Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Voucher or paperwork for Trac Key?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 MustangLife

MustangLife

New Boss 302 Member

• Southeast Region
  • 36 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:25 PM

So I bought a 2013 Boss 302 about a year ago that has the red trac key. I didn't get any paperwork or voucher from the previous owner and was wondering if anybody that has this paperwork or voucher info can either post pictures of it all or direct me to where I can see the paperwork or voucher online. I noticed a 91+ sticker on my gas door and think that is part of the paperwork and voucher info. Anyway any help would be great. Thanks!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#2 ZeroGER

ZeroGER

New Boss 302 Member

• European Region
  • 52 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Mustang Boss 302 Kona Blue
  • Boss 302's Year:2012

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:32 AM

When you insert the trackey and start the engine, does it say trackey active - track use only?

#3 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• 4,334 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2012 KB Boss 302 Mustang

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:45 AM

The 91 Octane sticker inside the fuel door is a good sign. This sticker came with the TK Voicher packet. The packet consisted of on 8X10" padded envelope with 4 items.

1. The 91 Octane sticker
2. Custiomer instruction sheets
3. Technician instruction sheets
4. TK Voucher Serial number/ Code Number sheet, used to verify TK and install TK

Also, once installed by the Ford Dealer Service Department, Ford Racing would send out another sticker for placement under the hood. Most are installed on the Driver side shock tower.

It looks like this:

image_zpskxmjwiuo.jpeg
  • TymeSlayer likes this

2012 KB Boss 302 MC: 500A | Boss Production Line Assembly Number 2800. Vehicle Special Ordered with Recaro Sport Seats & 3.73:1 Torsen Option | Engine: FRPP 84.5MM TB, Peterson CJ Vent Can, TracKey Activated, AirAid CF PJ CAI, FRPP 84.5MM TB | Drivetrain: AE 4.0" Aluminum DS, MGW Gen 3 Race Spec Shifter, GT500 Clutch Pedal Box, FRPP Stainless Clutch Line, Dedicated Clutch Fluid Reservoir, FRPP Trans Cooler Scoop. | Exhaust: Silver Ceramic Kooks Super Street Headers, MagnaFlow Street/Comp 3.0" SS CB X-Pipe System, Open Kooks SS Boss Side Pipes. | Suspension: FRPP "T" Springs (alternate Steeda Boss Rear Springs), Koni Sports (Yellow) Adjustable Struts/Shocks, Steeda HD Camber Plates, Cortex Watts Link, Steeda Billet KB Poly/Spherical LCA's, KB LCA Relo Brkts, Steeda Adj. UCA & Energy Suspension Sys. Upper Diff Housing Bush, OEM Boss Rear Sway Bar | FRPP GT500 Forged wheels, (19X9.0 F & 19X10.0" R) | Brakes: FRPP Boss 302 Cooling Duct Kit, Steeda SS/Kevlar Brake Lines, GT500 13.8" Rear Rotors, GT500 Rear Brake Pads, Dot 4 Motul 600 HT Fluid | Body: FRPP Boss 302S Grill, FRPP Boss 302 LS Front Splitter, FRPP GT500 Rear Spoiler & Serviceable Gurney Strip, BFR Front Tow Hook, Jacking Plates, 3M Window Tint, (35/20), OEM Boss 302 Floor Mats & Boss 302 Car Cover, Pioneer TS-D6802R Speaker System, Auto Dim, Home Link & Compass Mirror. Notes: Current Intake System - Ram Air thru Front Grill Fog Light, OEM CAI Box and AEM Aluminum Intake Tube with Drop-In High Flow Filter. In Testing Spring 2016. SCT-X4 Tuner used exclusively for Data-Logging AFR/Timing Curves Only. FRPP TracKey is Preferred PCM Tune.

#4 MustangLife

MustangLife

New Boss 302 Member

• Southeast Region
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:49 AM

When you insert the trackey and start the engine, does it say trackey active - track use only?

I do get the message:

TracKey Active

Track Use Only

I do not get the TracKey Idle Enabled or TracKey Engine Enabled messages. I also don't think I hear the lopey idle.

