Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

So Why Not...

Water/Methinol injection.....

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,331 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:40 PM

Back in the 80's I had the Edlebrock single injector water injection system. This is suppose to increase the quality of fuel and eliminate pinging by spraying water down the intake. I actually built a double nozzle (with spray bottle nozzles) and using a window washer tank and motor. Controlled with a humidistat, wouldn't operate in the rain or overly damp weather that way. Built this for my Li'l Red Truck, 4 bbl. Carter Thermoquad.

So there's water or methanol (wood alcohol) injection and a combo, with few posts on forum. Think something came up several years ago. W/M injection goes back to the 60's anyways and was OEM on some cars. Yet nobody with a Boss seems to have it. The meth injection is supposed to increase octane to 116.

Now ideally this is where the intake throttle body spacer would work to have a injector port. Have seen those tapped for nitrous oxide injectors. Apples and oranges there, car needn't be boosted in any manner to use water/methinol injection.

Couldn't get anything to paste yesterday, all the ref. returned as blank pages.
http://www.alcohol-i.../en/132-mustang
https://en.m.wikiped...ection_(engine)

I won't be trying it, but maybe if I were say 30 years younger, didn't say smarter.

Edited by Rich B., 06 March 2017 - 05:11 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#2 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,331 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:24 AM

Here's an article about a Boss Mustang, would really like to be informed by somebody on forum with their experience. http://www.mustangan...jection-system/ Tests were done with TK also, makes me wonder (all over again)?

Con't- After reviewing write up I can pretty much understand the theory with it. Think the kits fall out of popularity because the tanks forget to get filled on an ongoing basis. Now NOS requires its own extra fuel injector to cool the nitrous oxide (laughing gas) charge to avoid pre-detonation with that. Nasty stuff, at least for engine use. Probably better safeguards these days but in the '80's anything went and mine was only a 50HP shot.

All that's happening is your putting extra oxygen (not just air) into the motor. The nitrogen keeps the oxygen from burning off prematurely and the two elements will separate at approx. 550deg. F., your running on an oxygen boost.

A sulphur dioxide content is added so the driver isn't going down the street sniffing in the laughing gas, will get deathly sick first. Nope, no more for me.

Edited by Rich B., 07 March 2017 - 05:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·