Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

AED tune for street

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Boss #1501

Boss #1501

New Boss 302 Member

• Southeast Region
  • 47 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 04 June 2016 - 09:26 PM

Hi guys. Im wanting yo tune the boss with an AED tune. Ive talked with Shaun Perry but id like to hear from anyone who is currently using an AED tune for street use. I dont track the car. What id like to know is the increase in power/performance noticeable? I dont want to spend 600+$ and be left with a "i think its faster" feeling. I currently have just a few mods. Accufab 84.5mm TB, Airaid PJ CF Intake (using the insert to keep air/ratios) deleted cats and roush axle back. With the Airaid intake would i remove the insert with a tune? Anyway, any feedback on the wether the tune for street is so so or significant in terms of power/performance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone
Richard.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#2 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 2,969 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 - 2008 Mercury Mountaineer Premier
  • Boss 302's Year:2012
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:17 AM

Can't help you with the tune question but you should have it tuned without the Venturi insert you're running on your Airaid CAI. 

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Recaro Seats/ Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket / Fire Extinguisher Mount / Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - CoolTech Boss 302 Oil Cooler with T-Stat / 6PT Harness Belts and Clips - Corbeau Harness Bar - Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

Sweet Lorraine - Circa March 2015

#3 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• 4,334 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2012 KB Boss 302 Mustang
  • Boss 302's Year:2012

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:53 AM

Hi guys.

I currently have just a few mods. Accufab 84.5mm TB, Airaid PJ CF Intake (using the insert to keep air/ratios) deleted cats and roush axle back.
Richard.

Richard:

I see your currently running the OEM Tune with cat deletes. Does this set up cause CEL issues?

302 Hi Pro

2012 KB Boss 302 MC: 500A | Boss Production Line Assembly Number 2800. Vehicle Special Ordered with Recaro Sport Seats & 3.73:1 Torsen Option | Engine: FRPP 84.5MM TB, Peterson CJ Vent Can, TracKey Activated, AirAid CF PJ CAI, FRPP 84.5MM TB | Drivetrain: AE 4.0" Aluminum DS, MGW Gen 3 Race Spec Shifter, GT500 Clutch Pedal Box, FRPP Stainless Clutch Line, Dedicated Clutch Fluid Reservoir, FRPP Trans Cooler Scoop. | Exhaust: Silver Ceramic Kooks Super Street Headers, MagnaFlow Street/Comp 3.0" SS CB X-Pipe System, Open Kooks SS Boss Side Pipes. | Suspension: FRPP "T" Springs (alternate Steeda Boss Rear Springs), Koni Sports (Yellow) Adjustable Struts/Shocks, Steeda HD Camber Plates, Cortex Watts Link, Steeda Billet KB Poly/Spherical LCA's, KB LCA Relo Brkts, Steeda Adj. UCA & Energy Suspension Sys. Upper Diff Housing Bush, OEM Boss Rear Sway Bar | FRPP GT500 Forged wheels, (19X9.0 F & 19X10.0" R) | Brakes: FRPP Boss 302 Cooling Duct Kit, Steeda SS/Kevlar Brake Lines, GT500 13.8" Rear Rotors, GT500 Rear Brake Pads, Dot 4 Motul 600 HT Fluid | Body: FRPP Boss 302S Grill, FRPP Boss 302 LS Front Splitter, FRPP GT500 Rear Spoiler & Serviceable Gurney Strip, BFR Front Tow Hook, Jacking Plates, 3M Window Tint, (35/20), OEM Boss 302 Floor Mats & Boss 302 Car Cover, Pioneer TS-D6802R Speaker System, Auto Dim, Home Link & Compass Mirror. Notes: Current Intake System - Ram Air thru Front Grill Fog Light, OEM CAI Box and AEM Aluminum Intake Tube with Drop-In High Flow Filter. In Testing Spring 2016. SCT-X4 Tuner used exclusively for Data-Logging AFR/Timing Curves Only. FRPP TracKey is Preferred PCM Tune.