The 91 Octane sticker inside the fuel door is a good sign. This sticker came with the TK Voicher packet. The packet consisted of on 8X10" padded envelope with 4 items.

1. The 91 Octane sticker
2. Custiomer instruction sheets
3. Technician instruction sheets
4. TK Voucher Serial number/ Code Number sheet, used to verify TK and install TK

Also, once installed by the Ford Dealer Service Department, Ford Racing would send out another sticker for placement under the hood. Most are installed on the Driver side shock tower.

It looks like this:

image_zpskxmjwiuo.jpeg

How odd I have the red TracKey and the 91+ octane sticker on my gas door, but I don't have the sticker you pictured anywhere on the car (I have read it is something they send the owner a couple weeks after dealer installs and registers the car and I have heard some people don't put them on...) Also see above about missing one of the messages.

Wondering if I have the TracKey features or not... hmmm

Edited by MustangLife, 19 April 2017 - 11:53 AM.

#5 TK6

TK6

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 16 posts
  • Region:U.S., Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 BOSS 302 SBY

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:13 PM

If it says, Track Key Active-Track Use Only, then you have TK installed.  The Track-Key Idle won't be enabled until the coolant is up to temp and other parameters are also met.  So, if you start the car with the Red key when it's already hot, (temp reading is well into the normal range) it will still take a couple minutes and a rev off idle to get it to kick in.  If it still doesn't, there may be fault codes (misfire or something) that is preventing it from activating.  

• TymeSlayer likes this

#6 MustangLife

MustangLife

New Boss 302 Member

• Southeast Region
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:07 PM

If it says, Track Key Active-Track Use Only, then you have TK installed.  The Track-Key Idle won't be enabled until the coolant is up to temp and other parameters are also met.  So, if you start the car with the Red key when it's already hot, (temp reading is well into the normal range) it will still take a couple minutes and a rev off idle to get it to kick in.  If it still doesn't, there may be fault codes (misfire or something) that is preventing it from activating.  

I have read that even if the TracKey programming hasn't been done and you use a red key it will display the Track Key Active-Track Use Only message. I started the car up cold first start with Red TracKey today and drove around for 20-30+ min with TracKey in and never got the idle message. I don't have a check engine light on. Wouldn't the check engine light or wrench light be on if I was having a misfire or something?

#7 Boss1815

Boss1815

New Boss 302 Member

• Northeast Region
  • 353 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:51 PM

I have read that even if the TracKey programming hasn't been done and you use a red key it will display the Track Key Active-Track Use Only message. I started the car up cold first start with Red TracKey today and drove around for 20-30+ min with TracKey in and never got the idle message. I don't have a check engine light on. Wouldn't the check engine light or wrench light be on if I was having a misfire or something?

I think you do get the first TracKey message even if it hasn't been installed. You should definitely see the "TracKey Idle Enabled" message 2 minutes after the temp gets to 170°F, if not, TracKey wasn't programmed, was programmed incorrectly, or you have a sensor failure detected.

You can try launch control or pit lane speed control to help determine whether or not TracKey is installed. Check out the instructions here:

https://performancep...ctions_V2.0.pdf

• TymeSlayer likes this

-Dave

p57703444-3.jpg

#8 guillaume69

guillaume69

French Boss Owner

• European Region
  • 404 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 GB Boss 302 and 1969 GT Sportsroof 351W

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:53 PM

According to my Ford Racing TK instructions, lopey idle will kick in when coolant has been at 170F for 130 seconds and engine not idling.

So something's not working as it should here. Possibly TK tune not flashed at all...

G

Edit: pretty much what previous poster was saying. Didn't see the post, sorry!

Edited by guillaume69, 19 April 2017 - 02:54 PM.

2013 Grabber Blue Boss 302 (#789)

1969 Acapulco Blue GT Sportsroof - 351 W

#9 Ginger

Ginger

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Region:Other
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss 302

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:55 PM

call ford up and give them your vin#. They will be able to tell you if trackey was installed.

