Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Shifting/Clutch problems FIXED.

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#121 BOSSBOY

BOSSBOY

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 197 posts
  • Region:U.S., Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2012 BOSS 302 - 2016 GT350 Track Pack - 2008 Saleen Gurney Eagle - 2007 Shelby GT - 2016 Stingray Vert
  • Boss 302's Year:2012

Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:34 AM

I ordered Royal Purple Synchromax yesterday for the BOSS.
Put it in my Gurney yesterday. The fluid was orig in the Gurney, and at 10yrs old and 7K miles, I thought it no better time to get these fluids done. All the other fluids are next, but after driving the Gurney and knowing how horrible these MT-82’s are, and reading all the reviews on line of people swapping it out on the 11-current 6speeds.......I’m SOLD!!
Can’t wait to see the diff after getting it pumped in there. The shifter made a huge diff already. Night and day, actually. I’m hoping the fluid will be the cherry on top.
:rockon:

Swapped the stock oil outta the tranny yesterday. Let it drain for an hour. Fluid was spotless. Shiny and NO apparent metallic particles. That was a very good sign, as the odo is just short of 5K now.

I pumped a tad more than 2.7 qts in there. But DEFINITELY NOT a full three.

Took her for a ride for about an hour. Result: Notably smoother, but not as smooth as my Gurney with the same fluid in it. The FRPP (Barton made) short shifter is and always has been a tight “squish” into reverse. Not to be confused with a synchro “notch”. The design of the Barton is super high precision and sharp edged on the reverse lock out mechanism. Much less slop to go into reverse, than the stock lever. So, based on the new feel of all the forward gears, I would rate the Synchromax a 7.5 on a 1-10 scale of successs. Trying to be very honest and subjective here. And who knows ..... that 7.5 could very well be raised a tad as the fluid gets circulated around a bit more in the coming days.

Overall observation...... a MUCH NEEDED improvement that can only make it better, and to help save the weak synchros from eating themselves up. :)

36698853856_dd49c03257_m_d.jpg

2007 Shelby GT Black #5671

2008 Saleen Gurney Eagle Vista Blue

2012 BOSS 302 Red / White 1 of 156

2016 GT350 Avalanche Grey / Blue Stripe

2016 Stingray Vert Silver / Red Guts  :whistling: 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#122 IBdBoss

IBdBoss

IBdBoss

• Canadian Region
  • 14 posts
  • Region:Canada, Western
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 Kona Blue

Posted 22 February 2018 - 11:25 AM

I'm sure this is another reason for some of the troubles we experience... and seeing as I'm having the tranny rebuilt in the next couple of months, I would like to get opinions on separating the transmission and brake fluid by adding a remote reservoir.

I have the McLeod braided clutch line already so I don't think the available Shelby kit will work.

Anyone with a good setup they can suggest?

#123 fking1

fking1

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 233 posts
  • Region:U.S., Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:13 Boss 302

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:43 PM

BOSSBOY:

I was very disappointed  with a Barton . Hard to shift & difficult to get  into reverse. The Barton & Blowfish did not solve the rev limit lockout which I have posted before.

Replaced with an MGW and happy with it. Must be adjusted correctly for the 1st to reverse clearance.

Redline D4ATF in Trans.

#124 Rich B.

Rich B.

Not another year gone by?

• Northeast Region
  • 3,651 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:49 AM

I'm sure this is another reason for some of the troubles we experience... and seeing as I'm having the tranny rebuilt in the next couple of months, I would like to get opinions on separating the transmission and brake fluid by adding a remote reservoir.

I have the McLeod braided clutch line already so I don't think the available Shelby kit will work.

Anyone with a good setup they can suggest?

Not as l know anything but the clutch and brakes share the reservoir, tranny not inc., pretty sure that's what you meant. Think at least one has used the separate reservoir for a Camaro (or GM) which worked well for them. https://www.ebay.com...lutch reservoir

Edited by Rich B., 23 February 2018 - 05:54 AM.

#125 guillaume69

guillaume69

French Boss Owner

• European Region
  • 532 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • Current Vehicle:2013 GB Boss 302 and 1969 GT Sportsroof 351W
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:18 AM

As already discussed somewhere on this forum, to separate clutch from brakes hydraulic fluids, you need to buy two separate reservoirs. One for clutch fluid and the other for brake fluid (the one for automatic transmission cars without the derivation for clutch).

I personally opted for the two products below (Shelby isoclutch reservoir and Ford OEM brake fluid reservoir), and couldnt be happier!

https://www.american...rvoir-1014.html

https://parts.levitt...voir-9r3z2k478b

G

Edited by guillaume69, 23 February 2018 - 10:32 AM.

• TymeSlayer likes this

2013 Grabber Blue Boss 302 (#789)

1969 Acapulco Blue GT Sportsroof - 351 W

#126 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 3,126 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4 SuperCrew FX4 - 2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:01 PM

As already discussed somewhere on this forum, to separate clutch from brakes hydraulic fluids, you need to buy two separate reservoirs. One for clutch fluid and the other for brake fluid (the one for automatic transmission cars without the derivation for clutch).

I personally opted for the two products below (Shelby isoclutch reservoir and Ford OEM brake fluid reservoir), and couldnt be happier!

https://www.american...rvoir-1014.html

https://parts.levitt...voir-9r3z2k478b

G

+1

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Recaro Seats/ Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket / Fire Extinguisher Mount / Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - CoolTech Boss 302 Oil Cooler with T-Stat / 6PT Harness Belts and Clips - Corbeau Harness Bar - Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

Sweet Lorraine - Circa March 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·