Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Maybe Not:(

Going gone....

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rich B.

Rich B.

Not another year gone by?

• Northeast Region
  • 3,578 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:39 AM

Have noticed some members have made "guest appearances" and fade away. Sorry to witness this but moreso of the question is why? Actually I probably would be gone by now if I still didn't have my '13. It's about common interest and for myself, pick up something new each time I'm here.

I like to see a sense of humor with posts, nothing too serious and including my own for sure. On occasion I have a misinterpretation of things but in general the ulterior motive is learning and relearning. So many have arrived and departed for reasons unknown. It's highly likely they don't have a Boss anymore or just lost interest. Oh too, way more members on forum that don't ever post anything or for that matter Boss 302s from my observations?

First to admit I just don't have the oomph these days or enthusiasm which is good. If only I was like this at 30yo could of stayed out of continously being in trouble lmao. No idea how I lived this long, want to completely exhaust my retirement (DoD one) and have them pay me from their pocket (we'll see). Just have to live longer than their expectations.

Nothing I needed to say or express here at all and just trying to nudge topics along, make things up as I go.

Edited by Rich B., 18 November 2017 - 04:48 AM.

• Ginger likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#2 Ginger

Ginger

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 189 posts
  • Region:Other
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss 302
  • Boss 302's Year:2012

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:00 AM

Nice post Rich, I too have been around for many years and still have my 12 Boss. I'm also think i'm in your age bracket so I understand what you saying and could not agree more.

My retirement is due to happen this January and looking to collect on 2 pensions. I also hold a state license and plan to do small jobs here and there. Along with a small Horse farm to maintain.

This site and a few others have packed my head full of knowledge about the s197 platform. I will admit that my interest has wandered some. My Boss is what I want it to be. Excluding my shifting problems. When the time comes I will replace the clutch. Knowing this problem is there and thanks to this forum and others I don't push the car to 7500rpm. Also if it wont go in the first shot when I feeling like stretching its legs. I back off hoping to not damage the MT82.

I have my eyes on an older jeep. all original and 2 owner with 106,000 on the straight 6cyc. looking to buy it and do a full suspension lift and wheel and tires. Then some body parts like bumpers and winch. And maybe some off road lights. I figure to reach this point it will take me into 2020. Little at a time. My love is for my Boss but looking to have another girl on the side to keep my brain active and taking on challenges and not worrying about ruining an ICON of a Mustang.

My Boss is somewhat stock. Drivetrain is stock with just wheels, P springs in rear along with some dress up parts on the engine. Because of the steeda CAI I did have to tune it for that. Just love that look! I do happen to run the Blowfish Proto type shifter bracket. I also have new in box the first mass produced bracket that Steve put on the market. He even signed it and market it #0001. I was one of those guys that believed in him and got involved to help support him in his quest. Cost was $100 and I received a prototype bracket and a new bracket when all the bugs were worked out.  Steve at Blowfish was a huge pleasure to work with. Very smart engineer and designer. I could see that from his first project for the MT82. 

Well you got my interest by your post Rich. Sorry to ramble on.

Always a pleasure reading and posting on BOSS302 forum. All members are great and have so much to offer. 

Edited by Ginger, 18 November 2017 - 08:00 AM.

• Rich B. likes this

#3 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 3,079 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4 SuperCrew FX4 - 2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:58 AM

I check it daily unless I'm out of town traveling so when you hear little or nothing from me, I'm engaged on the business level. I'm still interested in things I read here on the forum as well as TMO and more recently the F150 forum. But if you don't see anything from me in a week, that's probably why. 

Rich, I know you're retired but Ginger is too young to retire. I'm older and figure I still have six years. 

• Rich B. likes this

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Recaro Seats/ Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket / Fire Extinguisher Mount / Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - CoolTech Boss 302 Oil Cooler with T-Stat / 6PT Harness Belts and Clips - Corbeau Harness Bar - Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

Sweet Lorraine - Circa March 2015

#4 kevin

kevin

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2012 boss #861 1967 Olds 442 1985 Monte Carlo SS 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:33 AM

Yes, I too check this post daily. I am interested in all things Boss even though I am Bossless right now. As I said before it is the best car I ever owned.

