Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2013 Yellow School Bus

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 GotGrunt

GotGrunt

New Boss 302 Member

• Northeast Region
  • 50 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:15 PM

That car was a wreck once, I'm sure about that. Some time between you owning it and the appearance in Germany.

Do you have any facts to prove your statement? If not, its not right to tarnish the cars history based on conjecture. I traded it in on 6/29/16 and it was already for sale on the dealers lot in Germany on 12/17/16 as per this thread. Thats a little over 5 months. Now factor in the time it took for the NY dealer to find a buyer and complete the transaction. I distinctly remember seeing it on their website inventory for at least 2 weeks after trade in. Also factor in shipping time & customs delays getting it to Lithuania and then to Germany. That leaves very little time for a car to get wrecked and repaired back to like new condition as per the OP. Im not saying it isnt possible but it is highly unlikely. FWIW, were talking about 2013 SBY Boss #1892 here, VIN 1ZVBP8CU4D5248985 in case you have it confused with another car.

Edited by GotGrunt, 12 December 2017 - 05:35 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#22 Rich B.

Rich B.

Not another year gone by?

• Northeast Region
  • 3,648 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:42 PM

Myself I couldn't say either way on any of them, don't follow histories close or at all. The only question(s) is/are there has to be Bosses that have seen hurricane, flood or accident damage. Well you hear about the horror stories and wonder why a car would be shipped overseas to sell? Can see if somebody made a special purchase and it was sent over but to spend extra Euros to send there and then sell when top dollar could be attained in U.S., without changing continents?

Have enough trouble simply keeping one around, am sure all bought and sold are exactly what's stated. Makes no difference to me either way, interesting topic.

Edited by Rich B., 12 December 2017 - 06:43 PM.

#23 GotGrunt

GotGrunt

New Boss 302 Member

• Northeast Region
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:13 PM

Myself I couldn't say either way on any of them, don't follow histories close or at all. The only question(s) is/are there has to be Bosses that have seen hurricane, flood or accident damage. Well you hear about the horror stories and wonder why a car would be shipped overseas to sell? Can see if somebody made a special purchase and it was sent over but to spend extra Euros to send there and then sell when top dollar could be attained in U.S., without changing continents?
Have enough trouble simply keeping one around, am sure all bought and sold are exactly what's stated. Makes no difference to me either way, interesting topic.

I hear what you are saying but Ill reiterate the fact that the car was never wrecked prior to or during my ownership and 5 months after trade-in the car was for sale in Germany. You can not have a total loss, send the car overseas, restore it back to like new condition and have it ready to sell in that short of a time frame. It just doesnt make sense. I have all the paperwork from the dealer to back up the date the car was traded in.

I dont have a dog in this fight and could care less either way but like I said, its not right to make assumptions just because it was shipped to Europe. The US market is flooded with these cars, especially the time I traded it in. The resale values were tanking after the release of the GT350. They are much rarer overseas and quite possibly sell for top dollar there. Supply and demand. Plus the car was SBY with Recaros and low mileage in mint condition.

Again, not saying its impossible, but highly unlikely. If anyone can prove the car was wrecked, I will gladly eat crow. I would love to hear from the new owner of the car and see what he/she has to say about it.
  • Rich B. likes this

#24 Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:41 AM

Roger that, certainly concur with reasoning. Just satisfying to know the why of everything, cars in general on back burner lol.

Edited by Rich B., 13 December 2017 - 04:50 AM.

#25 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 3,125 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4 SuperCrew FX4 - 2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302
  • Boss 302's Year:2012
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:42 AM

The US market is flooded with these cars, especially the time I traded it in. 

Not sure how accurate this statement is but not matter what, due to the low production of these cars, "flooded" is a poor choice of words. 

One other note is that five months is plenty of tyme to get the car prepped for sale. If you ever watch these shows on Velocity, you'll see some of these guys do it in weeks, depending on the damage. Nonetheless, GotGrunt could be correct because not every car that goes overseas has been wrecked. A close inspection by an expert would be in order. 

