Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Track Key calibration returning??

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,237 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:45 AM

All well and good, what I envision is a redesign in 2018 which has to conform w/CARB and would be Boss compatable also. Not sure why they would redo what's been undone now. This new version would be with the hand held programmer of coarse, expensive and excluding the middleman (dealer). Maybe even compatable with the Boss and GT both and identical (tweeked) specs back to inception. All since Ford decided to give the GT's the same if not better steroids than the Boss ever has or had.

I could care less, I'm just keeping the pot stirred. FoMoCo is here for one thing only.... Taking care of the shareholders:)

Edited by Rich B., 11 March 2017 - 02:45 AM.

• TymeSlayer likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#22 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• 4,256 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 KB Boss 302 Mustang
  • Boss 302's Year:2012

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:40 AM

Whatever they do it will be a 50 state emissions program.

What makes TK unique is the dual path PCM that runs a different program depending on what key you use. That was a big deal back in 2012.

I guess one is either a fan of TK or not, and nothing much in between.

Just have fun with it,
302 Hi Pro

2012 KB Boss 302 MC: 500A | Boss Production Line Assembly Number 2800. Vehicle Special Ordered with Recaro Sport Seats & 3.73:1 Torsen Option | Engine: FRPP 84.5MM TB, Peterson CJ Vent Can, TracKey Activated, AirAid CF PJ CAI, FRPP 84.5MM TB | Drivetrain: AE 4.0" Aluminum DS, MGW Gen 3 Race Spec Shifter, GT500 Clutch Pedal Box, FRPP Stainless Clutch Line, Dedicated Clutch Fluid Reservoir, FRPP Trans Cooler Scoop. | Exhaust: Silver Ceramic Kooks Super Street Headers, MagnaFlow Street/Comp 3.0" SS CB X-Pipe System, Open Kooks SS Boss Side Pipes. | Suspension: FRPP "T" Springs (alternate Steeda Boss Rear Springs), Koni Sports (Yellow) Adjustable Struts/Shocks, Steeda HD Camber Plates, Cortex Watts Link, Steeda Billet KB Poly/Spherical LCA's, KB LCA Relo Brkts, Steeda Adj. UCA & Energy Suspension Sys. Upper Diff Housing Bush, OEM Boss Rear Sway Bar | FRPP GT500 Forged wheels, (19X9.0 F & 19X10.0" R) | Brakes: FRPP Boss 302 Cooling Duct Kit, Steeda SS/Kevlar Brake Lines, GT500 13.8" Rear Rotors, GT500 Rear Brake Pads, Dot 4 Motul 600 HT Fluid | Body: FRPP Boss 302S Grill, FRPP Boss 302 LS Front Splitter, FRPP GT500 Rear Spoiler & Serviceable Gurney Strip, BFR Front Tow Hook, Jacking Plates, 3M Window Tint, (35/20), OEM Boss 302 Floor Mats & Boss 302 Car Cover, Pioneer TS-D6802R Speaker System, Auto Dim, Home Link & Compass Mirror. Notes: Current Intake System - Ram Air thru Front Grill Fog Light, OEM CAI Box and AEM Aluminum Intake Tube with Drop-In High Flow Filter. In Testing Spring 2016. SCT-X4 Tuner used exclusively for Data-Logging AFR/Timing Curves Only. FRPP TracKey is Preferred PCM Tune.

#23 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:26 PM

https://www.kbb.com/...ted/2100001693/ Found this also, not much on TK but a bit interesting.

Edited by Rich B., 12 March 2017 - 02:24 PM.

#24 GrabberBlue

GrabberBlue

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S., Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:'13 Grabber Blue Boss 302

Posted 12 March 2017 - 02:31 PM

I recently acquired my '13 Boss and it doesn't have the TK activated. Within a week I uploaded an AED tune and am quite happy. I would like the TK installed simply to add to the value of the car down the road. It is rediculous that we aren't able to get it activated simply because Ford stopped selling vouchers.

• Rich B. likes this

#25 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:28 AM

Not much to mention these days of Track Attack. For 1st buyers only and was a free 2 day track event in Las Vegas with Miller Motor Sports. You had to pay for everything else of coarse (lodging, food) but that too went away. Had a bunch of track prepped (don't believe they were actual Bosses, maybe) race cars. Understand it was the thrill of a lifetime with instruction and track driving time.

I didn't go, too much to do at home back in '12-'13 (as a new owner). So maybe 1/4 of the Boss Community may have made it then, roughly 2,250 race prepped drivers? Some good friends forever were made in those days, even I felt with a small degree that I was somewheres around there also. I have enough problems just driving regular style and to exemplify with a race driver mentality, lol that's just me.

