Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Track Key calibration returning??

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,364 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:54 PM

Cancelled.

Edited by Rich B., 19 May 2017 - 04:35 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#62 Boss1815

Boss1815

New Boss 302 Member

• Northeast Region
  • 355 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:35 AM

If that may be the case, i hope they don't charge to program the red key on top of it all. Did you read this on the products webpage? I didn't see anything about the dealer having to program the key.

It's in this link, toward the bottom under the "Notes" heading.

https://performancep...rt/M-9603-MBTKA

I can't see the dealer programming the key for free.

-Dave

p57703444-3.jpg

#63 hoppy2018

hoppy2018

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 28 posts
  • Region:Canada, Western

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:50 AM

Though i would post this conversation i had with Ford Performance just in case anyone is wondering the same thing i was.

We apologize for the delay. A representative will be with you shortly.
Tom says:
  Hello Justin. My name is Tom how can I help you?
Justin says:
  Hey Tom, Im awaiting the arrival of my procal tuner. Im just wondering if since i have the red key that my car came with will i still have to have it programmed by the dealership befor i install the trackey tune?
Tom says:
  Yes you will, does the red key start the car now?
Justin says:
  Yes it does.
Justin says:
  but it hasnt been activated
Tom says:
  All that needs to be done is to program the key now for the program.
Justin says:
  ok, do you know if the dealer will charge me to to activate the red key? or is it something i can do myself?
Tom says:
  The dealer has to do it with their IDS system, no way around it.
Justin says:
  Will i be charged?
Tom says:
  Probably... You would be charged if it still was the old way of programming.
Justin says:
  Ok thanks for the info.
Tom says:
  You bet sir.

• Rich B. likes this

#64 slowburn57

slowburn57

New Boss 302 Member

• Southeast Region
  • 15 posts
  • Region:U.S., South Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 LS
  • Boss 302's Year:2012

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:28 PM

Well that's clear as dirt. It appears that no one including Ford Performance knows. Thought the whole point was Ford dealers were not able to program the red key correctly in the first place. Guess we'll have to see what happens when some one actually gets the whole package. It is beginning to look like someone at Ford put the cart before the horse.
I think I'll just wait a little while before I buy the new red key system. Maybe see a review of it first.
  • Rich B. likes this

#65 GrabberBlue

GrabberBlue

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 28 posts
  • Region:U.S., Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:'13 Grabber Blue Boss 302 #3459

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:43 PM

I thought the previous issue was that the old TracKey tune was too outdated for updated dealer computers so they were unable to load the software to the car. I would think pairing a key wouldn't be as much of a problem. I must say that I'm kinda bummed that the dealers are involved at all in this process.

#66 hoppy2018

hoppy2018

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 28 posts
  • Region:Canada, Western

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:24 PM

I completely agree with you guys. Im really happy they brought it back but its dissapointing that im now having to pay $1200CAN for the tuner as well as whatever the dealer is going to charge me for red key install for something that was being sold for less than half the price a year ago.

#67 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,364 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:05 AM

This is too bad (no sarcasm), I also would of thought there'd be no dealer ties. It must be because the 2 separate key features are still present vs a one for everything type tune. So why not maybe still of had the dealer contact but with their piece of the pie revert back to Ford Performance for payment as part of the TK purchase agreement?

Grin and bare it...... Just figures.

Edited by Rich B., 26 May 2017 - 06:06 AM.

#68 Tnelson184

Tnelson184

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 61 posts
  • Current Vehicle:'13 Boss 302

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:05 AM

I'm going to wait for some more information first.  Like will running the Airaid CAI screw up the tune because they are giving us a filter combo to go with the procal tool? 

As long as you are running the extra tube inside the intake where the MAF sensor is, you'll be fine. That tube is the same diameter as the factory intake tube at the MAF location, this is included with your CAI so you can run it with your factory tune.

I'm running a Parnelli Jones Carbon CAI with the TracKey. I have the MAF tube installed.

Well that's clear as dirt. It appears that no one including Ford Performance knows. Thought the whole point was Ford dealers were not able to program the red key correctly in the first place. Guess we'll have to see what happens when some one actually gets the whole package. It is beginning to look like someone at Ford put the cart before the horse.
I think I'll just wait a little while before I buy the new red key system. Maybe see a review of it first.

The dealers are still able to program the key itself, like they would if you wanted an extra key for your vehicle. There was never an issue with this. The issue was, they were unable to load the TK program into the ECU.

It actually happened to me, I bought one of the last vouchers sold. My dealer programed the key first, then tried to load the TK software into the ECU which didn't work. So I was able to use the red key and the car recognized it as the TracKey(showing "TracKey off road use only") but since the ECU didn't have the software, the engine functioned like the silver key was in use.

My timing couldn't have been better! In the time it took for Ford to mail the voucher itself and me to set up an appointment at my dealer, they dropped the original part number for TK. Thus I had to mail the ECU to Ford Performance and have them do the flash in their offices. 

Edited by Tnelson184, 29 May 2017 - 10:06 AM.

• TymeSlayer and Ginger like this

#69 GrabberBlue

GrabberBlue

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 28 posts
  • Current Vehicle:'13 Grabber Blue Boss 302 #3459

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:30 PM

There are some updates to new TracKey shenanigans in the Levittown section if anyone cares.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·