• TymeSlayer likes this

#10 MustangLife

MustangLife

New Boss 302 Member

• Southeast Region
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:16 PM

I think you do get the first TracKey message even if it hasn't been installed. You should definitely see the "TracKey Idle Enabled" message 2 minutes after the temp gets to 170°F, if not, TracKey wasn't programmed, was programmed incorrectly, or you have a sensor failure detected.

You can try launch control or pit lane speed control to help determine whether or not TracKey is installed. Check out the instructions here:

https://performancep...ctions_V2.0.pdf

It says those features are only on the Ford Racing Cobra Jet and Boss 302S race cars... So my 2013 Boss 302 would have them anyway right?

call ford up and give them your vin#. They will be able to tell you if trackey was installed.

Ford or Ford Performance? Also just the general line?

According to my Ford Racing TK instructions, lopey idle will kick in when coolant has been at 170F for 130 seconds and engine not idling.

So something's not working as it should here. Possibly TK tune not flashed at all...

G

Edit: pretty much what previous poster was saying. Didn't see the post, sorry!

So if it isn't flashed at all I wonder why I have the 91+ sticker on the gas door and the Red Key... Say it isn't flashed or got cleared for w/e reason how do I go about getting it flashed and working?

#11 guillaume69

guillaume69

French Boss Owner

• European Region
  • 404 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 GB Boss 302 and 1969 GT Sportsroof 351W

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:25 PM

Actually, the two keys (silver and red) came with the car new from the dealership, disregarding TK tuned installed or not. Red key is just a spare key until PCM is flashed using Ford Racing voucher code.

G

2013 Grabber Blue Boss 302 (#789)

1969 Acapulco Blue GT Sportsroof - 351 W

#12 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 2,888 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 - 2008 Mercury Mountaineer Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:29 PM

Call the number below:

Thank you for purchasing the Ford Racing TracKey (Ford Racing part number M-14204-
MBTKA) for your 2012 or 2013 Boss 302. This document describes how to use the
features that are unique to TracKey. For the latest version of this document, please visit
www.trackey.ford.com. If you have any questions or comments, contact the Ford
Racing Techline at 1-800-FORD-788 between 8:30 am and 5 pm Eastern time, Monday
through Friday. Before calling, please be prepared to provide the VIN of your vehicle.

Kirk

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Recaro Seats/ Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket/Fire Extinguisher Mount/Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - CoolTech Boss 302 Oil Cooler with T-Stat -  Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Boss 302 Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

Sweet Lorraine - Circa March 2015
Sweet Lorraine - Circa September 2015

#13 Boss1815

Boss1815

New Boss 302 Member

• Northeast Region
  • 353 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:32 PM

It says those features are only on the Ford Racing Cobra Jet and Boss 302S race cars... So my 2013 Boss 302 would have them anyway right?

Ford or Ford Performance? Also just the general line?

So if it isn't flashed at all I wonder why I have the 91+ sticker on the gas door and the Red Key... Say it isn't flashed or got cleared for w/e reason how do I go about getting it flashed and working?

Yeah, when TracKey is installed you get launch control and pit lane speed along with the lopey idle, the features were taken from the Cobra Jet and 302S.

You have to call Ford Performance, they'll have the records for your VIN.

The sticker came with the TracKey package, so if it's there you should have TracKey. Maybe it wasn't done right (that happened a fair amount early on with some dealers). Maybe they had the voucher and never got TracKey installed but put the sticker on anyway. Who knows? Could be a lot of things.

I'd try the launch control and see what happens. If it works, TracKey is installed but something is keeping the lopey idle from kicking in.

• TymeSlayer likes this

-Dave

p57703444-3.jpg

#14 MustangLife

MustangLife

New Boss 302 Member

• Southeast Region
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:34 PM

So I called the number and gave the guy my VIN and he said hold on let me see what I can find. The line went silent while he clicked away for a few min then he said my vin wasn't showing registered for it. I asked why and how I got the the 91+ octane sticker on my gas door and he said that is on all Boss cars and not just TracKey enabled cars... That doesn't match what I find in research, but ok... Either way it appears the car never had it according to him... 