Do I remember this right? MIller MS was closing shop but is staying active and offers the school for GT350 and maybe track equipped GT owners with similiar scenario?

Edited by Rich B., 14 March 2017 - 04:51 AM.

• TymeSlayer likes this

#26 Ginger

Ginger

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Region:Other
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss 302

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:57 AM

Not much to mention these days of Track Attack. For 1st buyers only and was a free 2 day track event in Las Vegas with Miller Motor Sports. You had to pay for everything else of coarse (lodging, food) but that too went away. Had a bunch of track prepped (don't believe they were actual Bosses, maybe) race cars. Understand it was the thrill of a lifetime with instruction and track driving time.

I didn't go, too much to do at home back in '12-'13 (as a new owner). So maybe 1/4 of the Boss Community may have made it then, roughly 2,250 race prepped drivers? Some good friends forever were made in those days, even I felt with a small degree that I was somewheres around there also. I have enough problems just driving regular style and to exemplify with a race driver mentality, lol that's just me.

Do I remember this right? MIller MS was closing shop but is staying active and offers the same coarse for GT350 and maybe track equipped GT owners with similiar scenario?

Have to agree with everything you say Rich. I was one of those early 12 Boss buyers. Never went to track attack or even got TK. Just was not in the cards at that point of my life. Yes I do regret it. I will say that Ford did make a very good attempt in trying to get me to go. I received about 5 emails and even spoke to someone at least twice. Trying to get me to sign up. I just didn't have the funds to make the trip. As for TK and Ford taking it off the market.... I just don't get that. I thought that a manufacture had to supply replacement parts for a car for XX amount of years. TK was a Ford manufactured option. I guess maybe because it was produced by FR they look at it different. Still to this day I cant believe that no tuner has cracked the TK codes. I really wanted that TK that was first promoted but never happened due to carb. If Ford was smart they should sell a tuner downloaded with the TK. I'm sure there is still enough intrest out their for money to be made. I run a 93 Steeda tune and have no complaints. The only for this is because I run there CAI. I would buy TK tuner from FP if they sold them just to complete my Boss package. I would then also buy the Airaid CAI so I could just put the insert in when running TK.

Who knows, maybe Ford has a plan to bring TK back or their plan may be move forward and don't look back. 

(Hope all is well weathering the Stella storm up there. I'm central NJ and only about 3" snow and now raining.)

Jerry

• Rich B. likes this

#27 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:36 AM

Have to agree with everything you say Rich. I was one of those early 12 Boss buyers. Never went to track attack or even got TK. Just was not in the cards at that point of my life. Yes I do regret it. I will say that Ford did make a very good attempt in trying to get me to go. I received about 5 emails and even spoke to someone at least twice. Trying to get me to sign up. I just didn't have the funds to make the trip. As for TK and Ford taking it off the market.... I just don't get that. I thought that a manufacture had to supply replacement parts for a car for XX amount of years. TK was a Ford manufactured option. I guess maybe because it was produced by FR they look at it different. Still to this day I cant believe that no tuner has cracked the TK codes. I really wanted that TK that was first promoted but never happened due to carb. If Ford was smart they should sell a tuner downloaded with the TK. I'm sure there is still enough intrest out their for money to be made. I run a 93 Steeda tune and have no complaints. The only for this is because I run there CAI. I would buy TK tuner from FP if they sold them just to complete my Boss package. I would then also buy the Airaid CAI so I could just put the insert in when running TK.
Who knows, maybe Ford has a plan to bring TK back or their plan may be move forward and don't look back. 

(Hope all is well weathering the Stella storm up there. I'm central NJ and only about 3" snow and now raining.)

Jerry

Didn't know you were in NJ Ginger. Was at 19 Gere Pl. Fanwood, NJ untill about 15 YO. May of just as well lived in Elizabeth. Loved where the Pennsy RR crossed over the Jersey Central, that whole area. Bridges, tunnels, hoppin' the trains. Attached File  image.jpeg   52.15KB   0 downloads

Edited by Rich B., 14 March 2017 - 06:45 AM.

#28 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 2,820 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 - 2008 Mercury Mountaineer Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:39 AM

Track Attack only made me dig deeper into tracking the car, thus costing me much more in the end than I anticipated. Was it worthwhile? I resoundingly say YES! Getting to drive a FR500S on day too was awesome as well. 

Rich, I was born in Elizabeth NJ the year the Milwaukee Braves defeated the New York Yankees in the world series, four games to three. I escaped in 1978 although it was like going from the pan into the fire as I moved to Detroit. Found paradise on earth here in Colorado in 1982. Miss those lazy summer days at the Jersey shore and running the 1/4 mile at Englishtown in my '69 Boss but wouldn't trade life here in the Rockies now. 

