Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Stripe disaster

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 falcongtho3

falcongtho3

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 84 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:2003 Mach 1
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:11 AM

I found out the hard way how non-resilient the stripes on the Boss are this past week. In going to work, I drive it a few times a week in rotation with my '03 Mach 1, there suddenly appeared road work being done on the main street that gets me there. The top layers of pavement hand been cut away. Once I arrived at work I discovered to my horror that the drivers side stripe on the fender and door and forward portion of the quarter panel all had missing  portions. There's not much I can do at this point other than replace the damaged pieces, the paint is fine and there doesn't seem to be any other issues. But I put this out as a warning to others that if you encounter such a situation, to take an alternate route immediately. It's an expensive and disappointing lesson otherwise.

2003 Mach 1 #13  First day build car

2013 Boss 302 #2950

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#2 fking1

fking1

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 203 posts
  • Region:U.S., Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:13 Boss 302

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:01 AM

Bummer, sorry to hear this.

What caused the damage?

Was it debris from the broken up pavement?

#3 falcongtho3

falcongtho3

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:58 AM

It appears that after the pavement was cut up the resulting gravel left behind managed to sandblast the stripes. Oddly it only occurred on the drivers side, the passenger side is fine. I have the replacement stripes now, a very un-cheap purchase even with help from a local dealer. Now to find someone I can count on to replace them properly.

• fking1 likes this

2013 Boss 302 #2950

#4 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• 4,334 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2012 KB Boss 302 Mustang
  • Boss 302's Year:2012

Posted 14 February 2016 - 05:29 AM

Falcongtho3:

So sorry to hear about this. Glad it only took out one side of your Boss 302 stripes, but it leaves me curious as to why that happened at all. Was it several miles of road construction at 55 MPH?

Replacing the L/S fender hockey stripe, and the L/S door stripe must be expensive, didn't look it up but the parts & labor cost must be what? $1,200USD?

I detailed Miss Kona in December 2015 and happened to notice 2 very small chips, (for lack of a better word), out of two different stripes. Not enough to replace them yet, and like you many of us here take great car of our Boss 302's to keep them in showroom new condition. So I certainly understand your need to replace the damaged stripes regardless of the cost. On the other hand, Wifie? Not so much!

If possible can you post a few pics of the damaged stripes? As for my 2 small stripe chips, this only occurred during the fall of 2015 and it makes me wonder if age and perhaps UV exposure, (?), over the years takes a toll on our stripes making them more brittle?

Not sure about that, but I am sure that the OEM Boss 302 stripe kit is super expensive to replace. I guess the high cost prevents GT to Boss conversions!

Thank you for posting this alert. Are there any other Members here who have experienced increased stripe wear and tear damage as our cars begin to age?

Let us know and thanks in advance for posting.
302 Hi Pro

Edited by 302 Hi Pro, 14 February 2016 - 07:51 AM.

2012 KB Boss 302 MC: 500A | Boss Production Line Assembly Number 2800. Vehicle Special Ordered with Recaro Sport Seats & 3.73:1 Torsen Option | Engine: FRPP 84.5MM TB, Peterson CJ Vent Can, TracKey Activated, AirAid CF PJ CAI, FRPP 84.5MM TB | Drivetrain: AE 4.0" Aluminum DS, MGW Gen 3 Race Spec Shifter, GT500 Clutch Pedal Box, FRPP Stainless Clutch Line, Dedicated Clutch Fluid Reservoir, FRPP Trans Cooler Scoop. | Exhaust: Silver Ceramic Kooks Super Street Headers, MagnaFlow Street/Comp 3.0" SS CB X-Pipe System, Open Kooks SS Boss Side Pipes. | Suspension: FRPP "T" Springs (alternate Steeda Boss Rear Springs), Koni Sports (Yellow) Adjustable Struts/Shocks, Steeda HD Camber Plates, Cortex Watts Link, Steeda Billet KB Poly/Spherical LCA's, KB LCA Relo Brkts, Steeda Adj. UCA & Energy Suspension Sys. Upper Diff Housing Bush, OEM Boss Rear Sway Bar | FRPP GT500 Forged wheels, (19X9.0 F & 19X10.0" R) | Brakes: FRPP Boss 302 Cooling Duct Kit, Steeda SS/Kevlar Brake Lines, GT500 13.8" Rear Rotors, GT500 Rear Brake Pads, Dot 4 Motul 600 HT Fluid | Body: FRPP Boss 302S Grill, FRPP Boss 302 LS Front Splitter, FRPP GT500 Rear Spoiler & Serviceable Gurney Strip, BFR Front Tow Hook, Jacking Plates, 3M Window Tint, (35/20), OEM Boss 302 Floor Mats & Boss 302 Car Cover, Pioneer TS-D6802R Speaker System, Auto Dim, Home Link & Compass Mirror. Notes: Current Intake System - Ram Air thru Front Grill Fog Light, OEM CAI Box and AEM Aluminum Intake Tube with Drop-In High Flow Filter. In Testing Spring 2016. SCT-X4 Tuner used exclusively for Data-Logging AFR/Timing Curves Only. FRPP TracKey is Preferred PCM Tune.

