Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Max braking G-force?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TK6

TK6

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 24 posts
  • Region:U.S., Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 BOSS 302 SBY
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:04 PM

I'm pretty sure my Boss still has the stock pads/discs and so far, I'm not overly impressed with the performance.  The initial cold bite is not very strong and even when warmed up, overall braking performance seems low.  I did try a couple hard stops from about 60 mph when the Track Apps was active and the best braking G-force I recorded was .97 Gs.  Granted, it was only about 50 degrees out, so tire grip was not very good.  (New Goodyear Supercar F1 tires in stock sizes.)  I'm just wondering what others have seen as their max braking G force, as recorded with Track Apps?

Thanks in advance,

TK6

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#2 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• 4,348 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2012 KB Boss 302 Mustang
  • Boss 302's Year:2012

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:45 PM

Good question.

I have the 2012 LS Guage Pack and will have to look at my negitive G force when braking. Still have OEM pads and rotors but I did improve braking performance with Hi-Temp Dot 4'brake fluid and SS/Kevlar brake lines on all 4 corners. This upgrade made a big difference in brake performance and pedal modulation.

Don't know your mileage or maintenance history but I would recommend changing the brake fluid and bleeding system with Motul 660 fluid.

2HP

2012 KB Boss 302 MC: 500A | Boss Production Line Assembly Number 2800. Vehicle Special Ordered with Recaro Sport Seats & 3.73:1 Torsen Option | Engine: FRPP 84.5MM TB, Peterson CJ Vent Can, TracKey Activated, AirAid CF PJ CAI, FRPP 84.5MM TB | Drivetrain: AE 4.0" Aluminum DS, MGW Gen 3 Race Spec Shifter, GT500 Clutch Pedal Box, FRPP Stainless Clutch Line, Dedicated Clutch Fluid Reservoir, FRPP Trans Cooler Scoop. | Exhaust: Silver Ceramic Kooks Super Street Headers, MagnaFlow Street/Comp 3.0" SS CB X-Pipe System, Open Kooks SS Boss Side Pipes. | Suspension: FRPP "T" Springs (alternate Steeda Boss Rear Springs), Koni Sports (Yellow) Adjustable Struts/Shocks, Steeda HD Camber Plates, Cortex Watts Link, Steeda Billet KB Poly/Spherical LCA's, KB LCA Relo Brkts, Steeda Adj. UCA & Energy Suspension Sys. Upper Diff Housing Bush, OEM Boss Rear Sway Bar | FRPP GT500 Forged wheels, (19X9.0 F & 19X10.0" R) | Brakes: FRPP Boss 302 Cooling Duct Kit, Steeda SS/Kevlar Brake Lines, GT500 13.8" Rear Rotors, GT500 Rear Brake Pads, Dot 4 Motul 600 HT Fluid | Body: FRPP Boss 302S Grill, FRPP Boss 302 LS Front Splitter, FRPP GT500 Rear Spoiler & Serviceable Gurney Strip, BFR Front Tow Hook, Jacking Plates, 3M Window Tint, (35/20), OEM Boss 302 Floor Mats & Boss 302 Car Cover, Pioneer TS-D6802R Speaker System, Auto Dim, Home Link & Compass Mirror. Notes: Current Intake System - Ram Air thru Front Grill Fog Light, OEM CAI Box and AEM Aluminum Intake Tube with Drop-In High Flow Filter. In Testing Spring 2016. SCT-X4 Tuner used exclusively for Data-Logging AFR/Timing Curves Only. FRPP TracKey is Preferred PCM Tune.

#3 TK6

TK6

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 24 posts
  • Region:U.S., Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 BOSS 302 SBY
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:17 PM

Yeah, I will be flushing the fluid with good Dot 4 before any track days.  I'm mainly trying to figure out if I want to spring for some Pagid pads.  My plan was to keep this car stock if possible, for street use.  The car has 18,000 miles on it.  It did sit for a long time at the dealership as they wouldn't put it up for sale until the airbag recall parts were available and the rear rotors got rusty.  I've just been driving it normally and the rotors are almost back to "normal".  I'm just used to my old C5 Z06 and E36 M3, which had "throw you against the seatbelt" initial bite!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·