It also appears Ford kept it exclusive and is only allowing "X" amount of people to have the tune and option by creating a "voucher system"... That is pretty dumb in my opinion and makes me kind of more disappointed with Ford than this Boss has already made me with the other issues I had with the car when I first got the car... sighhh

Thanks all for the help.

• Rich B. likes this

#15 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,318 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:35 AM

I could be wrong but think the 91 Octane sticker came with the initial Tk portfolio, sent to dealer after TK purchase from FP (never got K&N filter), but not put there from factory. Recall I put that on in place of original and placed that directly above it on cap inside. Had to call Ford Perfqormance for fender well label and they sent right out, had my name even printed on back of it.

If there's no registration with them of Tk, doubt you have it then. Maybe hand held version will show this upcoming year, rumor mill. Think I'd still rather have just a mild tune install, too late now.

Edited by Rich B., 20 April 2017 - 05:49 AM.

#16 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 Builder

• 4,334 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 KB Boss 302 Mustang

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:39 AM

Here is a true TK story.

Special Ordered and took delivery of my Boss in 2011. The long awaited TK announced ready for purchase in late 2011.

Purchased TK in summer of 2012 from Fred Beans, they were a Ford Racing Sponsor Dealer At Carlisle National all Ford Show. Paid $250 Cash. Was shocked I paid $250 for a few pieces of paper and a 91 Octane Sticker. That square sticker only comes with TK. But it was a Ford OEM Boss 302 accessory/option so why not get it?

Threw it in the desk drawer and forgot about it, plus Forum Members discussing "Void your Warranty".

While at my Ford Dealer in 2013, the Service Tech said, No TrackKey is fine and no effect on your warranty. Ok I'll install it, made appointment and the Service Tech and I installed actually downloaded the TK program from Ford Racing. Even in 2013 the Ford Tech had to hunt for an OLD LapTop Computer to complete download. Took 2 or 3 attempts as it lost the connection X2. Tech said it was on their side. But got her'done.

It worked! I had open Side Pipes and a MagnaFlow 3.0" X-Pipe Cat-Back exhaust system installed. TK idle kicked in in the shop and we all looked at each other??? Damn! That's sounds good was the Tech consensus.

Now flash forward to 2016, I keep reading and seeing this sticker and I never received mine! So I called Ford Racing and the guy on the phone said the same thing: Your VIN is not in our system, Imgive him the information and he said: I'll start a case file for you in our System. A week later, i received my Bordello Engineering Sticker and placed it under my hood.

Had I not called, my Boss would have showed up as not in the system, TK never registered, yet I had it for about 3 years.

Funny thing. I rarely used TK until the June/July of 2015 when I installed my Kooks Super Street Headers, and open Kooks Boss 302 Side Pipes . It made a considerable difference!

Now, Silver Key is my spare key!

302 Hi Pro

Edited by 302 Hi Pro, 20 April 2017 - 06:49 AM.

