Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2018 Ford Mustang Bullitt

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 cholmes1

cholmes1

New Boss 302 Member

• Mountain Region
  • 154 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 Laguna Seca
  • Boss 302's Year:2013
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:54 PM

Should be interesting to see if this car is just badging and a tune, or if they actually add some additional performance parts...

https://youtu.be/Ci3AfAmL1zU

and

https://blog.america...mustang-leaked/

Either way, it will be nice to see the stealthy models on the road again...

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#2 byronj

byronj

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 302 posts
  • Region:U.S., Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Mustang Boss 302

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:51 AM

Jesus, do you really believe that? The video was so hypnotizing and first off Ford Performance has a lineup unit
2020, and this car is not in the line up. The GT350 is a 5 yr run and then we will get the next badass pony car

#3 cholmes1

cholmes1

New Boss 302 Member

• Mountain Region
  • 154 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 Laguna Seca
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:53 PM

Jesus, do you really believe that? The video was so hypnotizing and first off Ford Performance has a lineup unit
2020, and this car is not in the line up. The GT350 is a 5 yr run and then we will get the next badass pony car

Yes, I do believe that the Bullitt will come in 2018-19.  The model is not and has never been designed to compete with the Boss/GT350 crowd.  It is more in line with the California Special, so there is no reason why they would not release it in the near future.  Would like to see a link to the 2020 lineup that you have...

#4 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,415 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:33 AM

Would think something like that may show up. A market more obtainable and way less money than the alternative. But to look at the last batch of that fleet, a bit above and beyond but not all that.... Not a Boss equal at all I'm thinking. Not worth anything more these days and it seems the ones for sale are fairly beat from what I can see.

Will stay with what I have for now, interesting though to speculate and project the future.

#5 dsls584

dsls584

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 26 posts
  • Region:U.S., Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2016 GT w/PP
  • Boss 302's Year:Decline

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:32 PM

cholmes1 first name isn't Jesus.

• 302 Hi Pro and cholmes1 like this

#6 Ginger

Ginger

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Region:Other
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss 302
  • Boss 302's Year:2012

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:32 AM

To me I think Ford would be taking a big gamble. Thats not not good buiness. The car was already produced. Not sure it would be the seller that Ford would want. Also as time moves forward the fans gets older and the younger crowd were not born to know the history or the movie. But if they did bring back the Bullitt I would hope it would be more than just a gas cap and chrome trim covered in green paint and 5 spoke wheels, for the car to sell to the public and just not the Bullitt enthusiast or fan. There has to be something special about the rebirth of a car to catch peoples attention. Dodge is running with this in the Horse power numbers and has gotten a lot of attention from people like us that love power and handling and just a tad of comfort.   

What I would like to see is the Boss 429 to be created to give the Demon a run for its money. The Boss429 is a model that has yet to be reborn. And the time is right. Boss429 putting out 775 to 800hp out of the factory. O YEA!  Problem with cars like that is there not for everybody. That's why they only build so many. Its not a general public type of car. 

What I would love to see is a fresh model of the newer S550 mustang. It's a gamble but it could be a homerun if they do there home work. The problem is Fords gamble runs in the millions. 

Maybe a Super Bullitt Mustang putting out 775hp is what is needed with all the race components and handling package yet street legal. Now you have my attention!!

It's nice to dream..

• TymeSlayer likes this

#7 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 2,949 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 - 2008 Mercury Mountaineer Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:52 AM

For a true 429, which I'd love to see, we are talking about a 7 liter engine? 

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Recaro Seats/ Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket / Fire Extinguisher Mount / Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - CoolTech Boss 302 Oil Cooler with T-Stat / 6PT Harness Belts and Clips - Corbeau Harness Bar - Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

Sweet Lorraine - Circa March 2015

#8 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• 4,334 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 KB Boss 302 Mustang

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:18 PM

Yes, a 7.0L displacement is right in that ballpark.

SIDEBAR: In Ford's Big Block history, they badged the 1966/67 Galaxy 500 a 7 Liter and this was the Ford's only 427 C.I.D. Engine. This engine was the basis for Ford's top performance engine until late 1968 when the Boss 429 was born. A different engine family.

Interestingly, the 427 HO engine was also available in the 1967 Mustang Dealer Order Guide, but it lasted only about 2 weeks. Not sure if any 427 Mustangs made it out of the factory door as Ford quickly pulled this engine from the Mustang lineup as it was deemed unsafe. It must have been one narly Mustang!

The first big block Mustang was offered in the 1967 MY Mustang, and the 390 C.I.D. 320 HP. The following year it was offered at 325 HP.

The next Big Block Mustang was offered with the FE series 428 C.I.D. It came in both Cobra Jet, (CJ), with 335 HP, and the Super Cobra Jet, (SCJ). There are significant internal differences between the CJ and SCJ.

