Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Successful Track Key Tune - Vancouver, BC

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 67greengt

67greengt

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 16 posts
  • Region:Canada, Western
  • Current Vehicle:1967 mustang
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:23 PM

Last couple months I purchased a 13' RR Boss 302, very clean car 4k miles one owner, no accidents no claims, never tracked - the original owner had never even done a burnout in the car. I was sold the car as track key enabled, when I picked up the car turns out it wasn't installed. Long story short, the dealer went good for it and ordered the track key install/kit. Just finished the flash today and what a difference! The throttle is much crisper, haven't noticed a huge difference in engine braking yet, but I do have to say with the baffles out the lopey idle sounds great. I love the slight shake to the car reminiscent of the old muscle cars. I have an auto cross race this weekend so I can't wait to see how it performs!

Anyways thought I'd pass it on, that you can still get the keys, they now come with a K&N Filter and Ford Pro call tool - pretty slick process. Hats off to ford racing for how they do the whole program. Now I've got a code reader, not to mention if I change tire heights I can re program the speedo myself. Pretty cool!

Cheers

Tom

• TymeSlayer and Rich B. like this

Tommy Thu

13' RR Boss 302 #2365  all stock, track key enabled

67' Pro Touring Fastback, Roush supercharged coyote, Detroit Speed Quadra Link, RS Front Clip, Baer 14" 6 pistons, Bowler Stage 2 T56

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#2 WHO DA

WHO DA

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 35 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302 (GHIG)
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:12 PM

Glad you like it! It is a pretty cool OEM feature having two keys. I pretty much threw away the silver key after getting TK. It was kind of disappointment losing some TK features when I switched to an aftermarket tune, most of which was launch control. Lopey idle is still my favorite part of the car!

Enjoy!

#3 BOSSBOY

BOSSBOY

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 178 posts
  • Region:U.S., Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2012 BOSS 302 - 2016 GT350 Track Pack - 2008 Saleen Gurney Eagle - 2007 Shelby GT - 2016 Stingray Vert
  • Boss 302's Year:2012

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:32 PM

Totally agree.....the silver key is a waste of time on these cars. And also concur...the lopey idle is the utmost coolest feature on these cars!!

36698853856_dd49c03257_m_d.jpg

2007 Shelby GT Black #5671

2008 Saleen Gurney Eagle Vista Blue

2012 BOSS 302 Red / White 1 of 156

2016 GT350 Avalanche Grey / Blue Stripe

2016 Stingray Vert Silver / Red Guts  :whistling: 

#4 67greengt

67greengt

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:02 PM

Thanks guys! I agree the lopey idle and the way the car shakes make it feel like a true muscle car. Not going to test out the launch control until after this weekend's auto cross hahah. All I know is that when i've hit the car does get a lot of wheel hop and I would imagine a launch with the LC on would only make that worse

Tommy Thu

67' Pro Touring Fastback, Roush supercharged coyote, Detroit Speed Quadra Link, RS Front Clip, Baer 14" 6 pistons, Bowler Stage 2 T56

#5 WHO DA

WHO DA

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 35 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302 (GHIG)
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:36 AM

Thanks guys! I agree the lopey idle and the way the car shakes make it feel like a true muscle car. Not going to test out the launch control until after this weekend's auto cross hahah. All I know is that when i've hit the car does get a lot of wheel hop and I would imagine a launch with the LC on would only make that worse

I had wheel hop the second I rolled off the lot and smashed on it. That's why my first mod were lower control arm relocation brackets; instant fix and super cheap. Lol

#6 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 3,106 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4 SuperCrew FX4 - 2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302
  • Boss 302's Year:2012
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:34 AM

Good deal for you and Kudos to your Ford dealer for hooking you up. I AutoX and HPDE my '12 and love TracKey and have no need or plans to aftermarket tune it. I love her just the way she is. I did do a bunch of BMR suspension mods and viola... no wheel hop! Good luck with your upcoming AutoX and share a few pictures at your outing if you can. 

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Recaro Seats/ Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket / Fire Extinguisher Mount / Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - CoolTech Boss 302 Oil Cooler with T-Stat / 6PT Harness Belts and Clips - Corbeau Harness Bar - Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

Sweet Lorraine - Circa March 2015

#7 fking1

fking1

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 222 posts
  • Region:U.S., Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:13 Boss 302

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:37 AM

You are fortunate to find an Autocross at this time of the year. Nothing here till April.

Let us know how you do, pics?

I run SCCA SOLOs in Detroit & Toledo, about 10 a year with the Red Key.

Have suspension mods, nothing to the motor.

Went to 295 - 265 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's last season, much better than the original Pirelli's.

#8 67greengt

67greengt

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:44 PM

I will definitely share some pics and a post on the day! I've done 3 of them now and am completely hooked. This is the reason I bought this car. I'm running it in class FS so I can't do any mods other than 200 treadwear tires, brake pads that kind of stuff. I'm currently running BFGoodrich G Force Comp 2 all seasons, wow do they work well in the rain!! last event lots of guys were spinning out, but with all my traction aids off I pushed the car real hard and no spins, no cones. I've got a set of the rival s tires on order so can't wait to try that out when it dries out.

Here's a dumb question for you guys, when using launch control I would imagine I turn all the traction control/sport trac stuff off?

Thanks!

Tom

Tommy Thu

#9 fking1

fking1

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 222 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:10 PM

I turn off everything when using launch control as well as autocrosss.

I also run FS having only suspension changes & the upsized tires, which are Class legal.

As I said in the other thread, you will like the Rival's.

I previously ran Hoosier slicks on the Vette & the Rivals are every bit as good.

#10 67greengt

67greengt

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:15 PM

The series I run is called Slush series, basically a series that takes place in the off season and still allows guys to get out and run. Apparently they run in snow (to a certain extent) Looking like this weekend is going to be somewhat dry so should be good. I'll try to upload some go pro footage if possible. Here's some pics from the last event a few weeks back. My good buddy does all the photo's and he's amazing behind the lens!

For all of you that are on instagram check us out

tommyamgtt2

ridic_u_loose

Loving this forum, thanks for all the feedback and help!

Attached Files

• TymeSlayer and fking1 like this

Tommy Thu

#11 fking1

fking1

New Boss 302 Member

• Great Lakes Region
  • 222 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:23 PM

Notice you have driving lights installed, me too.

Also, where Fog Lights are on GT's I have the screens with perforations to help cool  the  brakes.

Have fun racing & keep in touch.

#12 Johnny5

Johnny5

New Boss 302 Member

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:05 PM

Been some time since I've posted, but with 4 other cars and a couple of bikes I've been a bit distracted.  I took the Boss out for a drive today.  2012 owned since new.  I've noticed that many people complained that the lopey idle was too subdued with trackey.  I'll say this: my car doesn't have a lot of mods, but it does have corsa mufflers and kooks shorty headers (selected so that I could keep trackey) and the lopey idle is very noticeable.  After adding the headers it barks and pops and snaps a lot more than it did before the headers.

I'd like to add a mid pipe and maybe over axle pipe to finish things off with the exhaust, but other projects are taking precedent for now.  If I do any further upgrades will let you know how trackey responds, but I'm very careful what upgrades to choose as trackey is very clearly sensitive to certain modifications.

• Rich B. likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·