Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

purchasing a 2012 boss

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Boss0185

Boss0185

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Region:U.S., South Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:19 PM

Thank you sir!!
Heres my Shelby sticker....and my Monroney

I dont have the window sticker need to get one
Thanks. Mike is my name and performance is my business. 😂
Picture today with blacked out wheels. The rim edge portion. Its plastic dip so its easy to remove in the future.

Attached Files

Edited by Boss0185, 29 November 2017 - 03:37 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#22 Rich B.

Rich B.

Not another year gone by?

• Northeast Region
  • 3,578 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:32 AM

Shelby GT class 101.....The 07/08 SGTs were sent to Shelby Automobile Inc. in Vegas directly from the ford factory. Shelby modified the cars like they did back in 1965. This was the first time Ford and Shelby got back together in over 40 years. The same concept as the Shelby GT 350 1965/1966/1967/1968 cars. To the purist this is the true Shelby. Carroll Shelby had his hands all over these SGTs.
See the MSRP window sticker from Shelby Automobile inc. Once a car was complete it was shipped to a Ford dealer. Two years only production in two colors. White or black.
Shelby also had a race team back in 1970 and had two Boss cars. Bud Moore had the better combination and won the championship for Ford with the Boss 302. Both Carroll Shelby and Parnelli Jones were some what involved in the 12/13 boss development. It all started back in 2009 as a secret six person skunkworks team within Ford. Most people probably know this but there is a guy on this forum ( bossmustang ) that was a member of that team ...how cool is that.
Sorry off topic and now back to the BOSS cars.

Roger that on the Shelbys. My understanding on those are for the added money the car offered nothing much more performance wise, maybe 10 more HP over a GT? Thinking of something like the Shinoda Boss vs the GT back in the 90's and going with the name for sales.

Not cutting down or knocking at all, it's just the way things were. Also had the Bullitt Mustang out around that time, same difference. Those don't seem to be doing much of anything these days.

Recall too, that Shelby GT also had the CS signed dash plaque. Maybe hood also, can't say. Well wait, Carroll Shelby had been over to Dodge souping up 4 cylinders and I would say nobody wants one at all today lol. Advertised also about the toe and heel method of braking and speed shifting. The Dodge Shelby Charger..... Attached File  image.jpeg   197.59KB   1 downloads Yup, for real, CS logo on seats even. Attached File  image.jpeg   77.81KB   0 downloads Attached File  image.jpeg   30.39KB   0 downloads

Edited by Rich B., 01 December 2017 - 05:01 AM.

• sfcdefinder likes this

#23 Boss0185

Boss0185

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:52 AM

The

Roger that on the Shelbys. My understanding on those are for the added money the car offered nothing much more performance wise, maybe 10 more HP over a GT? Thinking of something like the Shinoda Boss vs the GT back in the 90's and going with the name for sales.
Not cutting down or knocking at all, it's just the way things were. Also had the Bullitt Mustang out around that time, same difference. Those don't seem to be doing much of anything these days.
Recall too, that Shelby GT also had the CS signed dash plaque. Maybe hood also, can't say. Well wait, Carroll Shelby had been over to Dodge souping up 4 cylinders and I would say nobody wants one at all today lol. Advertised also about the toe and heel method of braking and speed shifting. The Dodge Shelby Charger..... attachicon.gifimage.jpeg Yup, for real, CS logo on seats even. attachicon.gifimage.jpeg attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

The Shelby GT was about balance on the track. 19 more hp and the suspension to go with it. Just like the 65/66 Shelby GT350. Nothing more nothing less. Enjoy all heritage mustangs.

Edited by Boss0185, 01 December 2017 - 05:44 PM.

• sfcdefinder likes this

#24 Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,578 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:01 AM

Yup, time to wrap it up, probably wrong forum to start with for topic(s) anyways. Forum is pretty easy going and seems to tolerate getting side tracked very well. But how boring, uninteresting would it be if this all didn't occur?

And the SGT is maybe only a 1 second less than the Boss for the 1/4 mile per stats. This is a very impressive car (learning mode again). The right driver/conditions and could easily be equal. HP isn't everything but that's what the Boss is really known for IMHO.

Edited by Rich B., 02 December 2017 - 05:14 AM.

• sfcdefinder likes this

#25 sfcdefinder

sfcdefinder

New Boss 302 Member

• Miss. Valley Region
  • 16 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:2012 boss 302
  • Boss 302's Year:2012

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:29 AM

Recall too, that Shelby GT also had the CS signed dash plaque. Maybe hood also, can't say. Well wait, Carroll Shelby had been over to Dodge souping up 4 cylinders and I would say nobody wants one at all today lol. Advertised also about the toe and heel method of braking and speed shifting. The Dodge Shelby Charger..... attachicon.gifimage.jpeg Yup, for real, CS logo on seats even. attachicon.gifimage.jpeg attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I had a budy of mine that had one of those. It wasn't that good of a car continually gave him issues.

#26 Boss0185

Boss0185

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:08 AM

I had a budy of mine that had one of those. It wasn't that good of a car continually gave him issues.

Yeah those dodge chargers were the low point of Shelbys car designs. IMO. His buddy made him do them.
Never been a mopar fan. Ford and GM only domestic brand.

Edited by Boss0185, 02 December 2017 - 09:13 AM.

• sfcdefinder likes this

#27 Rich B.

Rich B.

• Northeast Region
  • 3,578 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:14 AM

Owned several various Dodges back then, seemed they got worse through the years. Should never have offered the turbocharger option. OK for back then, trying to get V8 performance from 4 cylinders. My Daytona Turbo Z (mile long name) could get a sub 13 1/4 mile but had a Nitrous Oxide system too (only 50HP boost). Don't do it, what was I thinking in those days lmao.

Edited by Rich B., 03 December 2017 - 05:20 AM.

• TymeSlayer, Ginger and sfcdefinder like this

#28 Boss0185

Boss0185

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted Today, 10:12 AM

Glad to be back in a boss

Attached Files