Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What a dope......

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mjscc1

Mjscc1

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 46 posts
  • Region:U.S., Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 SBY Boss 302
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:45 PM

Was installing new Redline hood struts on my 13' and had to remove the module holding the sound tube to mount the L-bracket. While removing and remounting underneath I dropped the damn bolt while trying to screw in from the bottom.  Not sure where it ended up except the oval opening just below the module.  I really hate when I do stupid sh... like that. 

• TymeSlayer, Rich B. and fking1 like this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#2 fking1

fking1

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 201 posts
  • Current Vehicle:13 Boss 302

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:29 PM

Don't feel bad.

Have done the same thing a number of times.

Dropped a bolt and never found it.

Luckily most times it is not a special kind and was able to replace it from my stash.

#3 GrabberBlue

GrabberBlue

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 38 posts
  • Current Vehicle:'13 Grabber Blue Boss 302 #3459

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:57 PM

I sold an '87 GN a while back and bought it AGAIN a few years later. While doing some maintenance work on it after I brought it home I found a wrench (5/8" IIRC) on the frame rail that I dropped from up top while working on it before I sold it. It happens.

• 302 Hi Pro and Rich B. like this

#4 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 2,969 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 - 2008 Mercury Mountaineer Premier
  • Boss 302's Year:2012
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:25 AM

I lost one of those radiator cover rivets and searched but could not find. almost a year later, I was removing something from under the front end and it came falling out. Funny how these things happen. In the Aerospace industry they would call this FOD (Foreign Object Debris) and it could be something pretty serious. I wasn't overly concerned because it was a small plastic piece but one should be careful about metal bolts and tools being left under the hood. 

• Rich B. likes this

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Recaro Seats/ Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket / Fire Extinguisher Mount / Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - CoolTech Boss 302 Oil Cooler with T-Stat / 6PT Harness Belts and Clips - Corbeau Harness Bar - Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

Sweet Lorraine - Circa March 2015

#5 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,449 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:56 AM

Lol, many times over for me. My best shot was when I had the '66 Beatle ('67 Mustang buckets though). Snowy, cold Winter, lost my brakes that day (air again) and had to bleed them same night before work the next morning. The emergency brake worked great to stop those with the pull back handle. So bled the back brakes, air always migrated to the rear. In the dark with flashlight and when I put the rear wheel back on had the lug nuts only finger tight, somehow never tightened.

Started new job and in the middle of moving, was 55 miles one way (gas crunch on, VWs' were great but no heater). Also had a '69 road runner too in those days (16 MPG, never better). I made it I'd say 40 miles with loose wheel (no wobble) and was going down Main St. Yarmouth, ME. All at once the pass. side rear wheel fell off and was rolling down the road ahead of me, good thing it was only about 4AM (nobody around). So I burst out laughing, jacked up and put the wheel back on. Walked back and actually found 4 of the 5 lug nuts. No damage at all or very minor and away I went. This was actually wife's car but I used it sometimes.

To this day I always check and recheck tire rotation (do my own so I'm familiar with tire change, won't call AAA for that) lug nuts. It still ticks me off I could of forgot to check and tighten those back in '77-'78 maybe?

Edited by Rich B., 14 April 2017 - 04:27 AM.

• Ginger likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·