Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Underhood dress up

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,318 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:11 AM

Those appear to be ultimate. Wouldn't want the 5.0 either on all the caps (unless I had the 6 cyl. w/GT badging of coarse). I like the blue myself (reminds me "Ford") and the open hood contrast.

Weren't the engine compartments all black also through the 60's? And again that vibrant blue.Attached File  image.jpeg   146.65KB   0 downloads So to sum up, our engine compartments are painted that unique same color as the car but just plain primer left on the underneath:(

Edited by Rich B., 11 March 2017 - 03:15 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#62 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 2,888 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 - 2008 Mercury Mountaineer Premier
  • Boss 302's Year:2012
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:19 AM

Those are very nice dress-up caps. I like your idea of getting them without the 5.0 and agree with rich that I wouldn't want that on there either. 

But you did give me an idea of blacking out the lettering on my Roush caps. It would be like ghost lettering. I have a spare cap I may try it out on. 

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Recaro Seats/ Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket/Fire Extinguisher Mount/Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - CoolTech Boss 302 Oil Cooler with T-Stat -  Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Boss 302 Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

Sweet Lorraine - Circa March 2015
Sweet Lorraine - Circa September 2015

#63 guillaume69

guillaume69

French Boss Owner

• European Region
  • 404 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • Current Vehicle:2013 GB Boss 302 and 1969 GT Sportsroof 351W

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:52 AM

New coolant overflow tank is on. That is so nice compared to the stock one, which doesn't seem to age very well, now I was able to take a good look at it. What were they thinking at Ford?

IMG_8491_zps7c9qigl1.jpg

IMG_8494_zpsfphksddg.jpg

Edited by guillaume69, 13 March 2017 - 01:22 PM.

• 302 Hi Pro, Rich B. and cholmes1 like this

2013 Grabber Blue Boss 302 (#789)

1969 Acapulco Blue GT Sportsroof - 351 W

#64 guillaume69

guillaume69

French Boss Owner

• European Region
  • 404 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:57 AM

Those are very nice dress-up caps. I like your idea of getting them without the 5.0 and agree with rich that I wouldn't want that on there either. 

But you did give me an idea of blacking out the lettering on my Roush caps. It would be like ghost lettering. I have a spare cap I may try it out on. 

That's exactly what I've done on my shock tower caps. Black sharpie.

image_zpslzq38exe.jpg

IMG_8297_zpsvp8jvn2n.jpg

Edited by guillaume69, 11 March 2017 - 10:58 AM.

• TymeSlayer and 302 Hi Pro like this

#65 JeffIsHereToo

JeffIsHereToo

Jeff

• 966 posts
  • Region:U.S., Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:21 AM

I would take the brushed silver or black but NO BRANDING and no 5.0!  Gaud, reminds me of my Shelby days!   Just how many f-ing places do you need to have "Shelby" just make it stop!

• TymeSlayer and Rich B. like this
Posted Image

#66 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 2,888 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 - 2008 Mercury Mountaineer Premier
  • Boss 302's Year:2012
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:57 AM

I like the Roush caps but would have been just as happy without his name on my caps. 

• Rich B. likes this

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Recaro Seats/ Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket/Fire Extinguisher Mount/Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - CoolTech Boss 302 Oil Cooler with T-Stat -  Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Boss 302 Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

Sweet Lorraine - Circa March 2015
Sweet Lorraine - Circa September 2015

#67 guillaume69

guillaume69

French Boss Owner

• European Region
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:26 PM

Same here.

#68 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,318 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:27 AM

Indeed, the paying attention to and meticulous detail is an attributation to ownership. I would do it myself especially the early days with all the cheap chrome engine part add ons and cover ups. Would usually rust or fall off within the year, especially the chrome lug nut caps and those exhaust tips, forget it.

In these times the items are of superior quality, better ideas and certainly not inexpensive. I myself would go with many of these but my only setback is from the past. I had many add ons I paid good money for (even tubing headers) and after being on the car a few years wasn't about to try and replace and take the time involved to sell separately. Who would want a 2nd hand set of headers, pipes and so forth, never recoup! The OEM exhaust was on its way out when I replaced with headers, this was a '67 Fastback in '69 now. Besides, nobody kept all that OEM junk when they replaced with Hollywood Accessories was it lmao.

So with summation, I could of done nicely without any extras, saved a bunch of money and aggravation, could of put to way better use and nobody cared, period. Learned my lesson, naw. But everytime I buy, always think of lessons learned (guess not completely). Everything, including the car is making a very nice deal for the next owner when it is well done and taken care of. Depreciation factor, all desirables done (as axlebacks) and other, maybe supercharged. The work and expense is already buffered before they even buy...... Now there's the good deal for buyer, seller moves on $.

Well too, never bought a next identical car you could save and reuse any of that stuff on, perhaps a justification for initial purchase of any extras, I would get my money's worth? Anyhow my car is really lasting, the best days are here not yet to come. So I'm being selective with my purchases.

Perfect example: Our OEM intakes are too dense for heat saturation which could actually increase air intake temperature. Wraps are made for headers, turbocharger plumbing and cold air intakes. Just for looks but I bought these stretchy Ford blue intake socks you install on the intake tube. Heat and fire proof, so you open the hood and see this sleeved blue (contrasted) intake on the motor. No seams showing but I did have to use 2 with that sound cancellation box there. Reminds me of the painted matching intakes you see in photos. Mine serves a purpose (theory only) or could, cost me nothing compared to the car color matched ones. Which l don't know, not into interior decorating color coordination too much. It's a hobby, pastime and not to overdo I suppose is my intention.

Edited by Rich B., 18 March 2017 - 05:54 AM.

• TymeSlayer and 302 Hi Pro like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·