Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dynoed the boss today

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 GHIGBoss302

GHIGBoss302

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 73 posts
  • Region:Other
  • Current Vehicle:GHIG Boss 302
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:09 AM

Please do share some vids if you can. 

Some videos for your pleasure.

2013 GHIG Boss 302 

Mods just a few:

Steeda CAI

Tuners inc= custom tune

Kooks shorty headers

No cats

2013 gt500 cat back 

blowfish racing shifter bracket

DSS one piece driveshaft

2013 gt500 cooling fan

mcleod RST twin disk clutch w/2013 gt500 master cyl.

Ford racing clutch line

13.8 gt500 rear disks and adapter brackets(so i can run stock brakes during race season)

steeda boss springs

Fully adjustable UPR rear suspension 

447rwhp -392rwtq

11.6@119 best 1/4 to date

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#42 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 2,872 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 - 2008 Mercury Mountaineer Premier
  • Boss 302's Year:2012
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:44 AM

Excellent driving. Great to see you beat the POS Chevys. You're quick off the line bud. Thanks for sharing. 

• GHIGBoss302 likes this

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket/Fire Extinguisher Mount/Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - CoolTech Boss 302 Oil Cooler -  Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Boss 302 Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

Sweet Lorraine - Circa March 2015
Sweet Lorraine - Circa September 2015

#43 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• 4,330 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2012 KB Boss 302 Mustang

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:04 AM

Sorry have not been on much been playing with the boss on the dyno and track..For those with the accufab 84.5 tbody . I dynoed with and without it.. I GAINED 2rwhp with the stock tbody compared to the 84.5.. And the custom tune hated the accufab even with tweaks (street driving issue ,none at WOT).

After getting some street miles on the clutch and getting her broken in. Drag radials are waste if you want the potential of this car at the track, i dropped the drag radials and went to a full on bias slick because a heavier car with a stick needs a little cushion on the hit... Because she needs a high rpm  launch(which is actually softer with slicks than drag radials). With a crap track , local streets have better traction. Launching at anything over 3300 even the slicks wont bite in this car. Best time is 11.6 @119.2 so far with a best 60ft of a 1.5 60ft. If i can get to a track that actually preps then get  to launch her at 5500+ like my tuner runs his boss at she should be 11.0 easy.

I shift @7800 with a redline of 8000. She has gained a lot of respect at the local track because she is running these times with min mods( steeda CAI, custom tune,shorty kooks headers, no cats ,gt500 catback). I have lots of videos of the track runs. She has some nice kills at the track.

GHIGBoss302:

Best time is 11.6 @119.2 so far with a best 60ft of a 1.5 60ft.

Nice! Great RT's and 60' ET. Pulling 11.6 ET in the quarter is a serious quarter mile time! Great drive and loved seeing you pilot your 2013 Boss 302 to victory over the new Corvette. I'll bet he's still shaking his head!

Thanks so much for posting and please post more Race Vids and Time Slips in out "Tuning 1/4 Mile Drag Racing Boss 302's" thread.

PS: Thanks for the tip on proper race rubber.

302 Hi Pro
  • GHIGBoss302 likes this

2012 KB Boss 302 MC: 500A | Boss Production Line Assembly Number 2800. Vehicle Special Ordered with Recaro Sport Seats & 3.73:1 Torsen Option | Engine: FRPP 84.5MM TB, Peterson CJ Vent Can, TracKey Activated, AirAid CF PJ CAI, FRPP 84.5MM TB | Drivetrain: AE 4.0" Aluminum DS, MGW Gen 3 Race Spec Shifter, GT500 Clutch Pedal Box, FRPP Stainless Clutch Line, Dedicated Clutch Fluid Reservoir, FRPP Trans Cooler Scoop. | Exhaust: Silver Ceramic Kooks Super Street Headers, MagnaFlow Street/Comp 3.0" SS CB X-Pipe System, Open Kooks SS Boss Side Pipes. | Suspension: FRPP "T" Springs (alternate Steeda Boss Rear Springs), Koni Sports (Yellow) Adjustable Struts/Shocks, Steeda HD Camber Plates, Cortex Watts Link, Steeda Billet KB Poly/Spherical LCA's, KB LCA Relo Brkts, Steeda Adj. UCA & Energy Suspension Sys. Upper Diff Housing Bush, OEM Boss Rear Sway Bar | FRPP GT500 Forged wheels, (19X9.0 F & 19X10.0" R) | Brakes: FRPP Boss 302 Cooling Duct Kit, Steeda SS/Kevlar Brake Lines, GT500 13.8" Rear Rotors, GT500 Rear Brake Pads, Dot 4 Motul 600 HT Fluid | Body: FRPP Boss 302S Grill, FRPP Boss 302 LS Front Splitter, FRPP GT500 Rear Spoiler & Serviceable Gurney Strip, BFR Front Tow Hook, Jacking Plates, 3M Window Tint, (35/20), OEM Boss 302 Floor Mats & Boss 302 Car Cover, Pioneer TS-D6802R Speaker System, Auto Dim, Home Link & Compass Mirror. Notes: Current Intake System - Ram Air thru Front Grill Fog Light, OEM CAI Box and AEM Aluminum Intake Tube with Drop-In High Flow Filter. In Testing Spring 2016. SCT-X4 Tuner used exclusively for Data-Logging AFR/Timing Curves Only. FRPP TracKey is Preferred PCM Tune.