• Tl9437 likes this

2012 KB Boss 302 MC: 500A | Boss Production Line Assembly Number 2800. Vehicle Special Ordered with Recaro Sport Seats & 3.73:1 Torsen Option | Engine: FRPP 84.5MM TB, Peterson CJ Vent Can, TracKey Activated, AirAid CF PJ CAI, FRPP 84.5MM TB | Drivetrain: AE 4.0" Aluminum DS, MGW Gen 3 Race Spec Shifter, GT500 Clutch Pedal Box, FRPP Stainless Clutch Line, Dedicated Clutch Fluid Reservoir, FRPP Trans Cooler Scoop. | Exhaust: Silver Ceramic Kooks Super Street Headers, MagnaFlow Street/Comp 3.0" SS CB X-Pipe System, Open Kooks SS Boss Side Pipes. | Suspension: FRPP "T" Springs (alternate Steeda Boss Rear Springs), Koni Sports (Yellow) Adjustable Struts/Shocks, Steeda HD Camber Plates, Cortex Watts Link, Steeda Billet KB Poly/Spherical LCA's, KB LCA Relo Brkts, Steeda Adj. UCA & Energy Suspension Sys. Upper Diff Housing Bush, OEM Boss Rear Sway Bar | FRPP GT500 Forged wheels, (19X9.0 F & 19X10.0" R) | Brakes: FRPP Boss 302 Cooling Duct Kit, Steeda SS/Kevlar Brake Lines, GT500 13.8" Rear Rotors, GT500 Rear Brake Pads, Dot 4 Motul 600 HT Fluid | Body: FRPP Boss 302S Grill, FRPP Boss 302 LS Front Splitter, FRPP GT500 Rear Spoiler & Serviceable Gurney Strip, BFR Front Tow Hook, Jacking Plates, 3M Window Tint, (35/20), OEM Boss 302 Floor Mats & Boss 302 Car Cover, Pioneer TS-D6802R Speaker System, Auto Dim, Home Link & Compass Mirror. Notes: Current Intake System - Ram Air thru Front Grill Fog Light, OEM CAI Box and AEM Aluminum Intake Tube with Drop-In High Flow Filter. In Testing Spring 2016. SCT-X4 Tuner used exclusively for Data-Logging AFR/Timing Curves Only. FRPP TracKey is Preferred PCM Tune.

#17 Boss1815

Boss1815

New Boss 302 Member

• Northeast Region
  • 353 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:01 AM

Like 302HP said, the 91+ sticker came with TracKey. I had no sticker on my car from the factory, all Boss cars did not have it.

Your VIN won't be registered with Ford Performance until TracKey is installed. There is a chance the original owner bought the voucher and never installed it. That would explain the car having the sticker. The bad news is that with TracKey now unavailable, they may have sold that voucher for a bunch of cash instead of including it with the car.

I'd still follow the instructions and see if you can set and use launch control as a test for TracKey. Do you have the Badillo sticker anywhere on the car? Something sounds sketchy, but maybe you get lucky and TracKey is there. There would be something wrong with a sensor or something, but that's probably easier to take care of than finding a voucher.

-Dave

p57703444-3.jpg

#18 MustangLife

MustangLife

New Boss 302 Member

• Southeast Region
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:42 AM

Here is a true TK story.

Special Ordered and took delivery of my Boss in 2011. The long awaited TK announced ready for purchase in late 2011.

Purchased TK in summer of 2012 from Fred Beans, they were a Ford Racing Sponsor Dealer At Carlisle National all Ford Show. Paid $250 Cash. Was shocked I paid $250 for a few pieces of paper and a 91 Octane Sticker. That square sticker only comes with TK. But it was a Ford OEM Boss 302 accessory/option so why not get it?

Threw it in the desk drawer and forgot about it, plus Forum Members discussing "Void your Warranty".

While at my Ford Dealer in 2013, the Service Tech said, No TrackKey is fine and no effect on your warranty. Ok I'll install it, made appointment and the Service Tech and I installed actually downloaded the TK program from Ford Racing. Even in 2013 the Ford Tech had to hunt for an OLD LapTop Computer to complete download. Took 2 or 3 attempts as it lost the connection X2. Tech said it was on their side. But got her'done.

It worked! I had open Side Pipes and a MagnaFlow 3.0" X-Pipe Cat-Back exhaust system installed. TK idle kicked in in the shop and we all looked at each other??? Damn! That's sounds good was the Tech consensus.

Now flash forward to 2016, I keep reading and seeing this sticker and I never received mine! So I called Ford Racing and the guy on the phone said the same thing: Your VIN is not in our system, Imgive him the information and he said: I'll start a case file for you in our System. A week later, i received my Bordello Engineering Sticker and placed it under my hood.

Had I not called, my Boss would have showed up as not in the system, TK never registered, yet I had it for about 3 years.

Funny thing. I rarely used TK until the June/July of 2015 when I installed my Kooks Super Street Headers, and open Kooks Boss 302 Side Pipes . It made a considerable difference!