#5 TMSBOSS

TMSBOSS

Experienced Boss Owner

• Great Lakes Region
  • 927 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 February 2016 - 06:05 AM

At $1200.00 for less than a full side of stripes.  I would have to get an estimate for painting the stripes on before I replaced too many.

Blackhawk13-40.jpg

#6 Tl9437

Tl9437

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 115 posts
  • Region:Canada, Central
  • Current Vehicle:Mustang
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 February 2016 - 07:12 AM

I had to have my 2013 re-striped last year as they were falling apart. Probably got lucky to have it done under warranty. When you get 2013 stripes installed, make sure they are careful when using the plastic straight edge to squeeze out air bubbles, as the 2013 are reflective and actually has that material printed on and pressing to hard will leave marks in the stripe.

Levittown Ford offers the complete set of 2013 LS stripes for about $1800.

Same price for the standard 13 Boss, except they don't include the hood side stripes. They are about $600 more.

Edited by Tl9437, 14 February 2016 - 07:13 AM.

2013 Boss 302 #2334 and #482 in Race Red, Recaros with Torsen, Cover and Floor Mats, Roush Exhaust, Borla Resonator Delete Mid Pipes, JLT Oil Separators, 2014 GT500 13.8" Rear Brakes, BMR LCA, Roush Cold Air Intake, Laguna Seca Transmission Cooler, Red Shifter Knob, Blowfish Bracket.

2003 Mach 1 in Torch Red

1975 GMC Truck Restored and Hot Rodded(Dad bought this truck brand new)

#7 falcongtho3

falcongtho3

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 10:25 AM

Mine isn't a L/S, what I meant was it was only the left side that took damage. The stretch of road was about 2 miles, and the speed limit there is 45 mph. The car is 3 years old, but I bought it with low miles and it was stored much of the first 2 1/2 years of its life. If you g on fordparts.com and get a price on teh stripes, which make the two part numbers I have about $800.

On another unrelated, but equally frustrating matter, the leading edge of the hood on the drivers side seems to have paint either bubbling or something underneath it bubbling. Has anyone heard of this issue and is there a recall or TBS that anyone is aware of? For a low mileage, top of the line car, it sure is becoming a high maintenance frustration. This is on top of doors that won't open on the first pull when unlocked and the usual shifter frustration.

Edited by falcongtho3, 14 February 2016 - 12:50 PM.

2013 Boss 302 #2950

#8 LSECO

LSECO

LSECO

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 3,434 posts
  • Region:U.S., Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss 302 L S # 482 blk/red
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 February 2016 - 03:06 PM

That road should be called : "Stripe-Delete"

I imagine our Race-Red stripes on our '12 LS cost just as much - and ours are non-reflective to boot.

Hence, NO GROCERY 'GETTEN in this ride. A door ding could mandate replacement !!
<p><p> 2012 LAGUNA SECA Black/Race Red: The FIRST year of the RETURN of the Boss 302, (Gen.II) Road-Race ready.
L O - J A C K theft recovery system.
Pedestal wing with GT-500 Gurney flap,modified fr. splitter.Halon fire extinguisher.Cervini ram air hood w/heat extractors. Recaro racing seats, race red rear seat delete brace bar,4pt.race red seatbelts and harness bar,r.r. front splitter adj.rods,r.r.coil covers and r.r.shock tower brace.LS race gauge pack.FRPP race brake cooling ducts, Motul 600 race brake fluid, FRPP trans cooling scoop, AEM intake tube kit, oil catch can-pass side only, FRPP TRACKEY,SilverHorse gas filler lid.MMD satin black tail light surrounds,MMD Carbon fiber wrapped hood gas struts, projector headlights w/sequential turn signals and emergencies,rear brake/emergencies sequencers.CSI protective smoke head light covers-daytime use only, satin black LS faux gas cap.Honeycomb ELEANOR grill w/hidden LED HALO fogs,honeycomb front lower grill,limo tint on rear glass ONLY,LED interior, license plate, and trunk lighting, satin silver billet e-brake handle, mirror adj.knob ,shifter ball,rear seatbelt mounting covers.Eibach Sportline road racing lowering springs(installed by Eibach), FRPP 1pc. aluminium drive shaft,Bama "tunes for life", Kooks long tube headers,Kooks cat delete offroad X-pipe,resonator delete over axle pipes,On-3-Go muffler deletes.
Custom smoke/nickel chrome, LIGHTWEIGHT 19X10 wheels-295×30×19 fronts-295x30x19 rears w/Hoosier R6 tyres for spirited driving, Pirelli P Zero Corsa tires on stock RED rims for inclement monsoon weather, Carbotech brake pads, race red Brembo calipers,FRPP GT500 rear rotors conversion, MGW Race spec.III shifter,Whiteline trans mount bushing, J&M adjustable panhard bar.Dual clutch transmission fluids,