#4 Boss #1501

Boss #1501

New Boss 302 Member

• Southeast Region
  • 47 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:34 PM

the CEL comes on occassionally. i have a code reader and just clear it. it wil come if driving at hwy speeds for awhile. this is one of the reasons im considering tuning it. but dont spend several hundred dollars just to turn off a sensor. lol. i bought the car used and the cats were already deleted.

#5 Calif boss302

Calif boss302

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 275 posts
  • Region:U.S., Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss SBY
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 June 2016 - 11:22 AM

I have the AED tune on my stock 2013.  No engine or air intake mods at all with only GT500 Mufflers  The previous owner had the AED tune done by Shaun and delivered the car to me with the stock tune and track key loaded and with a SCT tuner loaded with the AED tune.

I drove the car for about 8 months with mostly just the Red Key.  Then last summer I emailed Shaun and we chatted about the tune.  Shaun remember the previous Owner from Oklahoma (member here) and walked me through the upload and what to expect.  Here is my "seat of the pants" impression:

The AED tune is just below the Red Key in terms of track performance.  The car is much easier to drive than with the Red Key.  The Red Key has much more engine braking which I found annoying for street driving.  The Red Key lopey idle was not for me.  The car accelerates much smoother and more linear with the AED tune.  The mid range especially just pulls and pulls.  The exhaust sound is amazing.  While not lopey idle, it is much better with the AED tune.  Nice rumble on deceleration without the car pulling back from engine braking.

Now granted all this is "seat of the pants" as I have not dyno'd the car.  While I don't believe you will see any significant HP or Torque gains from the tune alone, you should see drivability gains and a smoother power throughout the RPM range.  At least I did.

The best part about the AED is you can data log your car and Shaun will adjust the tune accordingly.  I have yet to do this though. 

For me the Red Key was too aggressive for a weekend driver.  If I was going to the track the car, then the Red Key would be perfect as it was intended.  The AED tune (for me) is the perfect blend of performance and drivability for my weekend canyon carver.  Shaun is about 3 hours away from me, and at some point I will drive up to him for an upgrade and to meet the guy.  I have not heard of anyone unhappy with AED tune or Shaun on any forum.

You should be able to get your tune tailored for your mods, and see some nice gains.

Good luck . . .

Edited by Calif boss302, 07 June 2016 - 06:23 PM.

• TymeSlayer and 302 Hi Pro like this

2013 Boss 302 #0236
Suspension:  Steeda Boss Springs, Steeda Panhard Bar, Steeda Panhard Bar Brace, FRPP Relo Bracket, FRPP LCA

Rims / Tires: Forgestar F14s Gunmetal, 19x9.5, 19x10, Pirelli Pzero 255/40-19, 285/40-19

Transmission: MGW Shifter and Blowfish Racing Bracket, XL-18 Additive
Engine: AED Tune, JLT Oil Separator, Sound Tube Delete, Redline Hood Struts.
Interior / Exterior:  Valentine One, Blendmount mirror mount, Stub Antenna, and a Unicorn

#6 GaryA

GaryA

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 51 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Race Red Boss 302 #2787
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 February 2017 - 12:47 PM

Calif boss302, have you been over to see Shaun yet? I was intrigued by your posts I too would like a one key solution somewhere between the silver and red keys. Do you need to revert back to stock tune for smog checks? I only live two hours away from AED and am considering a dyno tune on my stock Boss except of Corsa Extreme axle backs.
  • Rich B. likes this

#7 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,449 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:14 AM

Have the Trackey and Corsa Xtreme mufflers. Just me, but I don't find the TK that aggressive and it is 50 state legal so can't be that advanced. The lopey idle feature can be shut off with those also. I would go with an advancement at least equal with TK but not so much that it would be an emissions issue.... It is a Boss 302, now my Buick is a different attitude.Attached File  image.jpeg   182.9KB   0 downloads

Edited by Rich B., 14 February 2017 - 05:17 AM.

#8 GaryA

GaryA

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 51 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Race Red Boss 302 #2787
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:44 PM

Rich B, the lopey idle is the part of TK I like the best! Being an old time wrench like yourself, it takes me back to the 60's with all the fuel-rich goodness that went with high lift/long duration cams and overly jetted carbs. M-mmm- can almost smell it and my eyes are starting to tear up.
  • 302 Hi Pro and Rich B. like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·