Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Garage Floor Tile Recommendation

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mjscc1

Mjscc1

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 46 posts
  • Region:U.S., Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 SBY Boss 302
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:01 PM

If this subject has been brought up I apologize. I'm considering doing a portion of my garage in the interlocking floor tiles. Seems to be a competitive market now and a little overwhelming. Looking for recommendations out there. With all the manufacturers out there with pricing from $2/sf up to $5-6/sf what's my best bet. There's RaceDeck, TrueLock, Gladiator, and a ton of others. I work for a high end specialty coating company and may end up just doing an epoxy floor with a full broadcast flake.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#2 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 2,969 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 - 2008 Mercury Mountaineer Premier
  • Boss 302's Year:2012
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:14 PM

I have Racedeck flooring which is better than just about any epoxy coating out there. No matter what anyone claims, the epoxy coating I've used have always started coming up at some point and to some degree. The Racedeck flooring has taken it's share of abuse but still looks great although faded in areas when exposure to sunlight is prevalent. I've dropped fluids and tools and she holds up great. I did jack up the car a few tymes and learned that it's best to lay out small wood planks down under the jacks. The tiles I damaged were easily replaced. I also have to commend the folks at Racedeck who have sent a few sample tiles several years after installation so that I could fix these dumb mistakes on my part. You'll really dig their customer service. Buy a few extras just in case. They also sell a solution to restore shine to their tiles which will help keep it looking new. 

• Rich B. likes this

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Recaro Seats/ Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket / Fire Extinguisher Mount / Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - CoolTech Boss 302 Oil Cooler with T-Stat / 6PT Harness Belts and Clips - Corbeau Harness Bar - Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

Sweet Lorraine - Circa March 2015

#3 Ginger

Ginger

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 157 posts
  • Region:Other
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss 302

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:15 PM

If you ask me.....Stay away from the tiles.

Fluids can get underneath the tiles. No matter how well they interlock. Clean up is way easier with a coating. If you have access to coating your floor and is in good shape. That's the money ticket. Never have to worry about a jack or stand breaking the tile. If the prep work and coating is done right. Which means sanding / grinding the floor to bring it back to a pure finish. This is the key to having the epoxy bond. Just power washing will not cut the mustard. It's a floor for life. Even if you choose to just seal the floor with epoxy. Spill gear oil and just wipe it up.

Post some pictures which ever way you choose.

Edited by Ginger, 11 August 2017 - 01:22 PM.

#4 Mjscc1

Mjscc1

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:01 PM

I tend to agree Ginger. I'm not talking about the coatings your local H-D offers. I'm talking a good S-W, or PPG epoxy-urethane system, or trowel down. It's all about the prep. Shot blast at the least. I think the tiles, or an Ergo mat may work out in front of my work bench. Thanks guys

#5 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 2,969 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 - 2008 Mercury Mountaineer Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:16 PM

My garage is 1056 SF and about 80% is covered in this Race Decking. Previously I had two pro installed acrylic paint jobs on a new floor, properly prepped and expensively applied jobs that came up within a year. Perhaps I've been tainted but the the tile ended up costing less than the $8000 no slip flooring that was supposed to last forever. It came up in three months. I got my money back and bought the flooring I have now. These tiles do drain but Ginger is correct that and oils and such fluids will not drain out like water does but it doesn't stain either. These tile can be a bit slippery when wet, which you may be able to fix with some kind of grit base added to your acrylic paint. 

Whatever you choose, let's see some pictures!

Attached File  ES Garage 10 (4).JPG   138.83KB   0 downloads

Attached File  ES Garage 10 (9).JPG   147.94KB   0 downloads

• Rich B. likes this

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Recaro Seats/ Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket / Fire Extinguisher Mount / Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - CoolTech Boss 302 Oil Cooler with T-Stat / 6PT Harness Belts and Clips - Corbeau Harness Bar - Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

Sweet Lorraine - Circa March 2015

#6 Mjscc1

Mjscc1

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:38 PM

That does look great man. Thanks for sharing.

• TymeSlayer likes this

#7 Rich B.

Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,449 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:29 PM

Our first house was a converted camp on the Saco River, 1 mile downstream from the Limington Rapids. We had the house jacked and daylight basement facing river. We did the floor with a yellow gold epoxy and it was all lifting in 6 months. Company told us the problem was incorrect etching of the cement, it was the smooth polished floor.

Point is we had to scrape up the epoxy and really etch the floor good with acid, stuff didn't lift a second time. See if I can find that stretch of river on Google now.Attached File  image.jpeg   195.67KB   0 downloads Note reflection of trees in water.Attached File  image.jpeg   194.15KB   0 downloads Rapids were way low when this was taken, white water in the spring.

Almost forgot, that was all game preserve across the river and where we saw the UFO activity back in the early 70's (no drugs) all over the place, Saco River Valley. Aircraft today are slow compared, laser projection technology (nothing like that) still being perfected. Wasn't the only one to see as such, several sightings also south towards Waterboro.

Con't.- One night too around 9:00 I heard a strange sound across river. Rowed over to investigate as I thought a fawn was stuck in the mud (river was low). Wife was down by the dock and said this saucer came by so close she hid in the woods. I never saw or heard a thing, or did I?

Wait a minute (keep remembering things, old age syndrome). I had recently built one of those electronic bug zappers with 3' black light tubes (45 years ago now?), hanging on a bracket riverside no less. Still have and recently upgraded to 10K volts with outer HV grid. Harmless to humans as it uses furnace xfmr. (Like grabbing spark plug wire with engine running). So we always thought that's what brought the UFO in for a closer look! Love to see the giant night moths get caught up in that, look like a little airplane on fire and crashing to the ground. Mosquitoes forget it, would actually plug the space between grids up and short out. Don't see the zappers around anymore, fun, everything has been changed one time or another and it'll outlast me......

Good thing we're in Lounge-Off Topic, anything goes. I'm real good at changing things, still in the garage anyways. Attached File  image.jpeg   238.08KB   0 downloads

Edited by Rich B., 17 August 2017 - 04:41 PM.

• TymeSlayer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·