(just a SMIDGEON of mods compared to most of "MY BOSSBROS") All LS take-off parts are packaged up..... There is no such thing as a "REGULAR" Boss !!   :rockon:   

#9 LSECO

LSECO

LSECO

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 3,434 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 February 2016 - 03:14 PM

That road should be called : "Stripe-Delete"

I imagine our Race-Red stripes on our '12 LS cost just as much - and ours are non-reflective to boot.

Hence, NO GROCERY 'GETTEN in this ride. A door ding could mandate section of stripes replacement !!

Attached Files

<p><p> 2012 LAGUNA SECA Black/Race Red: The FIRST year of the RETURN of the Boss 302, (Gen.II) Road-Race ready.
Pedestal wing with GT-500 Gurney flap,modified fr. splitter.Halon fire extinguisher.Cervini ram air hood w/heat extractors. Recaro racing seats, race red rear seat delete brace bar,4pt.race red seatbelts and harness bar,r.r. front splitter adj.rods,r.r.coil covers and r.r.shock tower brace.LS race gauge pack.FRPP race brake cooling ducts, Motul 600 race brake fluid, FRPP trans cooling scoop, AEM intake tube kit, oil catch can-pass side only, FRPP TRACKEY,SilverHorse gas filler lid.MMD satin black tail light surrounds,MMD Carbon fiber wrapped hood gas struts, projector headlights w/sequential turn signals and emergencies,rear brake/emergencies sequencers.CSI protective smoke head light covers-daytime use only, satin black LS faux gas cap.Honeycomb ELEANOR grill w/hidden LED HALO fogs,honeycomb front lower grill,limo tint on rear glass ONLY,LED interior, license plate, and trunk lighting, satin silver billet e-brake handle, mirror adj.knob ,shifter ball,rear seatbelt mounting covers.Eibach Sportline road racing lowering springs(installed by Eibach), FRPP 1pc. aluminium drive shaft,Bama "tunes for life", Kooks long tube headers,Kooks cat delete offroad X-pipe,resonator delete over axle pipes,On-3-Go muffler deletes.
Custom smoke/nickel chrome, LIGHTWEIGHT 19X10 wheels-295×30×19 fronts-295x30x19 rears w/Hoosier R6 tyres for spirited driving, Pirelli P Zero Corsa tires on stock RED rims for inclement monsoon weather, Carbotech brake pads, race red Brembo calipers,FRPP GT500 rear rotors conversion, MGW Race spec.III shifter,Whiteline trans mount bushing, J&M adjustable panhard bar.Dual clutch transmission fluids,

(just a SMIDGEON of mods compared to most of "MY BOSSBROS") All LS take-off parts are packaged up..... There is no such thing as a "REGULAR" Boss !!   :rockon:   

#10 falcongtho3

falcongtho3

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 03:18 PM

Here's a shot of the damage. I may have the place who does the work replace only the portions of the striping instead of the entire panels. The upper pinstripe damage on the door continues on past the photo to the front of the rear fenderwell.

Attached Files

2013 Boss 302 #2950

#11 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• 4,334 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 07:16 PM

On another unrelated, but equally frustrating matter, the leading edge of the hood on the drivers side seems to have paint either bubbling or something underneath it bubbling. Has anyone heard of this issue and is there a recall or TBS that anyone is aware of? 

Falcongtho3:

Yes, I have heard of this and it is a known problem.  It is a stamping press problem.  Metal particals from the stamping press mould became embedded in the Aluminum hood mostly along the leading edge of the hood. This metal transfer is now rusting under the paint and is causing the bubles to appear.  Unfortunately, this can not be sanded and refinished as it could return and Ford has replaced many hoods under warranty. but I do not have information on a TSB or other warranty document directing Ford Dealers to replace hoods.

Recommend you go into your Ford Service Department for an inspection and request the hood to be replaced under warranty.  Shame to see this happen.