Next up for Mustang Big Blocks was the now infamous Boss 429 C.I.D. Engine, yet a different series block. This Hi Po engine came with a super stout main bearing setup, all forged internals and the Big, I mean Really Big port/valve Hemi Heads. Interesting, Kar Kraft production started in January 1969 with the short run of the 1969 MY Boss 429, and then changed over mid year to the 1970 MY Mustang Boss 429 production which ended later that year. All 1969/1970 Mustang Boss 429's were produced by KK in the 1969 CY.

The last Ford Mustang Big Block was yet another engine family 429 CJ/SCJ (IIRC, designated as the 385 series), this engine was only available in the Mustang for one MY year, 1971. One major difference in the 385 series 429 CJ/SCJ Big Block from its predecessor the FE 428 CJ/SCJ was the shorter length of the block skirt(s) which now ended at the crankshaft centerline thereby reducing its weight. Note the FE series 428 CJ/SCJ was available in Mustang production beginning on April 1, 1968 thru the end of the 1970 MY Mustang production.

Another interesting note in Boss engine production was, (as most know), Ford produced a Boss 351 (Cleveland engine) in 1971, but Ford also offered the same engine, a solid lifter, high compression ratio engine rebadged as a 351 H.O. in 1972. There were very, very few of the produced. The 1972 351 H.O. engine was NOT labeled or marketed as a Boss 351, the last Boss was produced in 1971.

So, all of that to say this, (back to topic), The 1968 Bullitt Mustang was a GT 390 model. IMO, if Ford were to produce a Bullitt Mustang model, I would expect it to be a GT 5,0L with a Bullitt appearance package, color, wheels, badging, accessories, etc. The Bullitt Chase Sceen is found on YouTube here:

Sorry if I rambled on a bit.
302 Hi Pro

Edited by 302 Hi Pro, 31 March 2017 - 01:21 PM.

• TymeSlayer and Rich B. like this

2012 KB Boss 302 MC: 500A | Boss Production Line Assembly Number 2800. Vehicle Special Ordered with Recaro Sport Seats & 3.73:1 Torsen Option | Engine: FRPP 84.5MM TB, Peterson CJ Vent Can, TracKey Activated, AirAid CF PJ CAI, FRPP 84.5MM TB | Drivetrain: AE 4.0" Aluminum DS, MGW Gen 3 Race Spec Shifter, GT500 Clutch Pedal Box, FRPP Stainless Clutch Line, Dedicated Clutch Fluid Reservoir, FRPP Trans Cooler Scoop. | Exhaust: Silver Ceramic Kooks Super Street Headers, MagnaFlow Street/Comp 3.0" SS CB X-Pipe System, Open Kooks SS Boss Side Pipes. | Suspension: FRPP "T" Springs (alternate Steeda Boss Rear Springs), Koni Sports (Yellow) Adjustable Struts/Shocks, Steeda HD Camber Plates, Cortex Watts Link, Steeda Billet KB Poly/Spherical LCA's, KB LCA Relo Brkts, Steeda Adj. UCA & Energy Suspension Sys. Upper Diff Housing Bush, OEM Boss Rear Sway Bar | FRPP GT500 Forged wheels, (19X9.0 F & 19X10.0" R) | Brakes: FRPP Boss 302 Cooling Duct Kit, Steeda SS/Kevlar Brake Lines, GT500 13.8" Rear Rotors, GT500 Rear Brake Pads, Dot 4 Motul 600 HT Fluid | Body: FRPP Boss 302S Grill, FRPP Boss 302 LS Front Splitter, FRPP GT500 Rear Spoiler & Serviceable Gurney Strip, BFR Front Tow Hook, Jacking Plates, 3M Window Tint, (35/20), OEM Boss 302 Floor Mats & Boss 302 Car Cover, Pioneer TS-D6802R Speaker System, Auto Dim, Home Link & Compass Mirror. Notes: Current Intake System - Ram Air thru Front Grill Fog Light, OEM CAI Box and AEM Aluminum Intake Tube with Drop-In High Flow Filter. In Testing Spring 2016. SCT-X4 Tuner used exclusively for Data-Logging AFR/Timing Curves Only. FRPP TracKey is Preferred PCM Tune.

#9 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,415 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:18 AM

Great overview O2HP. More curious about the Bullit Mustang being a GT. In '67 the GT's had the quad exhaust tips with that traverse common muffler, gas cap with GT logo, rocker striping, fender badging and GT 2 piece wheels (may of been '68), Not to say that couldn't of been changed (he did have grey spoke mags) but the rear valance also had the indentions for the quad tips back then.The GT monikers may be there, never noticed though.