#44 GHIGBoss302

GHIGBoss302

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:21 PM

Excellent driving. Great to see you beat the POS Chevys. You're quick off the line bud. Thanks for sharing. 

No problem. There are some quick chevys here. Ill give them props but its the ones that buy a fast car and cant drive it that kills me.. Example friday night a guy with a ACR viper was at the track running 17s..finally got it into the 13s by the end of the night.

Ive killed a zr1 camaro ,hellcat and a few other "poweradder " cars that couldnt drive them and they keep telling me im hiding something.lmao

• 302 Hi Pro and Rich B. like this

2013 GHIG Boss 302 

Mods just a few:

Steeda CAI

Tuners inc= custom tune

Kooks shorty headers

No cats

2013 gt500 cat back 

DSS one piece driveshaft

2013 gt500 cooling fan

Ford racing clutch line

13.8 gt500 rear disks and adapter brackets(so i can run stock brakes during race season)

steeda boss springs

447rwhp -392rwtq

#45 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,295 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:13 PM

I find the 2HP gain with the stock TB over the Accufab of interest. Could this be why Ford selected 80MM over 84.5MM? So of coarse I bought one, but not installed yet. It's the first I've heard a reversal gain comparison, all that have made this change claim better throttle response and maybe a few with minor gains even.

Reminds me of the TB spacer question awhile back. No real answer ever found yet if those help or hinder. Hope to see more discussion on both topics.

Edited by Rich B., 16 April 2017 - 04:14 PM.

#46 GHIGBoss302

GHIGBoss302

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:21 PM

I find the 2HP gain with the stock TB over the Accufab of interest. Could this be why Ford selected 80MM over 84.5MM? So of coarse I bought one, but not installed yet. It's the first I've heard a reversal gain comparison, all that have made this change claim better throttle response and maybe a few with minor gains even.

Reminds me of the TB spacer question awhile back. No real answer ever found yet if those help or hinder. Hope to see more discussion on both topics.

The 84.5 FELT better than the stocker. But after talking with my tuner. The best way to explain it is because the 84.5 is moving more air at the same points as the 80mm. But the CAR doesnt know where the extra air is coming from and it throws off the torque loads in the pcm calculations for air /fuel. Even with a retune there are no gains with the 84.5 over the stocker. I even called accufab because i would get a wrench light sometimes and lose throttle body control. They dont even offer a base set of numbers for the tbody. For ANY tuner to calculate the air flow.. They said just put it on a dyno and get it retuned and it will be fine. 

Look at the gt350 it runs a 85mm tbody stock and they make roughly 450+rwhp stock.. 

• Rich B. likes this

2013 GHIG Boss 302 

Mods just a few:

Steeda CAI

Tuners inc= custom tune

Kooks shorty headers

No cats

2013 gt500 cat back 

DSS one piece driveshaft

2013 gt500 cooling fan

Ford racing clutch line

steeda boss springs

447rwhp -392rwtq

#47 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• 4,330 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 KB Boss 302 Mustang

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:51 PM

I'm thinking the GT350 runs an 87MM TB?