Here's a shot of the damage. I may have the place who does the work replace only the portions of the striping instead of the entire panels. The upper pinstripe damage on the door continues on past the photo to the front of the rear fenderwell.

This is very strange and not what I expected from reading your suspected cause.  This does not appear to be caused by road debris from your tires as the damage on the front fender stripe is not in the path of debris being throw up on the car from the front tire.   While you're in for the hood inspection, request the stripe to be replaced under warranty as well.   Is it at all possible this damage may have been caused from a high pressure washer at a car wash?

What ever caused this damage most likely caused it from the top down.  On our 2012's, it is all one sticker with clear and white sections. You can see the color blue of my Boss throught the clear section of the tape stripe:

b888d412-95e2-4fdb-8884-bc94e45eb118_zps

It is a solid clear stripe and the white part of it is applied from the under side of the stripe. 

20151006_135957_zpsylzgf3wh.jpg

Ask for Warranty coverage from your Ford Dealer.

302 Hi Pro

2012 KB Boss 302 MC: 500A | Boss Production Line Assembly Number 2800. Vehicle Special Ordered with Recaro Sport Seats & 3.73:1 Torsen Option | Engine: FRPP 84.5MM TB, Peterson CJ Vent Can, TracKey Activated, AirAid CF PJ CAI, FRPP 84.5MM TB | Drivetrain: AE 4.0" Aluminum DS, MGW Gen 3 Race Spec Shifter, GT500 Clutch Pedal Box, FRPP Stainless Clutch Line, Dedicated Clutch Fluid Reservoir, FRPP Trans Cooler Scoop. | Exhaust: Silver Ceramic Kooks Super Street Headers, MagnaFlow Street/Comp 3.0" SS CB X-Pipe System, Open Kooks SS Boss Side Pipes. | Suspension: FRPP "T" Springs (alternate Steeda Boss Rear Springs), Koni Sports (Yellow) Adjustable Struts/Shocks, Steeda HD Camber Plates, Cortex Watts Link, Steeda Billet KB Poly/Spherical LCA's, KB LCA Relo Brkts, Steeda Adj. UCA & Energy Suspension Sys. Upper Diff Housing Bush, OEM Boss Rear Sway Bar | FRPP GT500 Forged wheels, (19X9.0 F & 19X10.0" R) | Brakes: FRPP Boss 302 Cooling Duct Kit, Steeda SS/Kevlar Brake Lines, GT500 13.8" Rear Rotors, GT500 Rear Brake Pads, Dot 4 Motul 600 HT Fluid | Body: FRPP Boss 302S Grill, FRPP Boss 302 LS Front Splitter, FRPP GT500 Rear Spoiler & Serviceable Gurney Strip, BFR Front Tow Hook, Jacking Plates, 3M Window Tint, (35/20), OEM Boss 302 Floor Mats & Boss 302 Car Cover, Pioneer TS-D6802R Speaker System, Auto Dim, Home Link & Compass Mirror. Notes: Current Intake System - Ram Air thru Front Grill Fog Light, OEM CAI Box and AEM Aluminum Intake Tube with Drop-In High Flow Filter. In Testing Spring 2016. SCT-X4 Tuner used exclusively for Data-Logging AFR/Timing Curves Only. FRPP TracKey is Preferred PCM Tune.

#12 LSECO

LSECO

LSECO

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 3,434 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 February 2016 - 07:45 PM

Lucky '12 Bosses have 1 pc. stickers ? - as in no pin stripes - or can you get a pin stripe separately ('13 Bosses) ? Prob. not .

#13 falcongtho3

falcongtho3

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 08:44 PM

The pin stripes are part of the sticker 'assembly', not a separate piece. My thought is that the person doing the re-striping could separate them on the adhesive side. but in answer to what you're saying as far as '12 vs '13 striping, they are not one piece with clear holding everything together, so to speak. My Mach 1s stripes are that way, so I'm with you on that.

As to the cause, I too thought it was from a car wash at first, but I've used the same no-touch wash for nearly 6 months with no issues. It was when I went down the same street a second time and there was more damage to the striping that I came to the conclusion that it was the road work. Also, the same issue has cropped up on the Mach 1 although not as bad and not as expensive as the Boss to fix.

The hood issue is very bothersome, as I've done some research online and Ford won't do anything once out of warranty, and my car went into service November of 2012, so all of my issues are on me.

Edited by falcongtho3, 14 February 2016 - 08:45 PM.

2013 Boss 302 #2950

#14 Rich B.

Rich B.

Not another year gone by?