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Recaro Seats/ Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket / Fire Extinguisher Mount / Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - CoolTech Boss 302 Oil Cooler with T-Stat / 6PT Harness Belts and Clips - Corbeau Harness Bar - Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

Sweet Lorraine - Circa March 2015

#26 GotGrunt

GotGrunt

New Boss 302 Member

• Northeast Region
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:22 AM

Not sure how accurate this statement is but not matter what, due to the low production of these cars, "flooded" is a poor choice of words.

In the grand scheme of things, 3500+ units (2013 non-LS) can be considered low production but these are still fairly new cars and there are plenty of them floating around. A year and a half ago when I was trying to sell mine, the market was saturated with them. Ebay had 2 full pages of Boss 302s for sale at any given time. It was the same with the all the internet classifieds & forums. Everybody was in a frenzy to upgrade to the newly released GT350. I ended up trading it in because trying to find a buyer, especially at top dollar, was going to take a long time.

One other note is that five months is plenty of tyme to get the car prepped for sale. If you ever watch these shows on Velocity, you'll see some of these guys do it in weeks, depending on the damage. Nonetheless, GotGrunt could be correct because not every car that goes overseas has been wrecked. A close inspection by an expert would be in order.

Those TV shows are hardly based on reality! Were not talking repairing a parking lot fender bender here. Repairing a total loss back to like new condition would take way more than a few weeks, especially at a reputable (ie. busy) repair shop. Also, lets not forget that the car has a clean carfax. Yes, there are ways around that but I doubt someone is going to take a bath repairing it out of pocket or selling it crashed without an insurance payout. The only feasible way this scenario could play out is if the dealer wrecked the car on their property without a police report, and then sold it unrepaired. Again, the timeframe says otherwise.

#27 guillaume69

guillaume69

French Boss Owner

• European Region
  • 529 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • Current Vehicle:2013 GB Boss 302 and 1969 GT Sportsroof 351W

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:12 AM

Nonetheless, GotGrunt could be correct because not every car that goes overseas has been wrecked. 

Thank God for that!!! LOL

G
  • TymeSlayer likes this

2013 Grabber Blue Boss 302 (#789)

1969 Acapulco Blue GT Sportsroof - 351 W

#28 ZeroGER

ZeroGER

New Boss 302 Member

• European Region
  • 69 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Mustang Boss 302 Kona Blue

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:01 PM

Do you have any facts to prove your statement? If not, its not right to tarnish the cars history based on conjecture. I traded it in on 6/29/16 and it was already for sale on the dealers lot in Germany on 12/17/16 as per this thread. Thats a little over 5 months. Now factor in the time it took for the NY dealer to find a buyer and complete the transaction. I distinctly remember seeing it on their website inventory for at least 2 weeks after trade in. Also factor in shipping time & customs delays getting it to Lithuania and then to Germany. That leaves very little time for a car to get wrecked and repaired back to like new condition as per the OP. Im not saying it isnt possible but it is highly unlikely. FWIW, were talking about 2013 SBY Boss #1892 here, VIN 1ZVBP8CU4D5248985 in case you have it confused with another car.

The photos shown on the auction showed more than one indicator that the offered car was a wreck. The dealer itself is almost exclusively selling salvage cars built "up" in Latvia.

However, I will grant that the VIN may not have been from the car shown, but yours. It would fit the dealer to auction a wreck with a clean VIN from another car.

• GotGrunt likes this

#29 ZeroGER

ZeroGER

New Boss 302 Member

• European Region
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:06 PM

Nonetheless, GotGrunt could be correct because not every car that goes overseas has been wrecked. A close inspection by an expert would be in order. 

Well over 50% of what is auctioned in Germany (S197 chassis) was rebuilt in east europe. National TV has shown more than one documentation about this. It always saddens me to welcome another new member in (one of) the german Mustang forums who bought a Mustang before reading about carfax and how to check for a possible wreckage, only to tell him he was framed.

#30 ZeroGER

ZeroGER

New Boss 302 Member

• European Region
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:09 PM

I dont have a dog in this fight and could care less either way but like I said, its not right to make assumptions just because it was shipped to Europe.

