Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2018 Ford Mustang Bullitt

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cholmes1

cholmes1

New Boss 302 Member

• Mountain Region
  • 124 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 Laguna Seca
  • Boss 302's Year:2013
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:54 PM

Should be interesting to see if this car is just badging and a tune, or if they actually add some additional performance parts...

https://youtu.be/Ci3AfAmL1zU

and

https://blog.america...mustang-leaked/

Either way, it will be nice to see the stealthy models on the road again...

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#2 byronj

byronj

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 299 posts
  • Region:U.S., Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Mustang Boss 302

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:51 AM

Jesus, do you really believe that? The video was so hypnotizing and first off Ford Performance has a lineup unit
2020, and this car is not in the line up. The GT350 is a 5 yr run and then we will get the next badass pony car

#3 cholmes1

cholmes1

New Boss 302 Member

• Mountain Region
  • 124 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 Laguna Seca
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:53 PM

Jesus, do you really believe that? The video was so hypnotizing and first off Ford Performance has a lineup unit
2020, and this car is not in the line up. The GT350 is a 5 yr run and then we will get the next badass pony car

Yes, I do believe that the Bullitt will come in 2018-19.  The model is not and has never been designed to compete with the Boss/GT350 crowd.  It is more in line with the California Special, so there is no reason why they would not release it in the near future.  Would like to see a link to the 2020 lineup that you have...

#4 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,240 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:33 AM

Would think something like that may show up. A market more obtainable and way less money than the alternative. But to look at the last batch of that fleet, a bit above and beyond but not all that.... Not a Boss equal at all I'm thinking. Not worth anything more these days and it seems the ones for sale are fairly beat from what I can see.

Will stay with what I have for now, interesting though to speculate and project the future.

#5 dsls584

dsls584

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 26 posts
  • Region:U.S., Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2016 GT w/PP
  • Boss 302's Year:Decline

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:32 PM

cholmes1 first name isn't Jesus.

#6 Ginger

Ginger

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Region:Other
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss 302
  • Boss 302's Year:2012

Posted Yesterday, 06:32 AM

To me I think Ford would be taking a big gamble. Thats not not good buiness. The car was already produced. Not sure it would be the seller that Ford would want. Also as time moves forward the fans gets older and the younger crowd were not born to know the history or the movie. But if they did bring back the Bullitt I would hope it would be more than just a gas cap and chrome trim covered in green paint and 5 spoke wheels, for the car to sell to the public and just not the Bullitt enthusiast or fan. There has to be something special about the rebirth of a car to catch peoples attention. Dodge is running with this in the Horse power numbers and has gotten a lot of attention from people like us that love power and handling and just a tad of comfort.   

What I would like to see is the Boss 429 to be created to give the Demon a run for its money. The Boss429 is a model that has yet to be reborn. And the time is right. Boss429 putting out 775 to 800hp out of the factory. O YEA!  Problem with cars like that is there not for everybody. That's why they only build so many. Its not a general public type of car. 

What I would love to see is a fresh model of the newer S550 mustang. It's a gamble but it could be a homerun if they do there home work. The problem is Fords gamble runs in the millions. 

Maybe a Super Bullitt Mustang putting out 775hp is what is needed with all the race components and handling package yet street legal. Now you have my attention!!

It's nice to dream..

• TymeSlayer likes this

#7 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 2,821 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 - 2008 Mercury Mountaineer Premier
  • Boss 302's Year:2012
Garage View Garage

Posted Yesterday, 06:52 AM

For a true 429, which I'd love to see, we are talking about a 7 liter engine? 

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket/Fire Extinguisher Mount/Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black and F14 Gunmetal (Track Wheels) – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Boss 302 Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·