Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Air Oil seperator

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 3,125 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4 SuperCrew FX4 - 2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302
  • Boss 302's Year:2012
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:44 PM

Sure it works fine. The first picture is with the Caster/Camber plates, the second is without. 

2012%20Boss%20302%20Mustang%201022_zpsfl

026-RoushStrutTowerKit-421326_zps8d22744

• WHO DA likes this

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Recaro Seats/ Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket / Fire Extinguisher Mount / Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - CoolTech Boss 302 Oil Cooler with T-Stat / 6PT Harness Belts and Clips - Corbeau Harness Bar - Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

Sweet Lorraine - Circa March 2015

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#22 Tnelson184

Tnelson184

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 68 posts
  • Region:U.S., Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:'13 Boss 302
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:45 PM

The JLT looks like they do a fine job at stopping oil from getting into the intake manifold. I can't speak from experience since I have a Peterson catch/breather can set up. I know this way there is zero chance of any oil reaching the intake. I sent mine out to be anodized black to blend in a little better. I do notice a little bit of an oil smell every now and then, but nothing major. I might consider a coyote model can from Peterson in the future and route the vent down near the transmission. 

Also, when using a JLT you only need the passenger side can. The driver side is the fresh air inlet for the PCV system, almost no chance of any oil ever going in that side. As shown by people who have both and report nothing in the drivers side can. 

Attached Files

• TMSBOSS and TymeSlayer like this

#23 Rich B.

Rich B.

Not another year gone by?

• Northeast Region
  • 3,647 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:01 AM

Can't remember if the '67 Fastback had a PCV valve even, '69 road runner did for sure. Recall something about a hose from the oil cap routed back into engine or air filter, something like that.

The only thing I've questioned prior, is it better to remove internal contaminates by reburning or just have system open to atmosphere? Maybe the same difference as removing converters? https://en.m.wikiped...tilation_system https://en.wikipedia...lytic_converter

Edited by Rich B., 22 January 2018 - 05:12 AM.

#24 lee01

lee01

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 11 posts
  • Region:Canada, Central
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302
  • Boss 302's Year:2012

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:04 AM

Nice looking separator all right with FP logo. But do you have to undo the cover with screws to empty out excessive oil? Also where those are mounted do hoses and bracket need to be disconnected for pouring out catch can oil? Also must have a containment sump and be baffled I'd imagine.

haven't emptied once, its been there for around 200 miles ;)

It took 5 minutes to installed, so shouldn't too hard to take it off and clean it.

• TymeSlayer and Rich B. like this

'12 YB #0664

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·