Carfax will not say shipped to Europe, it will tell the Country. Can you think of a reason why a car should be exported to Latvia instead of Germany/Hamburg, Germany/Bremerhaven or at least Netherlands/Rotterdam? I have found only one reason for this.

#31 GotGrunt

GotGrunt

New Boss 302 Member

• Northeast Region
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:25 PM

The photos shown on the auction showed more than one indicator that the offered car was a wreck. The dealer itself is almost exclusively selling salvage cars built "up" in Latvia.

However, I will grant that the VIN may not have been from the car shown, but yours. It would fit the dealer to auction a wreck with a clean VIN from another car.

I wonder if the OP verified the VIN on the car as being the same as the one listed in the auction. Someone with a carfax account should run the VIN and see if it was indeed shipped overseas or if that dealer was just using a random SBY Boss VIN he came across online because it had a clean history.

Carfax will not say shipped to Europe, it will tell the Country. Can you think of a reason why a car should be exported to Latvia instead of Germany/Hamburg, Germany/Bremerhaven or at least Netherlands/Rotterdam? I have found only one reason for this.

You may be right as Im not an expert on this matter, but again its not fair to assume every single car shipped to Latvia is a wrecked car needing rebuilding.

#32 guillaume69

guillaume69

French Boss Owner

• European Region
  • 529 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 GB Boss 302 and 1969 GT Sportsroof 351W

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:11 AM

ZeroGer has a point here.

There is a notorious traffic where wrecked cars with salvage titles are shipped from the US to Eastern Europe, are completely rebuilt there and exported a couple months later to Western Europe where they are sold as if they had never been wrecked. The job is done well, but they do not tell the truth to the poorly informed buyers and prices are those of unwrecked cars. Thats how they make a profit.

Usually, problems start when the car gets to our equivalents of EPA for homologation tests. Thats where they find out about the wreckage and car is likely to fail the tests. Which means no title.

It happened to someone I know in my area. He spent 4 years in court to finally get his 2012 Kona Blue Boss titled. He had paid 50k for it... The dealer selling it was French but had imported the car from... Latvia. Hes the one who got screwed, but when he failed repeatedly to get the car titled, he simply let his buyer down. He lost in court.

When you ship a car from the US to France, for instance, it gets off the ship in Le Havre, Marseille, or sometimes in Hamburg.

But never in Latvia...

G

Edited by guillaume69, 04 January 2018 - 04:16 AM.

2013 Grabber Blue Boss 302 (#789)

1969 Acapulco Blue GT Sportsroof - 351 W

#33 Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:38 AM

On a learning curve here myself. But would imagine there would be a few telltale hints somewheres like inside trunk, fitting of interior panels, especially wiring configurations under hood or dash and dash fitment itself. Now what about the windshield? How many resto shops will replace OEM windshield with another that has Mustang horse silhouette across top?

In some instances may even be reassembled at higher quality standard than actual first assembly. Meaning as Ford, out to meet production quotas as #1 priority. Perhaps with the second time around the underside was redone with a top-end rust undercoating or sound deadner? I don't care for my underside at all with just a skimpy primer coat(s); how well will this hold up long term for the snow storm racers (not me).

Yes, the biggest problem is the dishonesty that takes place, happens in U.S. all the time and bet we've all been there with buying used! I'll admit I have, when you lift up the front carpeting to run some harnesses and find shards of safety glass missed by a vac. This was a flawless car we had a few years already lol. Never will buy used these days, I'll pay the way too high first buyer fees.

Even cars at dealerships coming off the trailers brand new will have some dents and dings sometimes. Do you thing they get sent back to Ford? Nope, a quick dent removal wash and wax.... No one's the wiser, this is actual. Wife when she worked time to time at a Ford dealership no less saw this countless times. So the joke is still on myself even now a days:)

Also have viewed footage of Ford assembly plant itself doing minor repairs to body shells damaged before final stages of assembly. What you know nothing of won't hurt too much.

Edited by Rich B., 04 January 2018 - 05:57 AM.

• GotGrunt likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·