Custom Search

REGISTER YOUR BOSS 302 @ the Ford Authorized Boss 302 Registry Here!

Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Boss 302 Forum Club. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Member benefits:
  • Join your Boss 302 region
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos and more. . .
Click here to register now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

LS faux gas cap emblem on Boss

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lee01

lee01

New Boss 302 Member

• Canadian Region
  • 11 posts
  • Region:Canada, Central
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302
  • Boss 302's Year:2012

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:22 PM

I don't like the ''running horse'' on mustang and the ''faux'' gas cap is not helping.

So I decided to buy an ''eBaY'' LS cap for under 30$ shipped.

Real one goes (if real) for over 200$, so for me in Canada is like C$320. Hey! i'm not cheap lol i'm skilled lol

So if you think its a simple swap....nope, not with the ''china'' made one atleast.

A lot of trimming and cutting that China version to make it fit.

At the end it did fit, looks original and I can always swap it back the original if needed later on.

2v2Ju5TwjxAhGeV.jpg

2v2Ju5TuyxAhGeV.jpg

• Ginger, Rich B. and Tl9437 like this

'12 YB #0664

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member of the Boss 302 Club.

It's totally free, has great benefits and unlocks features on this site. Click here to learn more.

#2 TK6

TK6

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 28 posts
  • Region:U.S., Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 BOSS 302 SBY
  • Boss 302's Year:2013

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:55 PM

That's Sonoma Raceway not Laguna Seca!!  Just kidding!  Looks good, I wouldn't mind doing the same.

• Rich B. likes this

#3 TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer

• Mountain Region
  • 3,125 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4 SuperCrew FX4 - 2013 Ford Edge Limited - 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:14 PM

Would be funny if the Chinese put on the wrong track!

• Rich B., Tl9437, TK6 and 1 other like this

FRPP 84.5MM Throttle Body / 302S Bumpsteer Kit / FR500S Front Wheel Hub and Rear Wheel Studs / Front Brake Cooling Ducts / LS Dash Gauges / LS Pedestal Spoiler / Recaro Seats/ Stainless Steel Clutch Line / T-Springs / Torsen Differential / TracKey -  BFR Aluminum Rear Brake Caliper Bracket / Fire Extinguisher Mount / Front Tow Hook Kit - BMR A-Arms / Front Drive Shaft Safety Loop / K-Member / Lower Control Arms / Radiator Support / Upper Control Arms / Watts Link - ForgeStar CF5V Matte Black – Mickey Thompson Street Comps - Hawk High Performance Ceramic Pads  - DBA Slotted Rotors - Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Kooks Shorty’s Headers / Boss 302 Side Pipes – Borla ATAKs Axle Backs / 2-3/4” Over Axle – MRT H-Pipes -QTP Electric Cutouts - Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - Airaid Parnelli Jones Cold Air Intake - CoolTech Boss 302 Oil Cooler with T-Stat / 6PT Harness Belts and Clips - Corbeau Harness Bar - Peterson Air-Oil Separator - Moroso Overflow Tank - SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit / Lightweight Steel Flywheel - MGW Race Spec Shifter - Koni Yellow Sports - Maximum Motorsport Caster-Camber Plates  - Aggressor Airflow Engraved Front Splitter

Member: FRMC - MCA - NASA Rocky Mountain

Sweet Lorraine - Circa March 2015

#4 BOSSBOY

BOSSBOY

New Boss 302 Member

• Pacific Coast Region
  • 196 posts
  • Region:U.S., Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2012 BOSS 302 - 2016 GT350 Track Pack - 2008 Saleen Gurney Eagle - 2007 Shelby GT - 2016 Stingray Vert

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:35 PM

Looks like a left handed sock puppet with red eyes. :lol:
  • TymeSlayer, Rich B., Tl9437 and 1 other like this

36698853856_dd49c03257_m_d.jpg

2007 Shelby GT Black #5671

2008 Saleen Gurney Eagle Vista Blue

2012 BOSS 302 Red / White 1 of 156

2016 GT350 Avalanche Grey / Blue Stripe

2016 Stingray Vert Silver / Red Guts  :whistling: 

#5 Rich B.

Rich B.

Not another year gone by?

• Northeast Region
  • 3,648 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:51 AM

True, it's still called the faux/fake gas cap but doesn't look like the original ones, much larger and strictly ornamental. Wish those never changed, you could drive up on either side of an island to fuel up, gas cap itself was teathered to eliminate theft or losing. A few other manuf's had maybe better ideas. My road runner had the fill behind the spring loaded rear license plate, not visible at all. Cadillacs from the '50's you'd lift up the driver side tail lamp on rear fin, try to find that one if your not aware. Attached File  image.jpeg   57.9KB   0 downloads

'57 Chevy too, had no idea. Attached File  image.jpeg   75.37KB   0 downloads So I'd much rather have a concealed gas fill than worry about having a front license plate (law in ME to display). Our Buick fill is on passenger side, I don't like that at all. So will just have to let wife do the honors as that's on her side now (might catch on?).

Edited by Rich B., 28 January 2018 - 05:57 AM.

#6 JeffIsHereToo

JeffIsHereToo

Jeff

• 984 posts
  • Region:U.S., Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:09 AM

It’s your car do do as you will but I have no issue with the Mustang emblem, quite the opposite actually, I’m very proud to own a Mustang and it’s in keeping with the 1969 Boss.

All this does, in my personal opinion, set you up to be called or seen as a poser. If I saw this I’d shake my head thinking you were trying to pass your car off as an LS. This happens a lot with people sticking Shelby snakes, Boss Stripes, and the like on cars looking silly to those of us that know.

Years ago we used to call a Boss’s like this a Laguna Faca.
Posted Image

#7 Rich B.

Rich B.

Not another year gone by?

• Northeast Region
  • 3,648 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:24 AM

Pretty sure in The Pine Tree State my car is pegged as a faker, mostly 6 cylinders and a few GT's here. They want to be in sport/performance mode but want the economy also, not pay the higher price for everything as with a performance version. Nothing wrong with the sixes but more appropriate in my Buick, it's a very smooth and adequate power plant. Dual exhaust perfect but don't try and make it into the V8 it can never be, even sound wise.

Let them think as they want and if someone pursues, the difference becomes quite obvious. Maybe not, still don't know what a Boss actually is or was. Isn't there a Boss company that makes underwear or something?

Well too I can't see a lot of difference between a LS and regular Boss. I mean with all the options plus a rear bench minus brace and a few suspension differences, maybe tires and spoiler? Way more distinction between a Boss and GT as I gather.

Edited by Rich B., 13 February 2018 - 07:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·