• Rich B. likes this

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket/Fire Extinguisher Mount/Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black and F14 Gunmetal (Track Wheels) – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Boss 302 Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

#29 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:01 PM

Amazing TS, I was born there too, Elizabeth in '45. Can't say which hospital, early years were in Roselle. To look via satellite these days, Jersey Central's gone, even much of the track. Fanwood was all woods, stream across the street gone and today houses all over up to the high voltage grid. Swamps all drained and gone, wouldn't want to live there now a days. And to look at Broad St. Elizabeth, stores long gone, was a thriving metropolis in the 50's.

Edited by Rich B., 14 March 2017 - 01:05 PM.

• TymeSlayer likes this

#30 Ginger

Ginger

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:02 AM

Didn't know you were in NJ Ginger. Was at 19 Gere Pl. Fanwood, NJ untill about 15 YO. May of just as well lived in Elizabeth. Loved where the Pennsy RR crossed over the Jersey Central, that whole area. Bridges, tunnels, hoppin' the trains. attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Dam... Add another one to the group.

I was born in Elizabeth, lived on Vine street. Went to school at 2 places. Bender Memorial academy and Abraham Lincoln school. Moved to Piscataway and lived there for 30 years.

#31 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 2,820 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 - 2008 Mercury Mountaineer Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:43 AM

Shoot - was Elizabeth the birthplace of future Boss 302 owners?

All I can remember from those days were that we lived on Bayway Ave and they condemned our home to build a highway through it.

Spent a year in Roselle Park in 2nd grade and moved to Piscataway from 1968 thru 1978.

Bought my 1969 Boss in the spring of 1975 - she was faster than and Chevy or Pontiac in town. I did some stupid things in her. Wish I knew then what I knop now. 

Spent a good many summer in Manasquan and at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park.

Hung out at Rutgers in '77 & '78 although it was mostly drugs, sex and rock 'n roll rather than getting an education. 

Once we piled twelve people into a Ford Pinto because at Englishtown they had an entranced day per car and not per person. 

Geez, I'm getting... I'm getting a bit melancholy.....

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Once upon a time there was a tavern
Where we used to raise a glass or two
Remember how we laughed away the hours
And dreamed of all the great things we would do

Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way."

• Ginger and Rich B. like this

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket/Fire Extinguisher Mount/Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black and F14 Gunmetal (Track Wheels) – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Boss 302 Engraved Front Splitter

#32 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:03 AM

TS we may of gone to the same grade school, 2 blocks away, we were at 225 Drake Ave. But I think Roselle and Roselle Park were 2 different towns, I can't recall for sure. Fanwood Station is on the historical registry, knew that place well, had too a pedestrian bridge over the rails.Attached File  image.jpeg   220.43KB   0 downloads Yup, used to go to Asbury park, the wooden boardwalks and amusements (maybe 10 Yo in that area). The Staten Island Zoo with the Alligator pit you'd look down at.

Edited by Rich B., 15 March 2017 - 10:11 AM.

• TymeSlayer likes this

#33 Ginger

Ginger

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:59 AM

This thread has turned into the calibration of childhood memories.

TS

What part of piscataway did you live. I lived on River road and then moved a few times. All in Piscataway. Went to Piscatawa

y high. Lived in Piscataway from 1966 till 2002.

I'm sure then you know of the river road tavern and maybe Sunoco gas station. In late 70's we used to drag race on a street call center drive. It was a wild friday and saturday night till they shut that down.

Rich, you keep showing train stations which I all know to well. I worked for Conrail for 10 years and have been to many of them. 

• TymeSlayer and Rich B. like this

#34 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:39 PM

That had to be an amazing employment with Conrail Ginger. Always wanted to work for a RR but never knew how to go about it up here. Even Maine Central is defunct now, think Guilford's still around. The stations are places I would often frequent and remember that most from my NJ days. Liked the Wachung Mt.'s area too and aunt lived up in northern Jersey, would visit in summers.

Knew of Piscataway but was never there. Had to go to Ft. DIx maybe 27 years ago now, last time that I was down to NJ.

Edited by Rich B., 17 March 2017 - 03:48 AM.

#35 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 2,820 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:29 AM

This thread has turned into the calibration of childhood memories.

TS

What part of piscataway did you live. I lived on River road and then moved a few times. All in Piscataway. Went to Piscatawa

y high. Lived in Piscataway from 1966 till 2002.

