Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Problems w factory paint!!!??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BaddGrL13boss

BaddGrL13boss

New Boss 302 Member

• Northeast Region
  • 9 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 boss 302 GHIG
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:34 AM

Anyone else having issues with the paint on their bumper or anywhere else on their car?
I have a 2013 gotta have it green boss. And I have noticed over time that there is a black line forming on the edge of my front bumper near the wheel well. Almost looks like they never cleared the edges. But the black line is becoming more and more noticable and it's getting to the point that it looks like the paint is ready to chip. I have heard the bumper is originally black before it is ever painted. I have been to the dealership where I purchased it new and they have taken pictures. Now I'm just waiting to see what it said. I was just curious if anyone else has any issues with their paint. My car is garage kept and parked from November - April. So she is well taken care of. I believe this is a factory issue wth the paint.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I would post pics, but I am not sure how to go about that.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#2 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,295 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:20 PM

Could this be a sandblasting effect? Tires are wider than wheel wells and if you drive on gritty roads? No problem with mine, believe too there's a clear coat over finish. Might be a road tar buildup, may come right off with say thinner or polishing compound. Sandblasting would leave kind of tiny pock marks where the paint has been removed and the existing paint is still intact.

Edited by Rich B., 04 April 2017 - 04:05 AM.

#3 BaddGrL13boss

BaddGrL13boss

New Boss 302 Member

• Northeast Region
  • 9 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 boss 302 GHIG

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:50 PM

Thank you for getting back to me. Unfortunately I don't think that's the case. I wash my car once a week and she is clay bar and waxed 2-4x a year. She is always clean.. I think it was somethjng to do with the clear coat and paint. Looks like they didn't clear the edges. I've tried cleaning it without any harsh chemicals and I don't want to make it any worse or any more noticeable.

#4 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,295 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:48 PM

Rodger that on the paint. I'm very disappointed with the fact the trunk wheel well is still primer only and gunk spread, underneath is just primer and skimpy paint within the wheel well areas.

Hood pin sets were bubbling hood paint because of the aluminum hood, steel screws and scuff plates (dissimiliar metals) and/or retainer stanchions. Guess I'm lucky, the outside paint seems to be flawless as long as you.dont start looking underneath or lift the trunk carpet. Engine compartment is painted but guess, I can't recall in the 60's or so the engine compartments were painted a semi-gloss black, maybe not all. Attached File  image.jpeg   118.87KB   0 downloads Here's a same photo I had but why not a durable rust, sound and small stone impact resistant finish underneath? Attached File  image.jpeg   136.89KB   0 downloads

Edited by Rich B., 20 April 2017 - 05:10 AM.

#5 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• 4,330 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 KB Boss 302 Mustang
  • Boss 302's Year:2012

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:04 PM

Hi BaddGrL13Boss:

Can you post a few pics of the affected paint areas of your concern? It would help us to give you our opinions of what it might be. Are you the original owner of your Boss 302?

Also welcome to the Boss 302 Forum. Hope you are enjoying your 2013 GHIG Boss 302.

All the Best,
302 Hi Pro

2012 KB Boss 302 MC: 500A | Boss Production Line Assembly Number 2800. Vehicle Special Ordered with Recaro Sport Seats & 3.73:1 Torsen Option | Engine: FRPP 84.5MM TB, Peterson CJ Vent Can, TracKey Activated, AirAid CF PJ CAI, FRPP 84.5MM TB | Drivetrain: AE 4.0" Aluminum DS, MGW Gen 3 Race Spec Shifter, GT500 Clutch Pedal Box, FRPP Stainless Clutch Line, Dedicated Clutch Fluid Reservoir, FRPP Trans Cooler Scoop. | Exhaust: Silver Ceramic Kooks Super Street Headers, MagnaFlow Street/Comp 3.0" SS CB X-Pipe System, Open Kooks SS Boss Side Pipes. | Suspension: FRPP "T" Springs (alternate Steeda Boss Rear Springs), Koni Sports (Yellow) Adjustable Struts/Shocks, Steeda HD Camber Plates, Cortex Watts Link, Steeda Billet KB Poly/Spherical LCA's, KB LCA Relo Brkts, Steeda Adj. UCA & Energy Suspension Sys. Upper Diff Housing Bush, OEM Boss Rear Sway Bar | FRPP GT500 Forged wheels, (19X9.0 F & 19X10.0" R) | Brakes: FRPP Boss 302 Cooling Duct Kit, Steeda SS/Kevlar Brake Lines, GT500 13.8" Rear Rotors, GT500 Rear Brake Pads, Dot 4 Motul 600 HT Fluid | Body: FRPP Boss 302S Grill, FRPP Boss 302 LS Front Splitter, FRPP GT500 Rear Spoiler & Serviceable Gurney Strip, BFR Front Tow Hook, Jacking Plates, 3M Window Tint, (35/20), OEM Boss 302 Floor Mats & Boss 302 Car Cover, Pioneer TS-D6802R Speaker System, Auto Dim, Home Link & Compass Mirror. Notes: Current Intake System - Ram Air thru Front Grill Fog Light, OEM CAI Box and AEM Aluminum Intake Tube with Drop-In High Flow Filter. In Testing Spring 2016. SCT-X4 Tuner used exclusively for Data-Logging AFR/Timing Curves Only. FRPP TracKey is Preferred PCM Tune.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·