• Northeast Region
  • 3,486 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:49 AM

The pin stripes are part of the sticker 'assembly', not a separate piece. My thought is that the person doing the re-striping could separate them on the adhesive side. but in answer to what you're saying as far as '12 vs '13 striping, they are not one piece with clear holding everything together, so to speak. My Mach 1s stripes are that way, so I'm with you on that.
As to the cause, I too thought it was from a car wash at first, but I've used the same no-touch wash for nearly 6 months with no issues. It was when I went down the same street a second time and there was more damage to the striping that I came to the conclusion that it was the road work. Also, the same issue has cropped up on the Mach 1 although not as bad and not as expensive as the Boss to fix.

The hood issue is very bothersome, as I've done some research online and Ford won't do anything once out of warranty, and my car went into service November of 2012, so all of my issues are on me.

. Know of this occurring as the hoods are aluminum and steel hardware may be incompatible. Seemed to be more with hood pins and those dissimilar metals in contact with each other.

Road construction can do unbelievable underneath damage also to mufflers, pipes and even damage frame and floor panels. If the right rock(s) catch under wheel can flip up like a tiddlywinks. Think though that anything metal behind tires is fair game to be sandblasted. At least on ME roads as they really lay it down in winter. Boss tires are exceptionally wide to body too.

Edited by Rich B., 15 February 2016 - 06:00 AM.

#15 falcongtho3

falcongtho3

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:53 AM

The dielectric corrosion is a real thing and has been an issue in the aircraft industry. The frustration of what I am seeing is that is it at the leading edge of the hood and apparently where the top and bottom panels are joined. I inspected for damage thinking that may be the case but it looks like it rolled off the showroom as does the rest of the car.

2013 Boss 302 #2950

#16 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• 4,334 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:07 AM

I'm actually trying to arrange the purchase of a 2011 Mustang GT hood from an owner who replaced his hood due to this problem. If I can score this hood cheep enough, I intend to use it as a test hood for installing some kind of hood louvers to relieve some of the engine bay heat.

This hood I bid on has a 3-4" long by 1/2" strip of corrosion along the leading edge of the hood.

We'll see,
302 Hi Pro

#17 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 3,001 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 - 2008 Mercury Mountaineer Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:08 AM

Sorry to see that happen. It's mighty strange looking indeed. That really sucks. 

Let's all remember that under no circumstances should we power wash these cars. I promise, it will remove these stripes. It is also NOT recommended to take this cars through a car wash, brushless or not. 

I did have to replace a small portion of my side stripes on the rear passenger side due to bubbling beneath the stripe. I was fortunate enough to need just that part but had to buy the BOSS 302 Stripes, 2012, Side-Lower, White - Right (Passenger Side) part# CR3Z-6320000-BC - It cost me about $114. I only cut out the part I needed and replaced it myself since it was just a small portion. If you have a bigger section to replace, try a local wrap shop. I was also going to replace my hood striped and have these guys do it for a reasonable price but both shipments I got for the hood stripe came torn and I decided to hold off replacing it. The wrap shop was going to remove and replace for about $125.00. (I got a bit aggressive on a quarter size spot on my hood stripe that took off the semi-gloss but it's not too bad so I'll live with it for the tyme being.)

Attached File  2012 Boss 302 (865).JPG   60.71KB   2 downloadsAttached File  2012 Boss 302 (868).JPG   94.4KB   2 downloads

My car only gets hand washed using the two bucket system. 

• JeffIsHereToo likes this

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Recaro Seats/ Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket / Fire Extinguisher Mount / Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - CoolTech Boss 302 Oil Cooler with T-Stat / 6PT Harness Belts and Clips - Corbeau Harness Bar - Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

Sweet Lorraine - Circa March 2015

#18 mwilson302

mwilson302

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 05:55 PM

Can you tell me how they installed your stripes to not leave makes, I have had the stripes on my 13 replaced and they have to replace them again because there are marks from the installation where they folded them and also marks from the squeegee. The marks are seen when they reflect. Did they install yours Wet or Dry, mine were installed Dry.

Thanks

#19 TMSBOSS

TMSBOSS

Experienced Boss Owner

• Great Lakes Region
  • 927 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:12 PM

Dry??? Ouch.

Stripes. Should be wet to ensure the stripes can be located properly before the fluid is removed. The fluids also lubricates the stripe eliminating the scratches.

God luck with second set.

Blackhawk13-40.jpg

#20 falcongtho3

falcongtho3

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:53 PM

We did a wet install and at no time were the stripes ever folded. We kept them flat and on their shipping cardboard until the last possible minute. The backing paper is a perfect template, Ford really did this well.

2013 Boss 302 #2950

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·