Now, Silver Key is my spare key!

302 Hi Pro

So lets say it was installed at one point and when the car was traded in or sold to or how ever the Ford dealer it was sold at CPO flashed the car stock as part of the CPO deal knowing or maybe not knowing TracKey was uploaded. So like you it was never recorded. I wonder how I go about getting it back on? Any thoughts/advice?

Like 302HP said, the 91+ sticker came with TracKey. I had no sticker on my car from the factory, all Boss cars did not have it.

Your VIN won't be registered with Ford Performance until TracKey is installed. There is a chance the original owner bought the voucher and never installed it. That would explain the car having the sticker. The bad news is that with TracKey now unavailable, they may have sold that voucher for a bunch of cash instead of including it with the car.

I'd still follow the instructions and see if you can set and use launch control as a test for TracKey. Do you have the Badillo sticker anywhere on the car? Something sounds sketchy, but maybe you get lucky and TracKey is there. There would be something wrong with a sensor or something, but that's probably easier to take care of than finding a voucher.

Only sticker I have is 91+ on gas cap. The other sticker is no where on the car. Maybe have been taken off by above Ford dealer when they CPO the car? IDK I agree something sounds off since I have the 91+ sticker.

------------------------

Is there a way they can check to see if it ever had it? I know over on another forum I am a member of people say their warranties have been voided because Ford is able to see it has had a BAMA tune or the like on the car at one time or another even if they take their car in stock with stock tune somehow Ford is able to know. Is this like that I wonder?

#19 GHIGBoss302

GHIGBoss302

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 73 posts
  • Region:Other
  • Current Vehicle:GHIG Boss 302

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:01 PM

Ford knows because they can see how many times the pcm has been reflashed vs their recorded number of reflashes to the pcm.. If you bought the boss and worry about the warranty then by all means stick with the track if you can find it. 

My boss never had any octane sticker any where on it. 

Personally , even though i work for a different manufacturer ,it really depends on the dealership. When the 5.0 first came out .Ford had pictures and things to check for tunes in cars ,Because they were burning pistons and causing other issues. On a gt500 if the front and rear tires were more than 2/32 difference they could say you were racing it and void your warranty.. BUt its usually up to the TECH to void or overlook mods.. 

I have reflashed my pcm with a aftermarket tune and it runs great ,never had the track key because i couldnt find a "voucher".Even though my car had the red key.. No regrets on the aftermarket tune. I mod my cars from day one. I know the risks i take by doing so. Because one she leaves the lot she will never see the dealership again.. 

• TymeSlayer, 302 Hi Pro and Rich B. like this

2013 GHIG Boss 302 

Mods just a few:

Steeda CAI

Tuners inc= custom tune

Kooks shorty headers

No cats

2013 gt500 cat back 

blowfish racing shifter bracket

DSS one piece driveshaft

2013 gt500 cooling fan

mcleod RST twin disk clutch w/2013 gt500 master cyl.

Ford racing clutch line

13.8 gt500 rear disks and adapter brackets(so i can run stock brakes during race season)

steeda boss springs

Fully adjustable UPR rear suspension 

447rwhp -392rwtq

11.6@119 best 1/4 to date

#20 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,318 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:28 AM

I'm thinking aside from the fact that FP has no record of the TK transaction that the red key was lost or damaged. Several instances of one or the other have been noted on forums. That being the case, a red key may get reintroduced as a normal or silver key. In other words a second key was made and just duplicated with existing silver key for a 2 key car by dealer before resale?

So initially if the car was equipped with TK purchase, it may of been easier to just duplicate/replace with the existing silver key PCM program? Then shock tower decal was peeled off but the gas cap 91 octane label forgotten. Tried looking up TK reprogram when key is lost and with the 2 separate routing entities (could find nothing) am guessing key replacement may revert with the lesser of the two evils.

As usual with the issues that show up, hope they are resolved and am interested in findings. These things can happen to anybody- anytime. Good to know some background and me, just kicking the can here.

Edited by Rich B., 21 April 2017 - 05:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·