Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Going side ways during hard braking

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 10le

10le

New Boss 302 Member

• European Region
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Ford MUSTANG BOSS 302
  • Boss 302's Year:2012

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:17 AM

Hello together,

I'm new inside the community and a greenhorn on Ford models. In the past I only drove BMW, but now a BOSS 302 catches my heart.

But has my first problem with him. If I brake hard in wet situation over 160km/h, the car make a hard step side ways to the left. After opening the brake, the car step to the right (logical because of the position of the steering wheel).

It feels like worn wishbones in my old BMW.

Would be very happy, if you could support me.

Servus
10le

Edited by 10le, 25 November 2017 - 06:18 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#2 Ginger

Ginger

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 189 posts
  • Region:Other
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Boss 302

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:26 AM

I would start with checking your right front Caliper. Sounds like it may be frozen and only the left one is working. Also inspect you brake hoses going to the caliper. The factory OEM hoses being rubber can also cause this problem. But when they do go they always seem to do one of the following. Give a spongey pedal feel or will not let the caliper release the brake fluid causing the caliper (brake) to drag. To me it just sounds like a bad caliper. Has that boss been tracked?? Please post some pictures of the calipers removed from the front braking system. Look for melted rubber seals around the pistons in the caliper. Pictures will help all the Boss doctors on this site to get your Boss healthy.

Forgot to add: if you do have to change the caliper. Always change or upgrade the hoses to SS ones.

Edited by Ginger, 25 November 2017 - 07:28 AM.

• Rich B. likes this

#3 guillaume69

guillaume69

French Boss Owner

• European Region
  • 510 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • Current Vehicle:2013 GB Boss 302 and 1969 GT Sportsroof 351W
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 26 November 2017 - 02:08 AM

Hi there,

As much as I love my Boss 302, I would never expect braking performance comparable to a modern BMW, especially on a wet surface at high speed. Its a Mustang. A Boss, for sure, but still a Mustang!

Which is why I would never, ever, trade it for a Beamer...

G
  • TymeSlayer likes this

2013 Grabber Blue Boss 302 (#789)

1969 Acapulco Blue GT Sportsroof - 351 W

#4 BOSSBOY

BOSSBOY

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 127 posts
  • Region:U.S., Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2012 BOSS 302 - 2016 GT350 Track Pack - 2008 Saleen Gurney Eagle - 2007 Shelby GT - 2016 Stingray Vert

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:08 PM

G, it’s funny you mention this.....

I am a Ford guy...bleed Ford blue, breathe Mustang and have had probably ten Mustangs. But I will not tell a lie, I ordered brand new when they first opened the order books at BMW of Scottsdale Az. USA, a 2008 135i coupe. 6spd manual, leatherette seats, and NO options except for floor mats. Bright red......beautiful car!

It was without question, hands down, plain and simple, the most incredible driving car I’ve ever owned.... period! After I installed a short shifter it was even better. I should have never sold the car, looking back. But, the warranty was coming to an end, and EVERYONE knows that you cannot afford to own a BMW outside of warranty coverage. :drop:

36698853856_dd49c03257_m_d.jpg

2007 Shelby GT Black #5671

2008 Saleen Gurney Eagle Vista Blue

2012 BOSS 302 Red / White 1 of 156

2016 GT350 Avalanche Grey / Blue Stripe

2016 Stingray Vert Silver / Red Guts  :whistling: 

#5 10le

10le

New Boss 302 Member

• European Region
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Ford MUSTANG BOSS 302

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:56 AM

Thanks to all for your answers!!

I will start with the caliper in the front. I allways change the brake hoses to SS at my BMWs. But the Boss is only a few days in-house and I don't want to start the fear of my wife, that I will modifying the next car. 😂

Servus
10le

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·