belts and Clips - Corbeau Harness Bar - Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

Sweet Lorraine - Circa March 2015

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#42 falcongtho3

falcongtho3

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 101 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:2003 Mach 1
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:07 AM

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, and I would never say or feel otherwise. Same with me. My opinion is obviously tainted by what had transpired.

My comment about the amount of vehicles with no spare was made to try to convey the frustration I feel every day with consumers not being aware of their potential situation. What is this had happened to your parents or sister or brother or child?

I feel it's time that people speak up and that manufacturers get their head out of the sand and see what a dis-service they are doing. The fact that a class action lawsuit hasn't happened surprises me. Im not lawsuit hungry, but it seems to be the only thing that gets their attention these days. (See: Blue Oval News and the '99 Cobra debacle)

2003 Mach 1 #13  First day build car

2013 Boss 302 #2950

#43 TMSBOSS

TMSBOSS

Experienced Boss Owner

• Great Lakes Region
  • 958 posts
  • Region:U.S., Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:22 AM

Not aware? Open the trunk, read the owners manual, or google it.

I realize you just had the issue and apparently need someone to blame. But be real. You drove a car which does not come with a spare. Then you had flat and are blaming your lack of prep on the manufacturer.

I bought two mustangs with performance packages which have the pump and no spare. For my daughters car I bought the spare and jack package. I also trained her to change a tire. Problem solved.

After buying vehicles, driving them for their life span and then trading or selling them with the spare never used. You have to wonder if a space should be on the option list.
  • TymeSlayer likes this

Blackhawk13-40.jpg

#44 WHO DA

WHO DA

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 48 posts
  • Region:Canada, Western
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302 (GHIG)
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:53 PM

The salesman opened the trunk and lifted the wheel well cover during the walk around in the showroom for me. I take the car on road trips without a spare to this day. Guess I’m assuming I’ll have cellular reception when a tire blows. #firstworldproblems
  • TymeSlayer likes this

#45 falcongtho3

falcongtho3

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:04 PM

Not aware? Open the trunk, read the owners manual, or google it.

I realize you just had the issue and apparently need someone to blame. But be real. You drove a car which does not come with a spare. Then you had flat and are blaming your lack of prep on the manufacturer.

I bought two mustangs with performance packages which have the pump and no spare. For my daughters car I bought the spare and jack package. I also trained her to change a tire. Problem solved.

After buying vehicles, driving them for their life span and then trading or selling them with the spare never used. You have to wonder if a space should be on the option list.

Most people who have locking lug nuts arent' even aware of it, much less the location of their key. So them not knowing they don't have a spare tire isn't that far off base.Most here are very different in their awareness of their vehicle, its options accessories, capabilities and limitations. I see this on a daily basis. Don't confuse the general public with enthusiasts. 

I've had to use the spare on less than half of my own vehicles; '69 6 cyl. fastback, '82 5.0 GT, '69 Mach 1: yes.

'92 Probe GT, '69 Cobra Jet Grande', '01 GT, '03 Mach 1, '73 Cobra Jet convertible: no.

I've had good luck but not great luck.

It's good that you've taught your daughter to handle such a situation. Hope she always has a spare to fall back on.

Yes, I bought a car with no spare. That's how it came. Knew it when I bought it. Know it now. Didn't like it then, don't like now. It was a bad flaw, just not one that kept me from buying the car. Dont' regret buying it. Jusrt regret that Ford was that short sighted and that I havent been in a position to correct it.

2013 Boss 302 #2950

#46 TMSBOSS

TMSBOSS

Experienced Boss Owner

• Great Lakes Region
  • 958 posts
  • Region:U.S., Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:57 PM

It’s all good.

Several owners have tracked down a spare wheel, tire and jack only to find the original wheels and tire don’t fit the spare well that well.

The ford kit does fit but may cause you to change two tires in case of a flat. The spare will fit the rear, but may not fit over the front brakes. Something to look at if you are buying a spare. Daughters car is a V-6 performance pack. She does not have the big brakes. Just the GT brakes.

I haven’t changed a flat on something I was driving since the 70’s. I never worried about it either. When you hand keys over to a daughter, your outlook changes.
  • TymeSlayer likes this

Blackhawk13-40.jpg

#47 falcongtho3

falcongtho3

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:37 PM

I'm either going to buy an extra front Boss wheel or one of the kits listed in this thread. My other intention is to replace the P Zeros with either the new Michelins or Con'tl DWSs in the 5k miles or so. This doesn't change that thinking, but it will give me an extra rear tire with more tread then the other three when it's time to toss them.

2013 Boss 302 #2950

#48 Rich B.

Rich B.

Not another year gone by?

• Northeast Region
  • 3,648 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:54 PM

Of coarse too the problem is our Brembo brakes. Oversized as even GT's without performance pack (whatever it's called) come with spare. Performance is a very high price to pay and includes everything ie- insurance, registration, tires, hi-test fuel and more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·