Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Boss 302's sit unsold for a long time it seems?!?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MustangLife

MustangLife

New Boss 302 Member

• Southeast Region
  • 36 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:56 PM

I am currently listing my 2013 Boss 302 on multiple sites today and tomorrow. While doing research on values and what to list it for and looking around I see on sites like cargurus.com and such they sit a LONG time. Most I have seen have been listed for well over 3 months and some over a year. Why is this? I sure hope I don't have an issue selling it in a reasonable amount of time. Has something happened that I have missed with our Boss cars? I figured when I bought the car it wouldn't be a tough sell when it came time to sell. I mean sure the GT350 is out now, but Boss 302's are still a rare, limited production, and historic car. Good grief. 

Thoughts?

• Rich B. likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#2 TMSBOSS

TMSBOSS

Experienced Boss Owner

• Great Lakes Region
  • 902 posts
  • Region:U.S., Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss
  • Boss 302's Year:2012
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:19 AM

Cars priced to sell IAW mileage and condition, sell quickly. Others linger.

Condition is critical. Have a 2013 LS low miles and under $40k and see how long it's on the market.

Edited by TMSBOSS, 16 March 2017 - 05:25 AM.

• 302 Hi Pro likes this

Blackhawk13-40.jpg

#3 dsls584

dsls584

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 26 posts
  • Region:U.S., Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2016 GT w/PP
  • Boss 302's Year:Decline

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:57 AM

I look at Boss 302s for sale regularly. There are cars that are available for a long time but some sell quickly. It's all about price and condition. Everything will sell at the right price.

i had a 13 LS and now have a 16 GTPP. Long story but the headline is the 16 is a great car. Fast, handles well, and a much nicer environment to spend time behind the wheel. IMO the GTPP handles better than the LS primarily because the back end doesn't hop around in bumpy curves. What the new Mustangs lack is the exclusivity of the Boss. Emotionally, I was more attached to my Boss.

In the long run the Boss will hold its value much better over time but it will still be depreciating for years to come. Owners looking to sell will need to accept that it's not worth what they paid for it. Those that are on the market for a long time simply aren't priced right.
  • 302 Hi Pro and Rich B. like this

#4 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 2,888 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 - 2008 Mercury Mountaineer Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:40 AM

Keep in mind there are folks out there who are not aggressively looking to sell but testing the waters.

From someone who has also been watching the market for these Boss 302s and don't see it any different than any other muscle car built around the same tyme and actually see that these cars are holding their value much better than the norm. I mean take any other 40K car which loses about 50% of it's value the minute you drive off the lot and see what it's going for five years down the road. I'd say that in most cases, the '12 and '13 Bosses are still going for about 3/4 of their purchase price although there certainly are exceptions. 

• 302 Hi Pro, Ginger and Rich B. like this

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Recaro Seats/ Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket/Fire Extinguisher Mount/Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - CoolTech Boss 302 Oil Cooler with T-Stat -  Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Boss 302 Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

Sweet Lorraine - Circa March 2015
Sweet Lorraine - Circa September 2015

#5 cholmes1

cholmes1

New Boss 302 Member

• Mountain Region
  • 140 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 Laguna Seca
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:48 AM

I agree the other posters.  Condition and mileage are the keys to pricing.  If you have a base Boss with more than 10K miles and some light modifications you likely will be 5K less than a base Boss with no mods and very low miles.  Other factors would be a complete owners kit, Track Key activated, maintenance records, etc.  I believe the Laguna Seca models follow the same basic rules, they just start at a slightly higher base point.  If you are looking for a 'quick' sale you can treat it like a 12' - 13' GT and post it in the low 30s or high 20s and have it sold in a week.  GLWS

• TymeSlayer, 302 Hi Pro and Rich B. like this

#6 TK6

TK6

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 16 posts
  • Region:U.S., Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 BOSS 302 SBY

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:14 PM

The Boss is a "specialty vehicle".  It takes a special buyer.  Most uninformed buyers are not willing to pay a premium over a regular GT.  Now, the smart ones like us, know the added performance, feel, fun, rareness etc, etc, etc,....make the Boss a great value!!  That said, there are still many sellers who ask too much and the car sits.

#7 Boss1145

Boss1145

New Boss 302 Member

• Northeast Region
  • 43 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss 302 #1145
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:51 PM

..... Has something happened that I have missed with our Boss cars? I figured when I bought the car it wouldn't be a tough sell when it came time to sell. I mean sure the GT350 is out now, but Boss 302's are still a rare, limited production, and historic car. Good grief. 

Thoughts?

I think you answered your own question ..what has happened is the GT350. As I see it there are those like me who bought a Boss 302 because it's one of the cars that I have always wanted and i don't foresee ever selling it. But there are others who bought Boss 302s to track them and in 2012-13 the Boss was the most track ready Mustang they could buy, So now the GT350 is out which is even more track ready so they are trading or selling  their Boss for a GT350.  Add that to those who just have the have the newest car on the block so we have a larger than normal  supply and dropping prices though they seemed to have bottomed out.

I expect the same thing to happen with the GT500s if the rumors of a future 750+ HP GT500  are true.

Edited by Boss1145, 18 March 2017 - 02:53 PM.

• TymeSlayer, 302 Hi Pro, Ginger and 1 other like this

IMG 0467

#8 noac

noac

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 35 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:21 PM

Take the time to put together the proper classified ad.  Have pics of everything saved that you can text or email potential buyers.  Have undercarriage pics.  Mention the original sales documentation if you have it with the car and include pics of it.  Original window sticker, dealer documentation, factory documentation like invoice and DORA are important.  List them and include pics.  Have original car cover and original owners kit?  Maybe memorabilia from the Boss 302 Track Attack?  Track key Documentation?  Original Parnelli Jones Autographed portrait?  Original oil filter, Battery and tires saved.  Mention these items and include pictures in your ad.  The more original your car the easier it should be to sell.  Try to make your car as appealing to an enthusiast as possible in your ad.  Did you always hand wash your car....mention stuff like that. Your car will sell.  I also like to include cell phone number in the ad.  Most serious buyers want to talk and by having your number out there makes you accessible.

#9 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,318 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:07 AM

Some really good advice even I would follow. Too, I've had a few used cars and I can say from the buyers aspect I was looking for honesty, how well the car was cared for. Way better buying from a private seller, the dealers, not saying all but they'll do anything to sell a used car. I made out OK but say a year after ownership and your vacuuming under the seats and find those little broken pebbles of safety glass?

That happened twice to me, these cars appeared flawless and even after the fact I couldn't locate any damage. But you knew a windshield or side window had been broken into those little safety shards. And they had clean Carfax reports, don't completely ever rely on those. Stay away from leased and rental car purchase too, can be very masked, even flood damage Bosses can be for sale, dried out and never insurance claimed. Owner may of had the car but couldn't afford the insurance, who knows?

My point being from both sides of the coin, for sales you must be a salesman of sort. Not necessiliary in person but the material presentation as stated in threads here. Believe "Egan" was it just sold his Boss, had his sale portfolio here anyways. Now I would of bought his car myself as an example if I were searching or serious consideration at least. If a Boss for sale also had a set of expensive axlebacks, would be a plus if I were interested. New tires, not a good feature on a car with 4K miles lol.

Edited by Rich B., 19 March 2017 - 05:15 AM.

• 302 Hi Pro and Ginger like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·