2HP

2012 KB Boss 302 MC: 500A | Boss Production Line Assembly Number 2800. Vehicle Special Ordered with Recaro Sport Seats & 3.73:1 Torsen Option | Engine: FRPP 84.5MM TB, Peterson CJ Vent Can, TracKey Activated, AirAid CF PJ CAI, FRPP 84.5MM TB | Drivetrain: AE 4.0" Aluminum DS, MGW Gen 3 Race Spec Shifter, GT500 Clutch Pedal Box, FRPP Stainless Clutch Line, Dedicated Clutch Fluid Reservoir, FRPP Trans Cooler Scoop. | Exhaust: Silver Ceramic Kooks Super Street Headers, MagnaFlow Street/Comp 3.0" SS CB X-Pipe System, Open Kooks SS Boss Side Pipes. | Suspension: FRPP "T" Springs (alternate Steeda Boss Rear Springs), Koni Sports (Yellow) Adjustable Struts/Shocks, Steeda HD Camber Plates, Cortex Watts Link, Steeda Billet KB Poly/Spherical LCA's, KB LCA Relo Brkts, Steeda Adj. UCA & Energy Suspension Sys. Upper Diff Housing Bush, OEM Boss Rear Sway Bar | FRPP GT500 Forged wheels, (19X9.0 F & 19X10.0" R) | Brakes: FRPP Boss 302 Cooling Duct Kit, Steeda SS/Kevlar Brake Lines, GT500 13.8" Rear Rotors, GT500 Rear Brake Pads, Dot 4 Motul 600 HT Fluid | Body: FRPP Boss 302S Grill, FRPP Boss 302 LS Front Splitter, FRPP GT500 Rear Spoiler & Serviceable Gurney Strip, BFR Front Tow Hook, Jacking Plates, 3M Window Tint, (35/20), OEM Boss 302 Floor Mats & Boss 302 Car Cover, Pioneer TS-D6802R Speaker System, Auto Dim, Home Link & Compass Mirror. Notes: Current Intake System - Ram Air thru Front Grill Fog Light, OEM CAI Box and AEM Aluminum Intake Tube with Drop-In High Flow Filter. In Testing Spring 2016. SCT-X4 Tuner used exclusively for Data-Logging AFR/Timing Curves Only. FRPP TracKey is Preferred PCM Tune.

#48 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,295 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:30 AM

Thanks on your findings and the why of it all GHIGB302, good reasoning why Ford chose the 80MM TB. They must of done extensive research on this for their selections. Won't be upsizing my intake and also the information confirms the better response feel with the larger TB per all other findings.

Don't believe I would of invested in the Accufab at this point with these additional findings. Now I can't imagine the problems one could be facing with the 90MM TB? Have never read anything good there at all. Did know with carburation that those can be overkill, it's everything different is still the same.

I ask many questions with not so many answers. It's why I'm on here for information and keep the ball rolling, seems aside from my Corvette (wasn't new) I didn't do much keeping up on things; just had daily drivers- Back and forth to work.

#49 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 2,872 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 - 2008 Mercury Mountaineer Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:28 AM

I'm thinking the GT350 runs an 87MM TB?

2HP

I believe this to be correct. Stock on the GT350 is 87mm.

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket/Fire Extinguisher Mount/Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - CoolTech Boss 302 Oil Cooler -  Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Boss 302 Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

Sweet Lorraine - Circa March 2015
Sweet Lorraine - Circa September 2015

#50 GHIGBoss302

GHIGBoss302

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:49 PM

Yeah i was off a couple mm on the gt350. but either was a couple mm isnt a show stopper . Not saying the 84.5 is bad it looks great ,but not worth the money spent. Im just posting my results. It make be better on a mildly stock car . That i dont know.  

Considering MMFF dynoed and moddied a 2102 boss when it was new. It made 440rwhp 387rwtq with a CAI,tune,Kooks long tubes and off road Hpipe and catback. im pretty happy with my results with min mods. ..

If the track is good tomorrow night. And she doesnt hook and aim for a wall again. I hope to get some better times lol.. 

• TymeSlayer and 302 Hi Pro like this

2013 GHIG Boss 302 

Mods just a few:

Steeda CAI

Tuners inc= custom tune

Kooks shorty headers

No cats

2013 gt500 cat back 

DSS one piece driveshaft

2013 gt500 cooling fan

Ford racing clutch line

steeda boss springs

447rwhp -392rwtq

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·