The 390 CID was quite ultimate back then but with 6 cylinders these days outperforming them...... Oh well. My LaCrosse has a 305HP V6 and coupled with the auto gearing I can't believe the power even that yields.Attached File  image.jpeg   90.21KB   0 downloadsAttached File  image.jpeg   104.53KB   0 downloadsAttached File  image.jpeg   73.66KB   0 downloads

OK, now this is supposed to be the Bullitt Mustang. It was definitely a '67 not '68 (different rear brake vents) and appears to be a GT stripped. Attached File  image.jpeg   160.68KB   0 downloads But the movie car didn't have tires that wide so this may be clone? Look at O2's Utube feature start photo.

Edited by Rich B., 01 April 2017 - 03:08 AM.

#10 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 2,949 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 - 2008 Mercury Mountaineer Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:07 AM

IIRC the '67 had unique side scoops that were a one year only design. It's usually how I can quickly tell it's a '67 although you can buy the inserts and use them to fool me! 

Attached File  67 SS Inserts.jpg   18.04KB   1 downloads

• Rich B. likes this

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Recaro Seats/ Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket / Fire Extinguisher Mount / Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - CoolTech Boss 302 Oil Cooler with T-Stat / 6PT Harness Belts and Clips - Corbeau Harness Bar - Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

Sweet Lorraine - Circa March 2015

#11 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,415 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:01 AM

IIRC the '67 had unique side scoops that were a one year only design. It's usually how I can quickly tell it's a '67 although you can buy the inserts and use them to fool me! 

attachicon.gif67 SS Inserts.jpg

Those too almost looked real, the '68's were a chrome ornamental piece there. Here's a good '68 thumb, this has the GT 2 piece wheels. Attached File  image.jpeg   189.69KB   0 downloads

Edited by Rich B., 02 April 2017 - 05:08 AM.

• 302 Hi Pro likes this

#12 CopStang

CopStang

New Boss 302 Member

• Southeast Region
  • 35 posts
  • Region:U.S., South Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 PW Boss

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:21 AM

68 also had side markers. It was the first year for those.

#13 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• 4,334 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 KB Boss 302 Mustang

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:30 PM

Yes, it was a part of new Federal Law(s) regarding safety.

Rich B.

That is a great pic, I had to save it. IIRC, starting in mid sixties Styled Steel Wheels using beauty rings and small hub caps were popular options with several manufacturers.

02HP

2012 KB Boss 302 MC: 500A | Boss Production Line Assembly Number 2800. Vehicle Special Ordered with Recaro Sport Seats & 3.73:1 Torsen Option | Engine: FRPP 84.5MM TB, Peterson CJ Vent Can, TracKey Activated, AirAid CF PJ CAI, FRPP 84.5MM TB | Drivetrain: AE 4.0" Aluminum DS, MGW Gen 3 Race Spec Shifter, GT500 Clutch Pedal Box, FRPP Stainless Clutch Line, Dedicated Clutch Fluid Reservoir, FRPP Trans Cooler Scoop. | Exhaust: Silver Ceramic Kooks Super Street Headers, MagnaFlow Street/Comp 3.0" SS CB X-Pipe System, Open Kooks SS Boss Side Pipes. | Suspension: FRPP "T" Springs (alternate Steeda Boss Rear Springs), Koni Sports (Yellow) Adjustable Struts/Shocks, Steeda HD Camber Plates, Cortex Watts Link, Steeda Billet KB Poly/Spherical LCA's, KB LCA Relo Brkts, Steeda Adj. UCA & Energy Suspension Sys. Upper Diff Housing Bush, OEM Boss Rear Sway Bar | FRPP GT500 Forged wheels, (19X9.0 F & 19X10.0" R) | Brakes: FRPP Boss 302 Cooling Duct Kit, Steeda SS/Kevlar Brake Lines, GT500 13.8" Rear Rotors, GT500 Rear Brake Pads, Dot 4 Motul 600 HT Fluid | Body: FRPP Boss 302S Grill, FRPP Boss 302 LS Front Splitter, FRPP GT500 Rear Spoiler & Serviceable Gurney Strip, BFR Front Tow Hook, Jacking Plates, 3M Window Tint, (35/20), OEM Boss 302 Floor Mats & Boss 302 Car Cover, Pioneer TS-D6802R Speaker System, Auto Dim, Home Link & Compass Mirror. Notes: Current Intake System - Ram Air thru Front Grill Fog Light, OEM CAI Box and AEM Aluminum Intake Tube with Drop-In High Flow Filter. In Testing Spring 2016. SCT-X4 Tuner used exclusively for Data-Logging AFR/Timing Curves Only. FRPP TracKey is Preferred PCM Tune.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·