• TymeSlayer and Rich B. like this

#5 shrspeedblade

shrspeedblade

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S., Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 Laguna Seca
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:10 PM

Since I'm a new owner of just a month and new to the forum, I'm doing lots of reading/searches but not much posting. I guess it comes from all the years from past automotive forums where most questions have come up multiple times, you just have to search for them and "DO A SEARCH!" is the common response to any question asked.

Since I'm still very much in that new, hyper-enthusiastic phase maybe I'll post a little more of my "new owner" impressions, especially since I've never owned a car like this before!

• TymeSlayer and Rich B. like this

#6 TMSBOSS

TMSBOSS

Experienced Boss Owner

• Great Lakes Region
  • 946 posts
  • Region:U.S., Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:32 PM

Please do. Half the fun of this sport is see what others are doing.
  • Rich B. likes this

Blackhawk13-40.jpg

#7 guillaume69

guillaume69

French Boss Owner

• European Region
  • 510 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • Current Vehicle:2013 GB Boss 302 and 1969 GT Sportsroof 351W

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:31 AM

I have been on this forum since early 2012, when I started shopping for a brand new Boss. As I own a 69 Sportsroof as well, I always thought it must have been incredibly cool to go to a Ford dealer and buy a brand new Boss 302 right off the showroom floor, back in the day. Ford came up with the new 2012/2013 Boss program shortly before my family and I PCSd in NW FL for a 3 years tour in the USAF. Perfect timing! This was like fulfilling a fantasy.

I am 44 now, but with 23 years in active duty, I start feeling like I need to retire more and more...

I still come visit here daily, whether I am looking for some info or have something to show or tell the rest of the gang about my beloved Boss. Also, may be, just because it has become a habit, after 5 years. Every time I log in, I feel like pushing the door of an old pub. Feels nice!

G

Edited by guillaume69, 19 November 2017 - 01:37 AM.

• Rich B. and shrspeedblade like this

2013 Grabber Blue Boss 302 (#789)

1969 Acapulco Blue GT Sportsroof - 351 W

#8 BOSSBOY

BOSSBOY

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 127 posts
  • Region:U.S., Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2012 BOSS 302 - 2016 GT350 Track Pack - 2008 Saleen Gurney Eagle - 2007 Shelby GT - 2016 Stingray Vert

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:16 PM

Evening fellas......Rich......

I come around most every day myself. I may not always log in, but I do check to see what’s new, post wise. I’m not gonna lie, I am on Team Shelby all the time (as BIKEBOY), but I’ve also been a member on there for near 12 years. I joined there in 2006 when I was ordering my first 2007 Shelby GT500. In fact, the site was known as Stangs Unlimited at that time. Robert Lane created that site way back when and then Shelby American bought it from him to have the loyal following come right over, and changed the name to Team Shelby.

I too am retired and spend almost all of my waking hours thinking of cars. Not just mine, but ALL cars!! Thank God for me I have a VERY understanding wife who has through attrition over the years, become a Car Gal. She not only approves of all my ridiculous modding, but has come to actually like most of them. In fact, funny side note, she says most Mustangs are “turds”. LOL. She only likes the ones we have acquired because each one is special in its own way..... collectible. She says regular Mustangs do nothing for her.

As for posting and being funny, that’s exactly how I roll. I’m known as sort of a goofball over at TS. In fact, they have a ‘Like Count’ ticker over there and after all these years, I’m getting real close to the top. I could care less about that.....I just like talking about anything and everything, and it seems you do the same Rich. I like that! :cool:

I’m glad to be a member here and moreover FINALLY a BOSS owner!!!!!!! The ‘12 BOSS has always been on my bucket list, and finding a red/white car was just a bonus for me.

I too would like to see more guys post up, than what’s currently happening, but people get busy, move on, forget its here, yada yada yada.

As for me, I ain’t leaving anytime soon. I live for chatting it up with other car guys!! :happy feet:
  • TymeSlayer, Ginger, Rich B. and 1 other like this

36698853856_dd49c03257_m_d.jpg

2007 Shelby GT Black #5671

2008 Saleen Gurney Eagle Vista Blue

2012 BOSS 302 Red / White 1 of 156

2016 GT350 Avalanche Grey / Blue Stripe

2016 Stingray Vert Silver / Red Guts  :whistling: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·