Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Axle Back Install

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mjscc1

Mjscc1

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 62 posts
  • Region:U.S., Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 SBY Boss 302
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:33 PM

Installing Borla Ataks in the Spring on my 13'. One of the videos I recently watched showed them disconnecting the H pipe. Not a big deal but is that actually necessary?

Thank you

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#2 WHO DA

WHO DA

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 35 posts
  • Region:Canada, Western
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302 (GHIG)
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:10 PM

Unnecessary. Axle backs are pretty simple; aside from unbolting the clamps I also recommend removing the two bolts the hold the hanger assembly to the body. Drop the muffler out with the hangers still attached. Trust me it speeds up the process exponentially and easier to frig with the rubber loops on the ground. Probably take you 5 minutes a side that way. I miss my ATAKS, best sounding exhaust on stock H pipe and headers. Switched to GT500 mufflers after the long tubes and O/R H-pipe.
  • Rich B. and Dimo like this

#3 ian51279

ian51279

New Boss 302 Member

• Southeast Region
  • 11 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:1979 F350, 2002 Focus

Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:20 PM

I just swapped out my factory's for a set of Corsa's last weekend.  Totally unnecessary to remove the over axle pipe.  However I did remove the driver's side of the chassis stiffener, it was 2 bolts.  And dropped the sway bar.  Those two things out of the way it was easy as pie.  I did use a small jack on the over axle pipe.  I couldn't hold that up and try to squeeze the muffler in on the driver's side.  Just pushed the pipe up till it hit the bottom of the car, just enough room to get everything in there.

I'll probably need to loosen the H-pipe so I can so I can move the mufflers a but to get my tips set perfectly.

• Rich B. likes this

#4 Rich B.

Rich B.

Not another year gone by?

• Northeast Region
  • 3,618 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:40 AM

Roger that on the Corsas, put Xtremes on last year. With open sidies it's perfect. WD is correct about installing, just unbolt hangars themselves from car and drop down. Oh, I did slightly jack up my over axle pipes also, gave me that extra critical 1", nothing disconnected.

For tip alignment should be able to loosen muffler ball and socket, slightly rotate and resnug. Mine anyways had enough flex with rubber muffler brackets to do this. Not sure at first but now like how the tips are rotated to match rear contour and actually look angled outwards (illusion). Appear to be more integral with fascia, mine look like these, casing is heavy 304SS. Attached File  image.jpeg   95.41KB   0 downloads

Well too like the actual tailpipe exit from rear of car. Not looking like a stub out off a muffler at the back end of the car but with appearance of muffler further inward. Will leave stainless showing underneath but I too have blacked out mufflers and pipes on other cars.

Edited by Rich B., 25 December 2017 - 06:07 AM.

• TymeSlayer likes this

#5 domesticpower

domesticpower

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 248 posts
  • Region:Canada, Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Mustang Boss 302

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:00 PM

Same as above, I didn't have to touch the H pipe although it was recommended IIRC. I can see it making the bolting the axle backs in easier but the install overall is more complicated and time consuming so don't see the point. Good luck! Please post a video!

'12 Mustang Boss 302 - Accelleratii Incredibus

TracKey
Open side-exit pipes
JLT Catch Can: JLT Oil Catch Can Review
Ford Racing Torsen Diff (OEM spec)
Fays2 Watt's Link

MM C/C Plates
Tires: Square F/R 285/35/18 Michelin PSS
Wheels: F/R 18"x9.5" TSW Nurburgring's
Ford Racing Boss 302R Steering Rack
GT500 Spoiler
Saleen S281 Front Grille

Heartthrob Flowpack Axle Backs

The Ram's Eye Logo

Featured Article: 2018 Mustang GT & EcoBoost Power Figures!

#6 Rich B.

Rich B.

Not another year gone by?

• Northeast Region
  • 3,618 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:20 AM

Same as above, I didn't have to touch the H pipe although it was recommended IIRC. I can see it making the bolting the axle backs in easier but the install overall is more complicated and time consuming so don't see the point. Good luck! Please post a video!

Roger that on installer preference. Just was easier for me, I'm left handed and do everything backwards anyways. Used open end wrench as it's a tight spot. Myself, can't help with video as car is in deep freeze mode in shed (1 1/2 car garage) and had over 2' of snow with drifts last night lol. As I recall hanger with muffler drop was easier than trying to pry muffler struts from them. Come right apart with no strain on anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·