I'm sure then you know of the river road tavern and maybe Sunoco gas station. In late 70's we used to drag race on a street call center drive. It was a wild friday and saturday night till they shut that down.

Rich, you keep showing train stations which I all know to well. I worked for Conrail for 10 years and have been to many of them. 

Lived on Plymouth Court which couldn't be more than a mile from River Road. Know the River Road Tavern well. It certainly has that "Gin Mill" smell.

And the Sunoco station you mentioned was once owned by the Florek family. I still facebook one of the kids. I hung out at both of these places as well as the od Jug House often. 

We use to drag on Centennial Ave 'till one of our friends wrapped his 'vette around a telephone pole where Centennial hits River Road. After that we decided that Englishtown was a better and safer place to run our cars.Went to PHS and graduated in '75. I cruised that town in my '69 Acapulco Blue Boss everyday. I wouldn't be surprised if you might of seen it around. 

• Rich B. likes this

#36 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:43 AM

Have we gotten off the beaten path here or what? Was it LSECO that led us astray lol? Thought he was here somewheres but guess not. Attached File  image.jpeg   170.17KB   0 downloads

Edited by Rich B., 17 March 2017 - 04:48 PM.

#37 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• 4,256 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 KB Boss 302 Mustang

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:20 PM

Just have fun,

If a member want to chat about the possible return of a TK program, then we can chat about that too.
302 Hi Pro

2012 KB Boss 302 MC: 500A | Boss Production Line Assembly Number 2800. Vehicle Special Ordered with Recaro Sport Seats & 3.73:1 Torsen Option | Engine: FRPP 84.5MM TB, Peterson CJ Vent Can, TracKey Activated, AirAid CF PJ CAI, FRPP 84.5MM TB | Drivetrain: AE 4.0" Aluminum DS, MGW Gen 3 Race Spec Shifter, GT500 Clutch Pedal Box, FRPP Stainless Clutch Line, Dedicated Clutch Fluid Reservoir, FRPP Trans Cooler Scoop. | Exhaust: Silver Ceramic Kooks Super Street Headers, MagnaFlow Street/Comp 3.0" SS CB X-Pipe System, Open Kooks SS Boss Side Pipes. | Suspension: FRPP "T" Springs (alternate Steeda Boss Rear Springs), Koni Sports (Yellow) Adjustable Struts/Shocks, Steeda HD Camber Plates, Cortex Watts Link, Steeda Billet KB Poly/Spherical LCA's, KB LCA Relo Brkts, Steeda Adj. UCA & Energy Suspension Sys. Upper Diff Housing Bush, OEM Boss Rear Sway Bar | FRPP GT500 Forged wheels, (19X9.0 F & 19X10.0" R) | Brakes: FRPP Boss 302 Cooling Duct Kit, Steeda SS/Kevlar Brake Lines, GT500 13.8" Rear Rotors, GT500 Rear Brake Pads, Dot 4 Motul 600 HT Fluid | Body: FRPP Boss 302S Grill, FRPP Boss 302 LS Front Splitter, FRPP GT500 Rear Spoiler & Serviceable Gurney Strip, BFR Front Tow Hook, Jacking Plates, 3M Window Tint, (35/20), OEM Boss 302 Floor Mats & Boss 302 Car Cover, Pioneer TS-D6802R Speaker System, Auto Dim, Home Link & Compass Mirror. Notes: Current Intake System - Ram Air thru Front Grill Fog Light, OEM CAI Box and AEM Aluminum Intake Tube with Drop-In High Flow Filter. In Testing Spring 2016. SCT-X4 Tuner used exclusively for Data-Logging AFR/Timing Curves Only. FRPP TracKey is Preferred PCM Tune.

#38 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 2,820 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:43 AM

Sorry about that folks.

#39 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:43 AM

Should of been in Lounge section of coarse but it's difficult to switch direction midstream sometimes. What a coincidence though almost more so. Am one of the Baby Boomers, maybe many more are from Elizabeth?

Now as 302HP stated, the entire TK thing is about having 2 programs at once, there's a choice. I don't know of anyone else doing this. When a vendor tune is installed I take it both regular key and any future TK potential are lost and you have just the single particular tune, that's it? How may times can it be changed and does this overide Silver Key program with the TK corridor still left blank if this was never installed?

I think I could go for say a Trackey tune for everyday and as a second, something more aggressive for use with the Silver Key. In other words reverse, have a TK ready car and a aftermarket tune to be used with the Silver Key. Still having choice, but I can't answer the question......

Am sure at this point a new thread will immediately begin, to archive this whole thing lol.

Edited by Rich B., 22 March 2017 - 05:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·